Enough of the Bye Week, the 'Boys are coming to town

well they seem to generate and embody the most love and most hate.

cowboys news sells. it generates clicks and its profitable news wise. even if you hate them you want to know about them, generally. why do you think the NFL puts the cowboys in primetime spots still? if you're not tuning in to cheer for the team you are tuning in for the love to see them lose and mess up.

that's precisely my point. cowboys dont have to win to do this.

If that's what makes you happy :shrug_n:

A friend of mine used to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, she still lives in Dallas and doesn't watch their games :)

And talking about your own relevance is a lot like talking about how classy you are. If you feel compelled to discuss it, you ain't.

the narrative now is that stephan jones is helping to call the shots and contrasting Jerry and getting into his ear. The cowboys FO as of late have been handling biz much like the patriots FO in regards to players and the philosophy that comes with that.

the franchise is multli-layered and multi-faceted. Im sure you would beg to differ. It's not like it just started winning in the last decade. Its been awhile. it has moved on to a dark times phase after a winning phase and its trying to move on from that while the brand remains completely relevant.

Can you explain exactly how the Cowboys FO is handling things like the Patriots FO? Jones still carries all the titles right? He is still the one making the personnel decisions or no?

The dark phase has been for 19 years now with 2 playoff wins total. Do you see a light somewhere that others are not seeing?

You mean this guy?

jerry.jpg
Can't stand that dope.

A friend of mine used to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, she still lives in Dallas and doesn't watch their games :)

And talking about your own relevance is a lot like talking about how classy you are. If you feel compelled to discuss it, you ain't.

Now now. Let's not go an start using the "T"word at our visitor. Geez. :coffee:

well Hawg73 on this topic mentioned earlier how cowboys are overrated. I had to contour for the record.

sure we havent won much in over 17 years but yet the cowboys are still the most talked about and the most popular team in all of sports. thats not an easy feet. not many teams can do this. im amazed actually. i figured we would wallow into obscurity with the amount of mediocre seasons we have had. but yet thats not the case. if people really hate the cowboys and want them to be really irrelevant than stop talking about them so much and caring if they lose on the level they do. treat us like the cleveland browns or detriot lions.

Can you explain exactly how the Cowboys FO is handling things like the Patriots FO? Jones still carries all the titles right? He is still the one making the personnel decisions or no?

The dark phase has been for 19 years now with 2 playoff wins total. Do you see a light somewhere that others are not seeing?

a guy named will mcclay is handling the directing of personal now and stephan jones is about as equal in calling the shots as jerry. stephan jones is the reason we didnt sign johnny football. jerry jones wanted him. glad stephan jones got in jerry's ear about that.

this is a recent thing.

its the reason that cowboys have invested so much on the oline and have put money into younger players over washed up bloated contract players.

the Ware move is a prime example. the old cowboys would have kept ware and over payed him.

cowboys are trying to build a team that can let go of some quality players but the system still work so as long as its run thru Tony Romo.

one of the big things the FO seems to be really faltering in is finding a decent replacement for Tony. As Tony goes the Cowboys go.

a guy named will mcclay is handling the directing of personal now and stephan jones is about as equal in calling the shots as jerry. stephan jones is the reason we didnt sign johnny football. jerry jones wanted him. glad stephan jones got in jerry's ear about that.

this is a recent thing.

its the reason that cowboys have invested so much on the oline and have put money into younger players over washed up bloated contract players.

the Ware move is a prime example. the old cowboys would have kept ware and over payed him.

cowboys are trying to build a team that can let go of some quality players but the system still work so as long as its run thru Tony Romo.

one of the big things the FO seems to be really faltering in is finding a decent replacement for Tony. As Tony goes the Cowboys go.

I have always felt Romo has been underappreciated by the media and even the Cowboys fan base. The guy has been the main cog for years now. It is not easy to replace a guy like him just as it is for any team with a franchise QB but you have to wonder if the injuries will continue to mount the older he gets.

well Hawg73 on this topic mentioned earlier how cowboys are overrated. I had to contour for the record.

sure we havent won much in over 17 years but yet the cowboys are still the most talked about and the most popular team in all of sports. thats not an easy feet. not many teams can do this. im amazed actually. i figured we would wallow into obscurity with the amount of mediocre seasons we have had. but yet thats not the case. if people really hate the cowboys and want them to be really irrelevant than stop talking about them so much and caring if they lose on the level they do. treat us like the cleveland browns or detriot lions.

The Pats have been more talked about and hated the last 10 years than the Cowboys. They have become the new America's team. Dallas will always have its followers because of its history but Jones has turned them more into a circus side show.

After Sunday, the Cowboys will once again be irrelevant, at least on this board.

The Pats have been more talked about and hated the last 10 years than the Cowboys. They have become the new America's team. Dallas will always have its followers because of its history but Jones has turned them more into a circus side show.

A more apt comparison is the 70s Raiders and the Pats. Both hated intensely, mainly due to winning. The 70s Raiders were considered dirty and nasty. Picking up all the bad boy castaways. The Pats are considered cheaters and vile, finding ways to win by bending rules and having a lack of integrity and fairness. How dare they run up the score!

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/07/26/patriots-most-hated-nfl-team-belichick-most-hated-coach/

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2013/12/13/most-hatedteams

Jerrah: "This is David versus Goliath."

The Dallas Cowboys are more than a touchdown underdog to the New England Patriots this weekend and Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones openly understands that.
Jones went on 105.3 The Fan Friday morning for his weekly interview to discuss his team's undefeated Week 5 opponent.
"It's going to take absolutely the best that we're capable of playing," Jones said. "Which means very few mistakes of the critical kind. Those turnovers are obvious, but we don't need to discuss that. And, it's going to take our defense really giving them a lot of concern and giving them a lot of challenges. The good news is that we've got a chance to do it. This is David against Goliath and that's good because everybody knows David did get Goliath, so it's possible.
"It's going to take that kind of effort for us. Offensively, we've got to continue to have minimal mistakes and we've got to make some plays... We've got to get 20 yards or more a play."
Of course, Jones' mention of David against Goliath is a biblical reference in regards to an opponent being weaker and overmatched, yet still coming away as the victor in a contest.
The Cowboys are facing the defending Super Bowl champs who haven't lost at all in 2015. The Cowboys will be without star and key contributing players. So, does David really even have a chance to take down Goliath?
"I don't like the circumstances that cause you to be David against Goliath," Jones said. "But at the same token, those circumstances are really intriguing in sports. And yes, they are actually a challenge to prepare for. Certainly, again, I hate to keep referring back to it, but David was pretty aggressive with Goliath. There is a lot to be said when the bigger and the best hit him on the nose."

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-Patriots-This-is-David-against-Goliath-40093132

Jerrah: "This is David versus Goliath."

The Dallas Cowboys are more than a touchdown underdog to the New England Patriots this weekend and Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones openly understands that.
Jones went on 105.3 The Fan Friday morning for his weekly interview to discuss his team's undefeated Week 5 opponent.
"It's going to take absolutely the best that we're capable of playing," Jones said. "Which means very few mistakes of the critical kind. Those turnovers are obvious, but we don't need to discuss that. And, it's going to take our defense really giving them a lot of concern and giving them a lot of challenges. The good news is that we've got a chance to do it. This is David against Goliath and that's good because everybody knows David did get Goliath, so it's possible.
"It's going to take that kind of effort for us. Offensively, we've got to continue to have minimal mistakes and we've got to make some plays... We've got to get 20 yards or more a play."
Of course, Jones' mention of David against Goliath is a biblical reference in regards to an opponent being weaker and overmatched, yet still coming away as the victor in a contest.
The Cowboys are facing the defending Super Bowl champs who haven't lost at all in 2015. The Cowboys will be without star and key contributing players. So, does David really even have a chance to take down Goliath?
"I don't like the circumstances that cause you to be David against Goliath," Jones said. "But at the same token, those circumstances are really intriguing in sports. And yes, they are actually a challenge to prepare for. Certainly, again, I hate to keep referring back to it, but David was pretty aggressive with Goliath. There is a lot to be said when the bigger and the best hit him on the nose."

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Jerry-Jones-on-Cowboys-Patriots-This-is-David-against-Goliath-40093132

A better comparison would be a bounty hunter busting a pervert(JJ) on the lam.

the thing is is that the Pats have to win do this. Cowboys don't.

hence Americas team. Still big and largely talked about regardless of win or loose.

Lets see the Pats go 17years of mediocrity and the brand still be powerful and the franchise still be put in prime time spots and be heavily exposed and be the richest team in all of sports or nfl.

After Sunday, the Cowboys will once again be irrelevant, at least on this board.

i would hope so. no need to talk about us. we have a lot of people do that enough already.

i just wish we had Tony Romo and Dez to have a fighting chance. It would have been a good game.

im expecting a blowout.

we dont stand a chance with Weeden. and we don't have any home advantage at all.

i would hope so. no need to talk about us. we have a lot of people do that enough already.

i just wish we had Tony Romo and Dez to have a fighting chance. It would have been a good game.

im expecting a blowout.

we dont stand a chance with Weeden. and we don't have any home advantage at all.

Thought Cassel was going to start this one.
Quick question. Who goes after Gronk and who covers Edelman?

the thing is is that the Pats have to win do this. Cowboys don't.

hence Americas team. Still big and largely talked about regardless of win or loose.

Lets see the Pats go 17years of mediocrity and the brand still be powerful and the franchise still be put in prime time spots and be heavily exposed and be the richest team in all of sports or nfl.

What? The Cowboys have the brand they do because of winning and being a dynastic team in the 70's and the early part of the 90's. The Pats have been the best team of the modern cap/FA era for 15 years and counting and I would also argue best franchise of all time based on winning percentage in both regular season and post-season. So yeah, the Pats will be talked about for years and years to come as every team tries to match what they have done in this era of football where teams change over personnel every 3 years.

i would hope so. no need to talk about us. we have a lot of people do that enough already. i just wish we had Tony Romo and Dez to have a fighting chance. It would have been a good game. im expecting a blowout. we dont stand a chance with Weeden. and we don't have any home advantage at all.
Who do you think actually talks about the Cowboys?

The mediots on ESPN? Who else?

Thought Cassel was going to start this one.
Quick question. Who goes after Gronk and who covers Edelman?

On Gronk maybe a LB bump followed by a hand off to Byron Jones with safety help over top. Single up the outside WRs.

Mo on Edelman.

My understanding is you don't stop Gronk he will get his. You only hope you can slow him down. Than again if you work too much on Gronk Dion Lewis and Edleman will have a field day. But I'm willing to live or die with Mo singled on Edelman.

The best bet is to get help from the pass rushers to pressure Tom which is very difficult to do. If we can't do that we will loose this game.

We havent generated any ounce of effective pass rush lately at all but maybe the new guys coming in will help. Thats our only help.

Back