Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

How about the Bungles fans who were throwing $hit on the field and cheering when Roethlisberger went out on a cart. That has to be one of the worst fan bases.

I was pulling for the Bengals because they'd be an easier match up for the Patriots than the Chiefs, but the fans were such a-holes and the team is so undisciplined, it was fun to see them implode.

That's not the first time Bengals fans chucked bottles onto the field.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yJMa20xXykI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Just read on 247 Sports that Jules had been cleared to play on Saturday.

I should hope so, he's been practicing for a month. :coffee:

This seems as good a place as any to post what Scar said at an event yesterday.

From Reiss

3. About 75 fans who filed into the Patriots Hall of Fame on Saturday were treated to a “playoff huddle” discussion with retired offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who offered insight on the team, the playoffs, and his 30-year career with the Patriots. I sat alongside Scarnecchia and one thing that stood out to me was when he was asked by an attendee if it’s realistic to expect a return to some of the more aggressive schemes the team was running earlier in the season when it was winning 10 games in a row. “Book it,” he said. “And sleep easy tonight.” Scarnecchia, who was presented with a plaque from the Pro Football Writers of America as a 2015 Dr. Z Award winner for lifetime achievement as an assistant coach, also shared how he’s encouraged by what he’s seen from Jackson, as he believes he can provide a LeGarrette Blount-type presence for New England in the playoffs.

Not that I don't respect your opinion on football, but if it's between you and Scar, well......

Reiss is thinking a lot of good stuff in private that he can't say in public. When a good quote like that one from Scar comes his way, he jumps at the opportunity to give Pats fans something to cling to. Reason for optimism abounds.

This seems as good a place as any to post what Scar said at an event yesterday.

From Reiss

Not that I don't respect your opinion on football, but if it's between you and Scar, well......

Me too. That was a hell of a statement by Scar and I look forward to seeing us dictating again the way we did for the bulk of the season before all the "tanking" talk started. By some idiot.

Nothing could make me happier to see that line performing well and if the world wants to credit the return of Edelman for all of it then I'll nod my head and accept it as truth while knowing that there is a game-plan component on a different level that I'm not smart enough to fully get.

I'll know it when I see it, though.

I'm going to the game with Saturday with a dude who got to go to an Alumni dinner for season ticket holders a few weeks back and he and his wife sat at the table with Scar and got to hear some great stories. They reported that he was an extremely personable, friendly guy who would answer any question they asked candidly.

Jesus, what I wouldn't give to pick that man's brain right about now, but I'll take what I just read and feel hopeful that what we've been watching for the bulk of the last 6 weeks is a kind of horrible mirage.

Yesterday, the forecast was for clear and cold. Now they're looking at a potential cold and wet evening. :mad:

This Chief's guys avatar with Smith crossed out is priceless.

Hightower and Vollmer also cleared to play.

The Chiefs defense is ranked third in the league but the opposing offenses haven't been great.
Over the 11-game winning streak, the Chiefs have faced
Chargers twice
Raiders twice
Browns
Ravens
Bills
Texans
Lions
Steelers
Bad Peyton's Broncos
Texans (Hoyer had 4 ints and 2 fumbles)

If we're going to judge their defense by who they have faced then its not like we've faced that many good offenses either.
Bills twice.
Fins twice.
Jets twice.
Jags.
Tits.
Cowgirls without Romo and Dez.
Texans.
Colts.
Eagles.

If we're going to judge their defense by who they have faced then its not like we've faced that many good offenses either.
Bills twice.
Fins twice.
Jets twice.
Jags.
Tits.
Texans.
Colts.
Eagles.

Do we have a :pooping in the punch bowl: emoji?

:sulk:

Bills twice.
Fins twice.
Jets twice.
Jags.
Tits.
Texans.
Colts.
Eagles.

The Chiefs offense is among the worst of that bunch so not sure I get your point.

The Chiefs offense is among the worst of that bunch so not sure I get your point.
:huh: Chev was using the quality of the offenses that the Chiefs have played this year to make the point that their defense is not as good as the stats would indicate. I pointed out that we haven't really played that many good offenses either yet we all agree that we have a good Defense. Point being that we should't dismiss KCs defense as being a fluke.

Where KC offense being pedestrian comes into this I have no idea.

:huh: Chev was using the quality of the offenses that the Chiefs have played this year to make the point that their defense is not as good as the stats would indicate. I pointed out that we haven't really played that many good offenses either yet we all agree that we have a good Defense. Point being that we should't dismiss KCs defense as being a fluke.

Where KC offense being pedestrian comes into this I have no idea.

The KC offense sucks so if the Pats defense has benefited from playing crappy offenses that that will remain come Saturday with another dominant performance over a crap offense. On the flip, the Pats have a top 5 offense with many of their key offensive starters coming back verse Chiefs questionable defense. So that would mean Pats offense also dominates.

The KC offense sucks so if the Pats defense has benefited from playing crappy offenses that that will remain come Saturday with another dominant performance over a crap offense. On the flip, the Pats have a top 5 offense with many of their key offensive starters coming back verse Chiefs questionable defense. So that would mean Pats offense also dominates.
And if I'm a Chiefs fan I can look at our Offensive line the last 8 weeks, the possibility that JE11 might not be 100 percent or maybe rusty after a long layoff, a QB dealing with a high ankle sprain, a left tackle dealing with the same and think that my defense should be good enough to deal with this version of the Pats Offense instead of the one during the first 8 weeks of the season.
I think the Pats win by double digits but I'm not going to completely dismiss KCs defense and gloss over our own issues. But if you prefer it that way you go right ahead. I'll keep my thoughts to myself as to not interfere with your Feng Shui.

Yeah, facing a team that manhandled the Pats last year, which just blew out its playoff competition 30 zilch to move to 11 straight wins, when the Pats haven't played a good football game in nearly 2 months, and seemingly a majority of the team is injured or returning from injury, isn't exactly the ideal scenario. Should the Pats go one and done, it wouldn't be a huge shocker.

If I were given a choice for this matchup between the Steelers with a one armed QB and without their best WR as Brown moves through the concussion protocols, the Texans with their turnover machine of a QB and without their best RB, who struggle to move the ball downfield at all, the Bengals with their backup QB and complete lack of discipline, or the Chiefs who have done *just fine* without Jamaal Charles thank you very much, the Chiefs are the second worst scenario. Only the Bengals would be worse, and not because I don't think the Pats would win, but rather because their cheap shot artists might pull a Pollard and prematurely end any hopes of winning the games past them.

All that being said, it's still the Pats, and as long as Brady and Gronk are on the field with Belichick coaching, it's absolutely foolhardy to write them off. If nothing else, it should be a great game to watch, and I'll be counting on Brady and Belichick to pull out all the stops and come out with a Win.

Oh goody. Ballgate II. :coffee:

IKR??
I don't think they try that with Andy Reid.They know he and BB are friends, and Reid is very well established and doesn't need a thing from them. Only thing I would question is if there are any Pioli haters still in the building, that could make it a nice Kensil worming in spot. :coffee:

And if I'm a Chiefs fan I can look at our Offensive line the last 8 weeks, the possibility that JE11 might not be 100 percent or maybe rusty after a long layoff, a QB dealing with a high ankle sprain, a left tackle dealing with the same and think that my defense should be good enough to deal with this version of the Pats Offense instead of the one during the first 8 weeks of the season.
I think the Pats win by double digits but I'm not going to completely dismiss KCs defense and gloss over our own issues. But if you prefer it that way you go right ahead. I'll keep my thoughts to myself as to not interfere with your Feng Shui.

I agree. This will be a tough game. I don't believe our offense is going to score at will. I believe KC D is legit despite the competition they have played. But of course I am taking Brady all day especially with all his guys. I do think our D will out perform theirs because their offense is so limited and conservative.

Scheme-wise, the Patriots didn't try to do much during the last month of the season. I'd assume that was to avoid putting a lot of more recent film out there of some of the things they like to do. Especially while they were short-handed.

If Edelman is back and close to 100%, then they will put up at least 28 points on KC. And I don't think KC will put up 28 to match.

Reiss is thinking a lot of good stuff in private that he can't say in public. When a good quote like that one from Scar comes his way, he jumps at the opportunity to give Pats fans something to cling to. Reason for optimism abounds.

Interesting.

Why can't he say anything in public?

Is it that he's privy to information that he was given in confidence?

if yes, then my respect for him has gone up tremendously.

If BB/the Pats trust him enough to tell him something then that's a rare man indeed.

Hell I would have thought you've got a better chance to get the launch codes from the "football" than to get any such details from BB.

Back