G-Men or Fins?

I was wanting the Giants to win last night, especially after hearing Jim Gray's interview with Don Shula. He asked Shula who he thought might catch him for total wins by a coach, he asked who was closest to catching him and Gray said BB. Then Don Shula mumbled a few words then said he's not going to talk about BB.

Ole Don looks terrible and like he's on his last legs, would love to wish him well but I have standards to maintain.

I would love to know why Shula hates BB so much. Is it simply a Patriots thing or is there some hidden back story to the Shula/BB relationship (or lack of it)?

I still don't understand the Giants hate. So they beat the Patriots in 2 well fought games that could have gone either way. Big deal. I've been watching the Giants my whole life, especially back in the days when the Patriots sucked and/or would get blacked out on local TV.

It's a franchise where former and current Patriots coaches have ties (BB, Parcells, RAC) and are a really well run organization with decent fan base, at least the old school people are anyway. BB always has high praise for them too, a little more than normal I think. He even went into great detail about his Giants days and emotional attachment to them in the "Football Life" special which is why I don't understand why some of their fans hate BB.

The Giants can actually be eliminated this Sunday if the Eagles and Redskins both win and Carolina beats the Giants. Good riddance.

I just don't envision any scenario where the Giants beat Carolina, but hey...any given Sunday and stuff.

This cracked me up. There are "1st world problems," but this is even above that.

If that is really the worst Pats fans have to deal with, you're really spoiled silly.

Appreciate your impartial point of view. Could you maybe find a Rams, Panthers, Eagles and a Sea Chickens fan and to round out the reality based perspective?

And you're right of course . We're Lucky that No one dares throw real crap at the mighty Patriots, so trivial shit is all we are left with to bitch about. coffeeguy

Cheers, BostonTim

I also find it funny that the 2 worst divisions in football (NFCE, AFCS) have the worst records in football in a year where they had to play the AFCE.

I would love to know why Shula hates BB so much. Is it simply a Patriots thing or is there some hidden back story to the Shula/BB relationship (or lack of it)?

I think he believes all the cheater bs plus the Pats have owned the AFCE for over a decade which means his Dolphins finish 2nd or worse ever year.

Tommy knows more about it than I do.

The Giants can actually be eliminated this Sunday if the Eagles and Redskins both win and Carolina beats the Giants. Good riddance.

But will the Cowboys still be alive? I mean, they've gone 1-9 without Romo but are apparently capable of kicking it into gear at any time.

I'm actually going to be rooting for the jets...wow... Hopefully they won't jets it up.

I still don't understand the Giants hate. So they beat the Patriots in 2 well fought games that could have gone either way. Big deal. I've been watching the Giants my whole life, especially back in the days when the Patriots sucked and/or would get blacked out on local TV.

It's a franchise where former and current Patriots coaches have ties (BB, Parcells, RAC) and are a really well run organization with decent fan base, at least the old school people are anyway. BB always has high praise for them too, a little more than normal I think. He even went into great detail about his Giants days and emotional attachment to them in the "Football Life" special which is why I don't understand why some of their fans hate BB.

Fvck the Giants...

Divisions...

I also find it funny that the 2 worst divisions in football (NFCE, AFCS) have the worst records in football in a year where they had to play the AFCE.

You made me curious, so I checked out the division's records against each other.

With 3 games to play, the AFC East is 7 wins 6 losses against the NFC East. Closer than I expected.

With 2 games to play, the AFC East is 11 wins and 3 losses against the AFC South. Not close.

Curiously, Both the NFC East and AFC South are playing the AFC East and NFC South. Thus, they've all scheduled for both the Patriots and the Panthers. With only Patriots - Titans left to play next week, that's seven losses by the bottom feeding divisions right there.

And I was wondering how the Panthers won so many games. They're playing our schedule.

You made me curious, so I checked out the division's records against each other.

With 3 games to play, the AFC East is 7 wins 6 losses against the NFC East. Closer than I expected.

Shockingly, the big reason for this is Philly, who is 3-1 against the AFCE.

1) Shula is a petty, jealous little whiny douche, just like his QB was. That's what years on the competition committee will do to you, I guess.

2) That extends to here, and goes back to being jealous of Parcells. Shula won more games, but Parcells was always seen at the better coach. He ranted against Parcells to anyone who would listen when the Dolphins hired him way back when.

3) **** Don Shula, I hope his living corpse makes it long enough to watch Belichick pass him. :coffee:

1) Shula is a petty, jealous little whiny douche, just like his QB was. That's what years on the competition committee will do to you, I guess.

2) That extends to here, and goes back to being jealous of Parcells. Shula won more games, but Parcells was always seen at the better coach. He ranted against Parcells to anyone who would listen when the Dolphins hired him way back when.

3) **** Don Shula, I hope his living corpse makes it long enough to watch Belichick pass him. :coffee:

Tommy, I think you REALLY need to let us know how you feel about Shula. Can you do it in 20 words or less? :dith:

As for the other 31 teams in the NFL... Screw them all!!!!

:patriotlogo::patriotlogo::patriotlogo::patriotlogo::patriotlogo:

This cracked me up. There are "1st world problems," but this is even above that.

If that is really the worst Pats fans have to deal with, you're really spoiled silly.

So, what's your point?

:)

1) Go **** yourself

2) Thanks to Miami losing tonight, the Patriots clinched the AFC East and the third-seed at worst. Also, the Dolphins are the most disgusting excuse for a professional football franchise that there is. So Miami losing was the only way to go.

3) Go **** yourself. :4321:

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

ROFL

Back