Derailed Brown non game thread

Jones doesn’t need excuses made for him in the form of offensive coaching. He’s just made some bad decisions with the ball this season. I’m sure there’s been an adjustment period but he can be better.

I was impressed with Zappe in his one start. I think he quarterbacked a darn good game and I don’t buy that he was riding with training wheels the whole time; just look at what he did at LOS pre-snap.

If one thinks Jones is the better option, that’s perfectly understandable. Just don’t think we need to undermine what Zappe did to pump up Jones or vice versa.

I want the guy who will help the team win games.

Jones doesn’t need excuses made for him in the form of offensive coaching. He’s just made some bad decisions with the ball this season. I’m sure there’s been an adjustment period but he can be better.

I was impressed with Zappe in his one start. I think he quarterbacked a darn good game and I don’t buy that he was riding with training wheels the whole time; just look at what he did at LOS pre-snap.
Yup. It was impressive.

Agree, the one who helps the team the most. If we choose right now and Mac is healthy I'll take a guy who started more than under two games.

Whether the plays were simple or not, my point is the way he played the position. We all saw it. The poise, ability to move up in the pocket and set the protection to account for the free rushers. Within the plays themselves, he made great adjustments getting the balls to the playmakers. Bill said after the game that he is seeing the game the way the coaches do. That is pretty high praise given it was his first start.
I said and have been saying he’s doing great not sure what your point is? He made what adjustments when he handed the ball off which was most of the time. Once more he did exactly what they told him to do, and he did it well. Matt Patrica did a great job game planning simple plays that he could handle. The offense had trouble in the red zone only scoring 1 TD and 5 field goals. The defense played outstanding keeping the Lions scoreless and scoring a TD of their own. That’s what won the game.

~Dee~

If one thinks Jones is the better option, that’s perfectly understandable. Just don’t think we need to undermine what Zappe did to pump up Jones or vice versa.

No ones undermining anything lol. He played great and Matt Patrica called a fantastic game period.

~Dee~

No ones undermining anything lol. He played great and Matt Patrica called a fantastic game period.

~Dee~

Some are. Caveating Zappe’s performance by saying he was given a limited game-plan and was one-read and done. I don’t see it; he made a full-field read. He was calling out free rushers at the LOS. He was changing the play pre-snap. He threw 21 passes. It was nothing like the Brissett game plan against Houston years ago. More like the Garappolo games against Arizona & Miami. And regardless of offensive play-calling, the coaches can’t handhold him into the pocket awareness he demonstrated.

I have nothing against Jones. If he gives the team the best chance to win, play him. I was just impressed with Zappe and am not impressed with the reasons people are pointing towards to discount his performance. That said, one really good game means next to nothing; if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to do it consistently, and he needs to do it against better competition.

Two (potentially) great QBs is better than one.

I've been clear on this that my dislike for Bill began about 6/7 years ago when he began letting the roster deteriorate. It has been steaming garbage now going on 3+ seasons but posters such as yourself just slap "rebuild" on every off year. IMO, he has lost it as a GM a long time and it is time for him to go. I will always be appreciative of his accomplishments and the winning he helped to bring here but the time has arrived for some new blood IMO.
I could make a long reply to that post. But I'll do a quick summary with a B and an S.

Some are. Caveating Zappe’s performance by saying he was given a limited game-plan and was one-read and done. I don’t see it; he made a full-field read. He was calling out free rushers at the LOS. He was changing the play pre-snap. He threw 21 passes. It was nothing like the Brissett game plan against Houston years ago. More like the Garappolo games against Arizona & Miami. And regardless of offensive play-calling, the coaches can’t handhold him into the pocket awareness he demonstrated.

I have nothing against Jones. If he gives the team the best chance to win, play him. I just was impressed with Zappe and am not impressed with the reasons people are pointing towards to discount his performance. That said, one really good game means next to nothing; if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to do it consistently, and he needs to do it against better competition.

Two (potentially) great QBs is better than one.
Once more they did and the coaches admitted they limited the play calling the funny thing is he did fine with what he was asked to do. I heard him call out the Mike a few times and I just rewatched again. His hand offs were good and he was looking for either Meyers or Henry most times which is fine. I’m glad Meyers is back to be honest It certainly helped Zappe out. As I said he’s doing fine I have no complaints Matt Patrica is fine in his game planning for the kid, as well. They are keeping it simple which isn’t a dig its a good thing.

~Dee~

I don’t think the patriots fans on here (as opposed to the haters) are making any type of justifications. People are happy with how Zappe performed in a very limited offense, in a very cautious game plan. But they’re also aware that what the patriots had him do is nowhere near what they’re asking Mac Jones to do, for a reason. And they’re also aware that Mac Jones. (dare I say it?) has a higher ceiling.

I don’t think the patriots fans on here (as opposed to the haters) are making any type of justifications. People are happy with how Zappe performed in a very limited offense, in a very cautious game plan. But they’re also aware that what the patriots had him do is nowhere near what they’re asking Mac Jones to do, for a reason. And they’re also aware that Mac Jones. (dare I say it?) has a higher ceiling.
How can you make that claim after Zappe has played in 2 games and looked very well in his first start.

And please stop with the "haters" nonsense. The Patriots fans who are demeaning Zappe's performance are doing so because they don't want to be wrong about Mac given how much they have drooled over the guy for the last 2 seasons.

How can you make that claim after Zappe has played in 2 games and looked very well in his first start.

And please stop with the "haters" nonsense. The Patriots fans who are demeaning Zappe's performance are doing so because they don't want to be wrong about Mac given how much they have drooled over the guy for the last 2 seasons.
As opposed to those who thought Mac sucked... or BB or Patrica or McDaniels (I agree with McDaniels was getting to predictable ) sucked. Sounds really familiar. I don’t think Zappe sucks Mac Jones only played 1 season by the way.....

~Dee~

I've been clear on this that my dislike for Bill began about 6/7 years ago when he began letting the roster deteriorate. It has been steaming garbage now going on 3+ seasons but posters such as yourself just slap "rebuild" on every off year. IMO, he has lost it as a GM a long time and it is time for him to go. I will always be appreciative of his accomplishments and the winning he helped to bring here but the time has arrived for some new blood IMO.

I think you've more than established this. No need to repeat the same thing again. I think we got the point.

The thread is Pats vs Browns, not "Why I Dislike Belichick For the Upteenth Time"

As opposed to those who thought Mac sucked... or BB or Patrica or McDaniels (I agree with McDaniels was getting to predictable ) sucked. Sounds really familiar. I don’t think Zappe sucks Mac Jones only played 1 season by the way.....

~Dee~
I don't recall anyone saying Mac sucked once he won the job from Cam. I do think it is interesting though how much the fanboys on this site are coming to his defense because Zappe played a nice game. I guess we will see how things go tomorrow. I agree with the other poster who said it is a good thing to have 2 good young QBs on the roster. (y)

I think you've more than established this. No need to repeat the same thing again. I think we got the point.

The thread is Pats vs Browns, not "Why I Dislike Belichick For the Upteenth Time"
I understand. But I did want to clarify to the poster who insinuated that I have always disliked Bill that that notion was false.

I don't recall anyone saying Mac sucked once he won the job from Cam. I do think it is interesting though how much the fanboys on this site are coming to his defense because Zappe played a nice game. I guess we will see how things go tomorrow. I agree with the other poster who said it is a good thing to have 2 good young QBs on the roster. (y)
And I find it interesting you feel that way and I agree its good to have 2 good QBs as well.

~Dee|

Ya know, I like Mazz. However, it is incredible how virtually every time she posts pretty much the same thing how the thread takes continuous left turns every time. It's like watching a NASCAR race including the crashes and pileups. And I strongly dislike NASCAR races. But like country music I put up with it because my best friend Jo loves them. Hell, even got to like a few country songs and that Branden NASCAR driver seems pretty cool.
Please forgive my digression. 😆

Carry on guys. ❤️ ✌️

Go Pats!!!!

:patpatriot32::patslogo26:

Ya know, I like Mazz. However, it is incredible how virtually every time she posts pretty much the same thing how the thread takes continuous left turns every time. It's like watching a NASCAR race including the crashes and pileups. And I strongly dislike NASCAR races. But like country music I put up with it because my best friend Jo loves them. Hell, even got to like a few country songs and that Branden NASCAR driver seems pretty cool.
Please forgive my digression. 😆

Carry on guys. ❤️ ✌️

Go Pats!!!!

:patpatriot32::patslogo26:
Go team.

I'm watching Bama in trouble at Tenn.
This thread is about the Patriots vs the Browns tomorrow. Instead, it's a Mac vs Zap contest. Quite frankly, I'm happy that we that we might have two good options at QB.. I doubt if Mac plays tomorrow, so I'm hoping that Zap has a hell of a game.
The Browns are a better team than the Lions. I'm hoping that our defense can have a similar performance as last week.

They did with Mac as well last year .....

~Dee~

During the 7 game win streak yes. But no during the 2-4 crappy start and 1-3 finish after Thanksgiving. Just stop getting cute and just play to their strengths, power run it 30+ times a game, a ton of play action, and cut out deep slow developing plays from the playbook. fire whoever keeps pushing for bad risky offensive football, if it’s that kid Evan Rothstein then give him the boot. Patriots are NOT a deep strike team, this personnel is set up to get a ton of first downs and ball control

Back