Damien Woody place on IR

tommysgirl

Willing to eat this for Babalu
Reaction score
Per the morons on JI

Achilles injury.

Inneresting.

It is. Woody isn't the pefect football player and has made more coin than he is probably worth, but the guy has been an excellent run blocker his whole career. This can't help them.

Who is his backup? Is it Wayne Hunter?

It is. Woody isn't the pefect football player and has made more coin than he is probably worth, but the guy has been an excellent run blocker his whole career. This can't help them.

Who is his backup? Is it Wayne Hunter?

His backup is Vince's appetizer, on the way to devouring everything in his path in order to get some sandy vaj or dirty.

Not sure who they have for a back-up but, knowing that his knee had been a problem recently I was hoping for some exploitation from that end of the defensive line. He probably should have sat out the Buffalo game. Oh well, as they say "next man up!" you get to star in The Big Time. How long before we hear something out of this guy?

His backup is <strike>Vince's</strike> Jermaine Cunningham's appetizer, on the way to devouring everything in his path in order to get some sandy vaj or dirty.

BB: "Jermaine, I know you've missed a bunch of time, so I'm going to make it easy for you. Wherever you see 'Hunter' on the offensive line, you run past him, got it?"

JC: "No problem, coach."

Which leaves Vladimir Ducasse, a slow footed sloth, as backup OT.

Actually, Ducasse plays the other side. It will probably be Wayne Hunter. He's played pretty well when called upon but he's a converted TE so that's defly a concern.

This has to be considered a big loss for the Jets. I think him playing against the Colts helped make part of the small difference they won the game by. He'd been out the 3 games before that I think.

This has to be considered a big loss for the Jets. I think him playing against the Colts helped make part of the small difference they won the game by. He'd been out the 3 games before that I think.

"Ryan said he believes the Jets have the NFL's best backup offensive lineman in Wayne Hunter." :D
from the link above..

Greatest backup to ever play the game.. Someone should ask him what he thinks of Vince Wilfork.

Not really a big deal. He barely played for them this year and when he did, he didn't look very good (e.g. vs. Colts).

#Jets have elevated WR Patrick Turner to the active roster to take Damien Woody's spot.

#Jets signed guard Dennis Landolt (from Penn St) to the practice squad

Best practice squad players in the history of the NFL :coffee:

Problem with their reserve/practice players is that they may very well be some of the best, but because of lack of ability by staff to recognize said talent, those players may very well end up playing for rival teams.

Actually, Ducasse plays the other side. It will probably be Wayne Hunter. He's played pretty well when called upon but he's a converted TE so that's defly a concern.

I remember him from the draft. I think he played in Hawaii and was considered a real sleeper whose stock rose the month before the draft due to his size and athleticism, which figures as a former TE, but when I've seen him he hasn't looked very good. A finesse-type tackle and the polar opposite of Woody.

Still, you never know when a guy is going to wake up and I'm not going to assume that Woody is a key loss.

Back