Condolences

When they come to Cleveland Oct. 8 for the game the next day, someone from the HOF should just take him there, enshrine him, then build him a separate BB building so he doesn't have to share it with chumps like Bettis and Dungy and Napolian.

Nah, he's legit.

He's a horse's ass, but 7 Super Bowl appearances and 2 titles as a GM is no joke, especially when all three teams were full-on rebuild (or in Carolina's case, build) jobs.

https://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2016/09/patriots_texans_brissett_thurs.html

FOXBOROUGH — What a challenge it must have been for Bill Belichick, operating on a short week, to prepare a rookie third-string quarterback for a primetime game against a top-end defense.

Turns out Belichick's challenge pales in comparison to the one with which the Texans were faced Thursday: Crossing the 50-yard-line.

It took 43 snaps, almost three full quarters of game time, and almost two-and-a-half hours of real time. By the time it happened, this game was long over.

The Texans added all of these weapons in the offseason — Brock Osweiler, Lamar Miller, Will Fuller — but the result here was just the same as it was when the teams met a year ago in Houston.

The Pats overwhelmed the Texans' offense, rattling Osweiler and shutting down the run game in a 27-0 win.

What stood out:

JACOBY BRISSETT: He clearly has potential. Brissett moves about as well as a 235-pound quarterback can possibly move.

The playcalling here was somewhat limited, as Josh McDaniels did not ask Brissett to make any difficult throws. There was nothing down the middle of the field. The only vertical shots he took were along the sidelines in one-on-one situations.

The Pats also sprinkled in some jet sweeps to Julian Edelman, a Brissett bootleg that went for a 27-yard touchdown, a tight end around to the 275-pound Martellus Bennett, and a few option plays.

Brissett made sound decisions, demonstrated a rocket right arm, and overall had a nice debut.

It helped that his defense was awesome.

JAMIE COLLINS: Dont'a Hightower missed the game with a knee injury, and Collins was all over the field. He picked off Osweiler on an ill-advised throw in the first half and consistently blew up plays in the backfield. Collins racked up 13 tackles.

THE TEXANS: ....They're not very good. It's hard enough to win in Foxborough, even when Tom Brady is not playing. It's damn near impossible when you fumble two kickoffs, setting up the Pats at the 21-yard-line and the 22-yard-line, respectively. Both drives ended in New England touchdowns.

THE REST OF THE DEFENSE: The Pats played two deep safeties virtually the whole game, negating Houston's vertical passing attack.

DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller had catches of 53, 35, 35, 27, 23, 20, and 20 yards in Weeks 1 and 2. They did not have a single grab over 20 yards Thursday.

Nice night from both Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan.

LEGARRETTE BLOUNT: The Patriots topped 100 yards on the ground for the third straight week. They had 100 yards rushing in just six of 18 games a year ago.

Their 185 yards rushing were the most they have had since Jonas Gray's big night in Week 11 of the 2014 season.

@TommyD
the fact he had to legislate his way to an nfl that supported his team building model of preference makes him less legit. just as it does Shula.

@TommyD
the fact he had to legislate his way to an nfl that supported his team building model of preference makes him less legit. just as it does Shula.

I mean, he wasn't legislating anything in Buffalo. :shrug:

The only thing worse than a troll is one who talks big and vanishes. You know he'd be flapping his gums if the Texans won, but since they did crap from the opening kickoff he never even posted.

Too bad. He had the right idea about a scoreless game, just the wrong team. I hope his cowardly ass is banishrf to the assclown forum.

Kinda reminds me of what soothsayer Ricky Proehl said..."tonight a dynasty is born..." :coffee:

I'd have to say...this game was most likely one of the Pats best games ever. Most impressive imo...it has to be in the conversation.

Third string qb in Brisket starting...
Short week to prepare for it...
Numerous players out...
Playing a playoff team that isn't exactly the Cleveland Browns...
Dayum!!!!

I'd have to say...this game was most likely one of the Pats best games ever. Most impressive imo...it has to be in the conversation.

Third string qb in Brisket starting...
Short week to prepare for it...
Numerous players out...
Playing a playoff team that isn't exactly the Cleveland Browns...
Dayum!!!!

Browns might have gave us a better game. Houston was horrid, 2 kick off return fumbles? They did not even get into pats side of the field until late.

Yeah...so how'd that work out for the OP? lol, too bad he vanished. Unsurprisingly.

Seconded

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Been a while since a true fvcktard graced the board. Brings back memories.

another vote for that. This clown is a classic.

I was lurking on the BSPN forums this morning (a guilty pleasure...) and I noticed something-

I always used to say that Cowboy fans were the only fanbase that I have ever seen that shows up and talks even MORE smack after a loss.

Going to pull that one back in. Must be a Texas thing. These idiots were out there were everywhere like white on rice. It was hysterical.

I had a female Texan fan sitting right in front of me last night. She was an older woman, skinny as a crackhead. She spent literally the entire night cheering when her team made a first down or didn't fumble and flipping double birds every time the Pats made a play. I mean, she spent at least an hour on the evening waving her middle fingers around at everybody, but she was pretty nice to talk to despite being completely shit-faced and I couldn't help but feel bad for her.

So, with a few minutes to go she had enough and headed for the ramp and I called out to her. She looks at me and smiles and then flips me off one last time and I returned the favor.

We'll always have Foxboro.

Congratulations Pats fans ... your team absolutely owned my Texans.

I could not have been more wrong with my prediction.

Not sure anyone on the planet, not even the most hardcore NE fan saw that coming.

Texans looked pathetic in every aspect of the game.

BoB was out-coached by a country mile. Not really sure what the hell he was thinking with the game plan or play calling on offense. Ya'll can have him back.

Even if we would have been getting the calls on the PI's on Hopkins that were conveniently over-looked by the refs, we still would not have had a chance, although we may have at least been able to score.

Looks like you are headed to another AFC domination and we are headed to looking for a new coaching staff if they don't right the ship soon.

Tough thing for us Houston fans to take is that we have the talent on the field, and cant seem to find the right person to take that talent and win with it.

You are indeed fortunate to have landed the hoodie and solidified that role for all of these years.

Again nothing but praise for your teams performance last night.

Your still just a bunch of ****ing Chowds, but if you are ever in H-town I would be happy to buy you a cold Shiner Bock ... errr - Sam Adams and talk smack about football.

Late.

Congratulations Pats fans ... your team absolutely owned my Texans.

I could not have been more wrong with my prediction.

Not sure anyone on the planet, not even the most hardcore NE fan saw that coming.

Texans looked pathetic in every aspect of the game.

BoB was out-coached by a country mile. Not really sure what the hell he was thinking with the game plan or play calling on offense. Ya'll can have him back.

Even if we would have been getting the calls on the PI's on Hopkins that were conveniently over-looked by the refs, we still would not have had a chance, although we may have at least been able to score.

Looks like you are headed to another AFC domination and we are headed to looking for a new coaching staff if they don't right the ship soon.

Tough thing for us Houston fans to take is that we have the talent on the field, and cant seem to find the right person to take that talent and win with it.

You are indeed fortunate to have landed the hoodie and solidified that role for all of these years.

Again nothing but praise for your teams performance last night.

Your still just a bunch of ****ing Chowds, but if you are ever in H-town I would be happy to buy you a cold Shiner Bock ... errr - Sam Adams and talk smack about football.

Late.

Welcome back.

Took guts to show your face. Kudos.

Back