Derailed Brown non game thread

I understand. But I did want to clarify to the poster who insinuated that I have always disliked Bill that that notion was false.
The "poster" did not insinuate a damn thing. The "poster" read your exact words and replied. Had you not used the words that you used the "poster" would not have posted anything.
Stop trying to wear the victim badge, the "poster" is not buying the bullshit that you are trying to sell.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

During the 7 game win streak yes. But no during the 2-4 crappy start and 1-3 finish after Thanksgiving. Just stop getting cute and just play to their strengths, power run it 30+ times a game, a ton of play action, and cut out deep slow developing plays from the playbook. fire whoever keeps pushing for bad risky offensive football, if it’s that kid Evan Rothstein then give him the boot. Patriots are NOT a deep strike team, this personnel is set up to get a ton of first downs and ball control

Lazar has explained why you are being short sighted and rookie like in your approach in at least two articles posted here.

The approach you espouse (and repeat ad nauseam) can’t get us there. Maybe a few easier wins now at the expense of success later against better teams.

I used to think the same as you (on this very narrow topic) but I am able to read and understand and adapt my thinking.

At any rate, please stop repeating yourself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…

Awe come on. Heavy handed on this and looking the other way on trolls.

This is an issue.

Control the trolls and the thread stay clean.

The problem is that the trolls toe the line but push buttons. Posters then respond to button pushing and then that's how threads get derailed.

We can't ban a poster for having a differing opinion, even if said opinion has been repeated many times.

We certainly can't control posters responding to a polarizing post. That said, it does get tiring to see the same argument play out over and over due to differing opinions.

The problem is that the trolls toe the line but push buttons. Posters then respond to button pushing and then that's how threads get derailed.

We can't ban a poster for having a differing opinion, even if said opinion has been repeated many times.

We certainly can't control posters responding to a polarizing post. That said, it does get tiring to see the same argument play out over and over due to differing opinions.
Then kill the troll posts.

That was last year. How’d that turn out?
I wish more people would look back and remember the first game against the Bills in Buffalo last year and see the same principle ie gameplan was used. But it only worked for that one game...

~Dee~

Last edited:

I agree. I usually don't respond, but sometimes they just go a bridge too far.

I'm watching Bama in trouble at Tenn.
This thread is about the Patriots vs the Browns tomorrow. Instead, it's a Mac vs Zap contest. Quite frankly, I'm happy that we that we might have two good options at QB.. I doubt if Mac plays tomorrow, so I'm hoping that Zap has a hell of a game.
The Browns are a better team than the Lions. I'm hoping that our defense can have a similar performance as last week.

Lawrence Guy could finally be back. The Browns primarily run off tackle so Barmore could be used outside in a 5 technique today in a 3-3-1 (or 6-1) defensive front.
Judon has a big opportunity to shine again.

WR Nelson Agholor and DB Jonathan Jones have been downgraded to out for #NEvsCLE.
L'il Jordan Humphrey has been called up from the PS. Last week he was used as a blocker.
Tyquan Thornton could actually get some targets this week.
When in man coverage, Jack Jones on Amari Cooper or double Amari with a S on top or bracket coverage - either could work but if it's me, I'm doubling Amari Cooper and putting Jack Jones on David Bell, who has been the Browns #2 WR this year.

Last edited:
this is how a lot of us feel about tb but you just cackle and say he is "in our heads" 🙄
Except you were wrong. He had multiple years of championship football left.

Back