Chip Kelly and Baalke fired.....

Roberto71

Reaction score
Both will be gone according to NFLN.

That was a very short term for Kelly. The Niners must have someone lined up. It can't be Rex surely.....

Baalke should have been gone during the falling-out with Harbaugh. They fired the wrong one between those two imo.

I feel for Kelly, though. How is a coach meant to build a team and an overall culture in only one season?

The fact that they've fired two coaches, back-to-back, after only one season respectively, along with how the Baalke-Harbaugh was handled, tells me you may want to evaluate those making these executive decisions

Plus it's not like that team is currently bursting with talent. SF wasn't doing anything good this year regardless of the HC..

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If i live to be a hillion jillion, i will never get firing people with one or 2 games left, and really have 0 respect for all the team generated leaks about it which serve as trial balloons or something. just gross employer conduct, unless there is an extreme situation (the gm got coked up and got in his car and killed someone).

If i live to be a hillion jillion, i will never get firing people with one or 2 games left, and really have 0 respect for all the team generated leaks about it which serve as trial balloons or something. just gross employer conduct, unless there is an extreme situation (the gm got coked up and got in his car and killed someone).

So Chip Kelly got 15 games.

That GM is out of control. At least ownership got that part right.

Kelly should go back to college. The Niners have no clue, literally.

Wow. Looks like Kubes will be gone as well. Reports saying he will retire after the season. He's probably right as his health is an issue.

So there's a serious coaching issue now, so many spots need filling with so little proven, available coaches out there.

49ers have a serious ownership problem.

That is EXACTLY the issue. The York's have been a disaster and the best example of what BS heriditary set ups are. FFS, we left monarchies centuries ago and yet we still have this c**p going on.

I have a number of 49er friends and they despise the Yorks. More than Jets fans to Woody. Way more.

It's disgusting what they've done to a once great franchise.

Chip Kelly should absolutely go back to coaching in college. I hear Oohi St. could use a good coach. :coffee:
Baalke is in the same class as Grigson as a GM. Stupid as f**k and neither knows how to build a team. If Grigson isn't gone, Luck should publicly out him for not rebuilding his O line to protect him. I won't get started on his D.

Gee, one season for Kelly? Seems unfair to expect him to turn it around right away, considering the talent level and the mega-distraction caused by his (at the time) back-up quarterback. If Kraft went by that philosophy, BB would've been gone after 2000. What a bunch of dopes in San Francisco!

Kelly might as well go back to college. Take the NFL money and run, Chip! You're tagged as a two-time failure now, though why should that matter? The NFL delights in recycling coaches, some of whom don't even have winning records (*cough* Jeff Fisher *cough*).

The NFL delights in recycling coaches, some of whom don't even have winning records (*cough* Jeff Fisher *cough*).
I am no defender of Jeff Fisher (just the opposite, in fact).

But his career record is 173-165-1.

Pretty appalling. Kelly heard about his impending firing on the radio and had to call the Yorks to see what the hell was going on.....was not a good conversation by all means.

that's a trash organization, not having the balls to fire someone themselves. they should have a hard time finding anyone decent to take that job.

Back