Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Ahhhh. I haven't even talked about the offensive line yet. Stick around for doom and gloom part II.

In all seriousness, I've been responding to select concerns and I haven't liked the way the DL has handled the run all year long. Outside of Chandler Jones screwing up I haven't heard anybody besides myself gripe about the way the DL handles the run, but I'm not wild about what I see.

Overall, I like the Pats to come back strong this week and show the world that they are more like the team that went 10-0 than the one that finished 2-4 no matter how many key players went out with injuries. Run fits on the DL isn't really that big of a deal to me.

I don't see how we can be AS good, but if we are approximately as good I think we will beat KC.

This seems as good a place as any to post what Scar said at an event yesterday.

From Reiss

3. About 75 fans who filed into the Patriots Hall of Fame on Saturday were treated to a “playoff huddle” discussion with retired offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who offered insight on the team, the playoffs, and his 30-year career with the Patriots. I sat alongside Scarnecchia and one thing that stood out to me was when he was asked by an attendee if it’s realistic to expect a return to some of the more aggressive schemes the team was running earlier in the season when it was winning 10 games in a row. “Book it,” he said. “And sleep easy tonight.” Scarnecchia, who was presented with a plaque from the Pro Football Writers of America as a 2015 Dr. Z Award winner for lifetime achievement as an assistant coach, also shared how he’s encouraged by what he’s seen from Jackson, as he believes he can provide a LeGarrette Blount-type presence for New England in the playoffs.

Not that I don't respect your opinion on football, but if it's between you and Scar, well......

If you ask some people, we're not.

It's a two-part answer though:

1) Patrick Chung, a versatile in-the-box safety who can also double as a corner.
2) Jamie Collins, the best overall LB in football, in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Also this. And not 'one of'. First-Team All-Pro :coffee:

I was being humble:coffee:

~Dee~

Bellichick is known for taking away the opposing team's best player.

Who do you guys think that is?

Bellichick is known for taking away the opposing team's best player.

Who do you guys think that is?

On offense? It depends on who's available but my guess is take away the run.

~Dee~

When you've got one of the best (or for TommyD's sake, The Best) in the game facing you down every day in practice, you learn how to play those guys.

Gronk IS the BEST tight end in NFL HISTORY...

/thread

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

If you ask some people, we're not.

It's a two-part answer though:

1) Patrick Chung, a versatile in-the-box safety who can also double as a corner.
2) Jamie Collins, the best overall LB in football, in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Also this. And not 'one of'. First-Team All-Pro :coffee:

Gronk IS the BEST eva...:coffee:

What makes them putrid? :huh:
My experience with Chiefs fans is that they're typical of most other fan bases. We have very little interaction with them, but I'm assuming they're better than Pittsburgh or other AFC East fans.

How about the Bungles fans who were throwing $hit on the field and cheering when Roethlisberger went out on a cart. That has to be one of the worst fan bases.

I was pulling for the Bengals because they'd be an easier match up for the Patriots than the Chiefs, but the fans were such a-holes and the team is so undisciplined, it was fun to see them implode.

How about the Bungles fans who were throwing $hit on the field and cheering when Roethlisberger went out on a cart. That has to be one of the worst fan bases.

I was pulling for the Bengals because they'd be an easier match up for the Patriots than the Chiefs, but the fans were such a-holes and the team is so undisciplined, it was fun to see them implode.

Not for nothing but Eagle fans are way worse just saying:shrug_n:

~Dee~

That was really cringe inducing.

Raiders and Eagles fans are infamous...donkos fans are bad. Stealers fans can be shite. Hee Hawks fans can be terrible...49er's fans kill people...etc.

I hope this game better. THen the last pats Chiefs game I attended. Brady tore his ACL & MCL that game

Maybe they cheered when they realized he'd be easier to fight off in a bathroom at the bar after the game with his bad arm? :coffee:

This will be a huge test for that O-line . Strength of the KC defense is there pass rush. WR'S & Gronk are going to need to get quick separation off the snap.

Just read on 247 Sports that Jules had been cleared to play on Saturday.

Back