Dennis and Callahan are idiots!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't these clowns suggest BB was 'helping' hid buddy Scott Pioli???

There is a limit to going along with whatever Bill Belichick says or does. I mean "pass the coolaid" is just a cute way of saying "the pats have won 3 sb's under belichick, so he's probably right about (fill in the blank-personnel moves, whatever)"

There is a bit of a cult following of Belichick. I know the majority of pats fans take things with a grain of salt, but I'm sure there must be people who would believe anything belichick does or says.

I mean, there are lemmings who would get in line with the other lemmings, and stand on the train tracks, or swim aimlessly into the ocean, if they thought Bill Belichick said it was the right thing to do.

I thought they should/would have gotten more for Cassel and Vrabel. I think almost everybody did/does. But then we have the chorus of rationalization, because we want to believe in our semi-newly found winning Patriots.

If no team is offering more for cassel how can you get more? You think the pats should have hung on to the 14 mil cap hit and not signed those corners hoping that someone would up the offer for cassel? They got what was offered, you act as though teams were throwing first rounders threw bills window and he said no.

There is a limit to going along with whatever Bill Belichick says or does. I mean "pass the coolaid" is just a cute way of saying "the pats have won 3 sb's under belichick, so he's probably right about (fill in the blank-personnel moves, whatever)"

There is a bit of a cult following of Belichick. I know the majority of pats fans take things with a grain of salt, but I'm sure there must be people who would believe anything belichick does or says.

I mean, there are lemmings who would get in line with the other lemmings, and stand on the train tracks, or swim aimlessly into the ocean, if they thought Bill Belichick said it was the right thing to do.

I thought they should/would have gotten more for Cassel and Vrabel. I think almost everybody did/does. But then we have the chorus of rationalization, because we want to believe in our semi-newly found winning Patriots.

Has he ever done ANYTHING that wasn't in the best interest of the team?

There are three sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth.

The truth is, Belichick got slightly hosed. And the Bears gave up a little too much. But for D(ouche) and C(olostomy) to be ragging on Belichick the way they were this morning is just sickening. As was said, the two things those boneheads neglect to talk about are 1) the contract situations and 2) the supposed value of the QB.

We all loved what Cassel did for us. The jury's still out as to whether it was him, or the coaching and talent around him. But I think he's gonna be a pretty good QB. However, it's indisputable that Cutler was a FAR more heralded high-round pick, and has had more time in the NFL to show his talent. Thus, he commanded much more value. And he's got the Pro Bowl thing (even if it might've been a bullshit election).

Yes, I think Belichick could've gotten more for Cassel. Maybe a low 1st, like #24-28. And I don't think Vrabel needed to be thrown into the deal. And I'm not debating the whole "well we was gonna cut Vrabel anyway so he did him a favor" thing; I'm just talking, value-for-value, Cassel + Vrabel for a high 2nd was probably not the greatest deal. But there is NO WAY, with...

....Cassel's one year of production...
...his status as a low-round benchwarmer before that...
...the fact that he was coached by Belichick...
...and was throwing to Moss and Welker...

...was Belichick going to get TWO FIRSTS, A THIRD, AND A QB in exchange.

On the other side, yes, I think the Bears got hosed quite a bit. I would think the 1st and 3rd, plus Orton, was plenty good enough. Throwing in another 1st was just stupidity. But, hey, they ain't my draft picks.

The big problem with D&C is that they have an axe to grind with BB because he goes on Teh Big Show and not theirs. That's is what they are pissed about. Besides the fact everyone knows they are a couple of blowhards. And what the hell KKK Kallahan sees in Ann Coulter is beyond me.

On the other side, yes, I think the Bears got hosed quite a bit. I would think the 1st and 3rd, plus Orton, was plenty good enough. Throwing in another 1st was just stupidity. But, hey, they ain't my draft picks.

I'd hope Da Bears at least got a cigarette with this deal.

The big problem with D&C is that they have an axe to grind with BB because he goes on Teh Big Show and not theirs. That's is what they are pissed about. Besides the fact everyone knows they are a couple of blowhards.
yeah and teh Bigshow rags on them...but is is all part of the we question everything BB says you take it as gospel predetermined roles the two shows have

And what the hell KKK Kallahan sees in Ann Coulter is beyond me.
a penis he can hold and man-hands as Seinfield called them

What "chorus of rationalization" do you think is going on? You do understand that teams had nearly two weeks from the time Cassel signed his tender to to opening of F.A., to work out a trade with the Pats right? So what your saying is that either these teams that you think where so eager to give up multiple 1st round picks for Cassel, just didn't bother to call the Pats??? Or you think they did call the Pats and B.B. just told them he didn't want multiple 1st round picks he wanted a 2nd??? Is that what your saying? Or Maybe, just maybe, the reality is that no one stepped to the plate for Cassel and the Patriots took what they felt was the best offer on the table in order to move on with their off-season plans. :huh:

There are three sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth.

The truth is, Belichick got slightly hosed. And the Bears gave up a little too much. But for D(ouche) and C(olostomy) to be ragging on Belichick the way they were this morning is just sickening. As was said, the two things those boneheads neglect to talk about are 1) the contract situations and 2) the supposed value of the QB.

We all loved what Cassel did for us. The jury's still out as to whether it was him, or the coaching and talent around him. But I think he's gonna be a pretty good QB. However, it's indisputable that Cutler was a FAR more heralded high-round pick, and has had more time in the NFL to show his talent. Thus, he commanded much more value. And he's got the Pro Bowl thing (even if it might've been a bullshit election).

Yes, I think Belichick could've gotten more for Cassel. Maybe a low 1st, like #24-28. And I don't think Vrabel needed to be thrown into the deal. And I'm not debating the whole "well we was gonna cut Vrabel anyway so he did him a favor" thing; I'm just talking, value-for-value, Cassel + Vrabel for a high 2nd was probably not the greatest deal. But there is NO WAY, with...

....Cassel's one year of production...
...his status as a low-round benchwarmer before that...
...the fact that he was coached by Belichick...
...and was throwing to Moss and Welker...

...was Belichick going to get TWO FIRSTS, A THIRD, AND A QB in exchange.

Its nice to say that oh the pats should have got more, but who was offering more? Did the pats turn down 5 teams who were trying to give us first rounders? So if that was the best deal out there how did he get hosed? Basically the pats turned a Free agent pick up and a 7th round draft pick into a high 2nd rounder. I mean we act like Bill turned down all of these better deals to take the KC deal, as far as I know that was the only deal.

You listen to WEEI, and especially those idiots, at your own risk. Turn off idiot radio.

Since 790 the score went off the air WEEI is the only sports station I get in RI.

Its nice to say that oh the pats should have got more, but who was offering more? Did the pats turn down 5 teams who were trying to give us first rounders? So if that was the best deal out there how did he get hosed? Basically the pats turned a Free agent pick up and a 7th round draft pick into a high 2nd rounder. I mean we act like Bill turned down all of these better deals to take the KC deal, as far as I know that was the only deal.

All true and I think Denver really tried to pull a fast one here. They jumped in late trying get Cassel for a second while at the same time moving Culter to Tampa for a 1st and 2nd. Had it worked it would have been a great move by them, they get the QB they really want for basically nothing while adding another 1st round pick at the same time.

Jesus, God, she is just scary-looking.

Yeah, I never really got the attraction. She looks like the scarecrow to me. You put her on Fox News with the other hot babes they like to hire and she looks downright ugly. ;)

790 were idiots.

They offered a more intelligent broadcast. No screaming over each other. Just good discussion and interviews.

They never pumped up the signal to compete, cause a lot of folks would have jumped ship.

Dennis and Callahan are babbling on and on about how Belichick got hosed in the Cassel trade, because the Broncos got so much more for Cutler.

What don't these two idiots understand about the economics of this? Cutler is tied up for 3 more years. Cutler's signing bonus has already been paid by the Broncos. He's on the books for just over one million dollars in salary this year. If he plays 70% of the snaps he gets another $5M. That's under $7M total, even if he plays every snap. If he gets hurt, he only costs you something under $2M.

Cassel is under a one year franchise tag deal at $16M. That money is 100% guaranteed. If he gets hurt, you still have to pay it. If you cut him, you still have to pay it.

Cassel becomes a free agent again at the end of this season. If you franchise him again, the tag price will be around $18M. If Cassel has a good year, the bidding for him as a free agent will be intense. It's going to cost you a bundle to re-sign him, and there is no guarantee that you won't lose him. If you want to sign him to a long term contract now, the starting point for talks will be at least $25M guaranteed in the first two years, otherwise why would Cassel sign it?

The reason that the Pats got less for Cassel is that most teams could not afford Cassel, or didn't want to take that big a chance on him. Most teams didn't even have the cap space to do the deal. Cutler's contract is a bargain by any standards.

Nailed it. Hence the reason why the Pats only got a high 2nd rounder for Cassel (as I predicted). :Lwelcome:

Why can't people see the plain simple fact that "maybe what Bill took for Cassel was actually the best offer on the table"

I mean was BB supposed to just sit around and wait with $14 hanging over his head and salary cap. Bill saw the best deal offered and pulled the trigger. Has anyone heard of any other GM in the league come out and say that they offered anything for Cassel? I haven't.

Why can't people see the plain simple fact that "maybe what Bill took for Cassel was actually the best offer on the table"

I mean was BB supposed to just sit around and wait with $14 hanging over his head and salary cap. Bill saw the best deal offered and pulled the trigger. Has anyone heard of any other GM in the league come out and say that they offered anything for Cassel? I haven't.

You know, Belichick may have become a victim of his own success. As my wise father says, "#$^& me once, shame on you; @#$^ me twice, shame on me". Perhaps the other GMs/coaches/owners have grown leery of anything coming from Belichick's direction. Every coach who's left the tree has failed; every player who's left the team for a big-bucks contract has underproduced. The mere fact that two weeks went by with nary a nibble for Cassel tells you that there was more to the other teams' worry than simply, "Is Cassel worth it?" I think they're afraid of getting Belichicked.

You know, Belichick may have become a victim of his own success. As my wise father says, "#$^& me once, shame on you; @#$^ me twice, shame on me". Perhaps the other GMs/coaches/owners have grown leery ot anything coming from Belichick's direction. Every coach who's left the tree has failed; every player who's left the team for a big-bucks contract has underproduced. The mere fact that two weeks went by with nary a nibble for Cassel tells you that there was more to the other teams' worry than simply, "Is Cassel worth it?" I think they're afraid of getting Belichicked.

Its not that players fail when they leave, its just that the pats do not get rid of the core players that make this team great, they get rid of players they can replace and continue to win with. Seymour, brady, faulk, etc these guys do not get let go of, so the pats are not letting a player that will be great for another team walk out that door, so its not that players fail, its just that those players are not what you think they are without the core of the pats surrounding them.

Back