Congrats to Ty Law!

Ty Law's physical play style changed the "emphasis" on rules for CBs thanks to an assist from Polian. That's the definition of a game changer to me. Those were heady times! Well deserved but the older guys should have an alternative way to get into the Pats' HOF.

I doubt Tuna ever gets in. If the only candidate besides him was AHern, my guess is Krafty would have to fit a red jacket around his handcuffs for the on field ceremony.

He deserves it for that pick 6 in SB 36 alone! Plus his personal humiliation of Seyton Manning in the AFC Championship game!!

I would have thrown up in my mouth if they gave it to Parcells. I still think he mailed in that Superbowl!! I can't believe he was even on the ballot!

Ty Law picks childhood friend as HOF presenter

Posted by Josh Alper on July 1, 2019, 11:36 AM EDT

Ty Law has announced his choice of presenter for the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in Canton, Ohio next month.

Many players choose former coaches or teammates to speak on their behalf, but Law chose someone who knew him long before he suited up for Michigan, the Patriots, the Jets, the Chiefs or the Broncos.

Law chose his childhood friend Byron “Book” Washington. Washington grew up with Law in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania and moved to Ann Arbor to room with Law during Law’s final college season after the corner’s initial roommate moved out.

“My best friend in the world, like a biological twin brother, from when we were 1 year old,” Law said, via ESPN.com. “We grew up across the street from one another. Any experience that I had, closer to anyone in my life, he knows everything — all the good, where all the bones are buried. That’s my guy through thick and thin. If my grandfather was alive and here, it would be a no-brainer, as far as the impact in my life, but I couldn’t think of anyone else who knows me like Byron does.”

Back