Gamete Thread - Saints @ Patriots - Sun. Sept. 26 1PM (FOX)

We don't really have "scandals". They're fabricated "scandals" made up and sold to the public, knowing 31 other teams want harm done to a dynasty. Cap cheating, using illegal communications like Cleveland, Balitmore and the Giants, and numerous other questionable tactics, much of it going completely unpunished by Goebbels at 345 Park Ave, are fare worse than Belichick flicking off Manboobs and the Jets in retaliation for Manboob's violation in Foxborough in January 2007 that went unpunished.

The media has made millions off these supposed "scandals", which is why Goodell lied and leaked info to ESPN and Chris Mortensen. They work hand in hand. Goodell and the cheating owners get what they want, as does ESPN, who has a 13 billion dollar contract with the NFL for MNF. Goodell tells ESPN to jump, someone like Mortensen says "how high?".
The Balls of the 3rd Rech

Hitler had just one big ball
Goering had 2 but they were small
Himler had somethin simler
And Goebbels had no balls at all.

(sung to " Colonel Bogey March")

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8F8g1-4Uw

We may find out a lot more about things like deflategate when Wickersham's book comes out in 3 weeks. I've always wondered if there was a reason BB told reporters to "ask Tom" when he was asked what he knew about it in his presser the day after the allegations hit. I thought that was odd and uncharacteristic of BB at the time. That doesn't mean the NFL's methods, research and conclusions were right - we can agree they clearly weren't - but maybe there's more to that story than was made public.
Wickersham? I mean, really? The guys works for ESPN. He's the kind of guy I am talking about in terms of profiting off of lies. You can't trust those people. They're not real journalists. They're opportunists.

The science put it to bed. Have you seen the Four Days In Fall documentary on Amazon? It's disturbing on many levels, but that's all anyone needs to see. The concept of disinformation is an old propaganda tactic, so it's not anything new, but the internet has made us dumber as a society and it's been a tool used by the media to try to make money, even if lying or ignoring facts that could harm their narrative. I mean, this is old news to me.

It's similar to how attorneys and/or the police will hide evidence to exonerate the suspect their focused in on, just to close a case. It's obviously immoral, but it's the oldest tactic in the book. You just have to be able to spot it.

All the Wells Report people had to do was show McNally going into the bathroom the week before vs Baltimore. It would have established a pattern. Stadium security footage like these save footage for 10 days on site, before it gets moved to an offsite storage site for liability purposes for Kraft to protect himself in case of lawsuits. They didn't do that. Kraft may have even offered it up to them, but it was never referenced in the report. It was the first thing I looked for when I read that piece of crap.

I believe there 56 total lies counted in the Wells Report. If someone is guilty of something you don't need to lie 56 times.

No offense, but WickerSHAM can publish whatever he wants. It'll still be a fairytale.

As for why BB said to "ask Tom", I always took at as his way of removing himself from the equation because if he stood up there and acted defensive or got involved in Tom's defense, it would just add more fuel. BB has already been railroaded by Goodell already. I think they knew that, so Kraft and BB decided to handle it that way.

Plus, these QBs are all anal about their stuff. WHy would BB know about Brady's specs on how he wants the ball? The NFL was so dumb, they actually submitted evidence that contradicted their premise. The October Jets game when Brady was ticked about the air the refs let out of it, quite possibly UNDER 11.5. That's how sloppy and arrogant the NFL is. Brady and Manning were the two that lobbied to get broken in balls on the road, too. These QBs are very anal about it. It's like a musician with their guitars and a guitar tech needing to know exactly what the musician wants, why and when. As Boomer Esiason said, they just wanted to embarrass Brady because they already smeared BB. If they smeared BB again for something, it would look way too obvious. Brady was just next in line.

Last edited:
And we got this ridiculous narrative that Bill somehow threw Brady under the bus.
Well, he did actually to save his own tail from Roger. He would have ended up suspended like Payton.

And we got this ridiculous narrative that Bill somehow threw Brady under the bus.
Well, right, that's 98.5 and Felger and Mazz, whose business model is an extension of ESPN. 98.5 came out in 2009. They saw all the money ESPN made off of the Spygate lies. Attacking BB is a moneymaker. They ran out of material, so they went after Brady, but even still 98.5 knows in Boston, attacking Brady wouldn't make them money as much as attacking BB.

It's like the Hernandez thing...Why on earth would BB give 12 million per year to a known cancerous player when his MO is he doesn't just hand out contracts easily? He would have quietly cut him if he'd known about that mess. You have to earn it for BB. So, BB ignored Hernandez's Tony Montana antics and had insight to his very serious personal issues? I mean, the media actually implied BB knew of Hernandez's actions. It's sickening and none of it makes sense. Ever.

Last edited:
Well, he did actually to save his own tail from Roger. He would have ended up suspended like Payton.
100%.

Nothing more, nothing less. Leave it Tony Mazz and those hyenas over at 98.5 to lie or try to profit off of disinformation. I could see what BB was doing a mile away. And, honestly, his Mona Lisa Vito speech was one of the proudest moments I've ever experienced as a Pats fan. That in itself was BB backing Brady by simply stating the facts. He didn't have to do that.

New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots
  • Date/Time: September 26, 1 p.m. ET
  • Stadium: Gillette Stadium
  • TV Coverage: Fox
  • Opening Odds: Patriots -3 | O/U 46.5 (Line History)
  • Saints vs Patriots Matchup Report

Opening Odds Analysis​

There has been no early line movement on the point spread in this matchup between these two 1-1 teams, and rightfully so. Both have looked very good in their wins, leaving oddsmakers to wonder which version of the teams will show up in Week 3. New Orleans was hit hard with a COVID-19 outbreak heading into Week 2, as eight assistant coaches missed the trip to Carolina along with a few players. The Saints should be better prepared for this game, but the 3.5-point drop in the total down to 43 is indicative of what the betting public thinks about the offenses, with each of them playing a bit conservative last week.

New Orleans News & Notes​

Jameis Winston is about as Jekyll-and-Hyde as any quarterback in the NFL, and last Sunday’s performance showed exactly why New Orleans fans and backers should not be overly excited about him.

Winston was certainly great in Week 1, throwing five touchdown passes, but he did not toss one in Week 2. Instead, he threw two interceptions against the Panthers and was also sacked four times for 31 yards.

On the ground, Winston was the leading rusher for the Saints with three carries for 19 yards and scored their lone touchdown on an eight-yard run. Running back Alvin Kamara was a major disappointment with only five rushing yards total on eight carries, though he was the lone player on New Orleans with more than two catches (four for 25 yards).

New England News & Notes​

New England has been able to bring rookie quarterback Mac Jones along slowly through the first two weeks, and fortunately running back Damien Harris helped him out big time last Sunday with 62 rushing yards on 16 carries.

Those numbers for Harris might not seem eye-popping, but his 26-yard touchdown run at the beginning of the third quarter stretched the lead six points from 13-3 and took pressure off Jones to make plays with his arm.

Jones ended up completing 22 of 30 passes for 186 yards, which was far better than rookie counterpart Zach Wilson, who was drafted 13 spots higher in the first round but threw four picks and completed 19 passes. Jones may be counted on more in this spot, especially since the Saints defense was just torched by former Jet Sam Darnold.

Staff Betting Pick: UNDER 43​

UNDER trends for both teams are overwhelming here, but the game-planning ability of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is the biggest deciding factor with this play. Kamara was a non-factor for New Orleans last week, and Belichick’s goal is always to take away the opposition’s top player. Winston will most likely play more like he did in Week 2 than Week 1, and that means points will definitely be at a premium.

New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots
  • Date/Time: September 26, 1 p.m. ET
  • Stadium: Gillette Stadium
  • TV Coverage: Fox
  • Opening Odds: Patriots -3 | O/U 46.5 (Line History)
  • Saints vs Patriots Matchup Report

New Orleans News & Notes​

Jameis Winston is about as Jekyll-and-Hyde as any quarterback in the NFL, and last Sunday’s performance showed exactly why New Orleans fans and backers should not be overly excited about him.

Winston was certainly great in Week 1, throwing five touchdown passes, but he did not toss one in Week 2. Instead, he threw two interceptions against the Panthers and was also sacked four times for 31 yards.

On the ground, Winston was the leading rusher for the Saints with three carries for 19 yards and scored their lone touchdown on an eight-yard run. Running back Alvin Kamara was a major disappointment with only five rushing yards total on eight carries, though he was the lone player on New Orleans with more than two catches (four for 25 yards).
I do believe the Pats D can make Winston see ghosts. I think it's all dependent on their ability to neutralize Kamara, however.

I see this game playing out fairly similar to the Dolphins game in terms of final scoring. Hard to imagine saying that about a Saints-Patriots match-up.

I do believe the Pats D can make Winston see ghosts. I think it's all dependent on their ability to neutralize Kamara, however.

I see this game playing out fairly similar to the Dolphins game in terms of final scoring. Hard to imagine saying that about a Saints-Patriots match-up.
Containing Kamara is key...agreed.

Wickersham? I mean, really? The guys works for ESPN. He's the kind of guy I am talking about in terms of profiting off of lies. You can't trust those people. They're not real journalists. They're opportunists.

The science put it to bed. Have you seen the Four Days In Fall documentary on Amazon? It's disturbing on many levels, but that's all anyone needs to see. The concept of disinformation is an old propaganda tactic, so it's not anything new, but the internet has made us dumber as a society and it's been a tool used by the media to try to make money, even if lying or ignoring facts that could harm their narrative. I mean, this is old news to me.

It's similar to how attorneys and/or the police will hide evidence to exonerate the suspect their focused in on, just to close a case. It's obviously immoral, but it's the oldest tactic in the book. You just have to be able to spot it.

All the Wells Report people had to do was show McNally going into the bathroom the week before vs Baltimore. It would have established a pattern. Stadium security footage like these save footage for 10 days on site, before it gets moved to an offsite storage site for liability purposes for Kraft to protect himself in case of lawsuits. They didn't do that. Kraft may have even offered it up to them, but it was never referenced in the report. It was the first thing I looked for when I read that piece of crap.

I believe there 56 total lies counted in the Wells Report. If someone is guilty of something you don't need to lie 56 times.

No offense, but WickerSHAM can publish whatever he wants. It'll still be a fairytale.

As for why BB said to "ask Tom", I always took at as his way of removing himself from the equation because if he stood up there and acted defensive or got involved in Tom's defense, it would just add more fuel. BB has already been railroaded by Goodell already. I think they knew that, so Kraft and BB decided to handle it that way.

Plus, these QBs are all anal about their stuff. WHy would BB know about Brady's specs on how he wants the ball? The NFL was so dumb, they actually submitted evidence that contradicted their premise. The October Jets game when Brady was ticked about the air the refs let out of it, quite possibly UNDER 11.5. That's how sloppy and arrogant the NFL is. Brady and Manning were the two that lobbied to get broken in balls on the road, too. These QBs are very anal about it. It's like a musician with their guitars and a guitar tech needing to know exactly what the musician wants, why and when. As Boomer Esiason said, they just wanted to embarrass Brady because they already smeared BB. If they smeared BB again for something, it would look way too obvious. Brady was just next in line.

Your first 6 paragraphs have nothing to do with what I said about BB's reaction to what he knew about the deflation accusation.

To the bolded part - All BB had to say is he had no knowledge of any ball deflation. He didn't say that. He said "ask Tom". That removed him the equation and put Tom squarely in the equation which I found totally uncharacteristic of Belichick.

Look, I'm in total agreement that deflategate was a sham so you're preaching to the choir with me. But BB's response has always troubled me and your explanation doesn't make it any less troubling. Tom's lack of denial & uneasy demeanor during his presser hurt his cause immensely.

NFL Week 3: New Orleans Saints at New England

Why bet on New Orleans versus New England?

The Saints head into week 3 off a terrible 7-26 loss to NFC South rival Carolina. But although the Panthers trounced the Saints, a question remains whether the loss was due to New Orleans’ play on the field or whether it was more a question of Winston not communicating with his offensive line and Sean Payton having a bad game plan. Either way, it’s difficult to see the Saints not bouncing back from such a bad loss.

New Orleans Saints Offensive Averages

• Total Yards: 225.0
  • Passing Yards: 115.5
  • Rushing Yards: 109.5
  • Points Scored: 22.5
  • Turnovers: 2

New Orleans Saints Defensive Averages

• Total Yards: 306.0
  • Passing Yards: 240.0
  • Rushing Yards: 66.0
  • Points Scored: 14.5
  • Takeaways: 4

Why bet on New England versus New Orleans?

After a couple of games, the Patriots allow a low 11.5 points per. The defense faces a struggling Saints offense that ranks thirty-second in total yards per game. Mac Jones won’t have to be great if the defense does it’s job. All Jones will have to do is run the offense and not make a mistake. In 2 games, the former Alabama quarterback has proven he can do that.

New England Patriots Offensive Averages

• Total Yards: 326.5
  • Passing Yards: 213.5
  • Rushing Yards: 113.0
  • Points Scored: 20.5
  • Turnovers: 2

New England Patriots Defensive Averages

• Total Yards: 297.5
  • Passing Yards: 184.5
  • Rushing Yards: 113.0
  • Points Scored: 11.5
  • Takeaways: 5

Saints at Patriots Relevant Trends

• Saints are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games in week 3
  • New Orleans is 22-8 ATS in their last 30 games as a road underdog
  • Under is 5-0 in the Saints last 5 games
  • Patriots are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games following an ATS win
  • New England is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games as a favorite
  • Under is 6-1 in the Patriots last 7 home games

New Orleans Saints versus New England Patriots Final Betting Prediction

This is a tough game to handicap. On one side, the Saints looked awful in the loss to the Panthers. On the other, the Patriots looked great in the victory over the New York Jets.

But one things stands out for both teams. New England’s offense isn’t much better than New Orleans’, which leads to the conclusion that if we believe Winston and Payton about New Orleans’ struggles against the Panthers, the Saints have the edge.

Man to man, New Orleans remains the more talented team. We must assume Payton and Winston are working hard this week to fix the issues.

Expect Payton to open the offense. Winston has a gun for an arm. The only way to win games is for New Orleans to be more aggressive because injuries have hit key defenders.

Mac Jones hasn’t shown he can win a shootout. So if we’re right and Payton unleashes Winston’s big arm, the Saints could win this on the moneyline in an over game. Saints straight up is the play.

NFL Week 3 Pick: Saints moneyline

Betting the under is a logical play.

Your first 6 paragraphs have nothing to do with what I said about BB's reaction to what he knew about the deflation accusation.

To the bolded part - All BB had to say is he had no knowledge of any ball deflation. He didn't say that. He said "ask Tom". That removed him the equation and put Tom squarely in the equation which I found totally uncharacteristic of Belichick.

Look, I'm in total agreement that deflategate was a sham so you're preaching to the choir with me. But BB's response has always troubled me and your explanation doesn't make it any less troubling. Tom's lack of denial & uneasy demeanor during his presser hurt his cause immensely.
I actually explained it and others had the exact same reaction. If BB publicly sided with Brady and voiced his displeasure, Goodell would have dropped the hammer even more like he did with Sean Payton.

It's not all that confusing other the local media planted a seed that Belichick "threw his QB under the bus", which is just bizarre to say considering BB is the main target of NFL owners and 345 Park Ave at all times.

I remember Sal Palantonio saying at that time that teams call in regularly to say "they have to be cheating" because of the fear of what it meant to sign Revis and BB drafting so well, alongside other key FA signings at the time. It should bring into question why Goodell even takes those kinds of calls because it's clearly unethical. Once Brady said "Harbaugh should check the rulebook", the framejob was on. No need for Belichick to bring attention to himself as well.

Last edited:
So, I've just returned from a few days in the deep Maine woods and waters and am taking my wife to her first game this Sunday to see the Saints. We'll be tailgating with some friends who used to live in New Orleans and are now both Saints and Pats fans and they've agreed to abide by my tradition of cooking the opponent's regional cuisine, which will be a breakfast of beignets, egg bake with andouille sausage and bananas foster french toast. It'll be a different sort of tailgate for sure, but I'm looking forward to my first game in Foxboro since we got blasted by Tennessee in the playoffs 21 months ago and seeing Mac Jones, the future, in person. 21 months...... It's hard to believe it's been that long.

Anyhow, I'm nervous about the Saints after watching them destroy Green Bay in week one. I'm not happy with the play of our new front 7 and don't like the thought of Alvin Kamara running to our flanks where we have not shown significant improvement thus far. Can somebody please set a hard edge and force somebody inside for a change? I also need to see the OL protect much better than they have because the Saints have a talented DL and Mac cannot get hit like he has. I'm praying Trent Brown starts and plays well.

To balance out the worry, I don't care how Jameis Winston looked against the Packers -- I don't believe he is a legitimate NFL starting QB and I look forward to his getting sloppy and careless the same way he's been in almost every game I've seen him since he was at Florida State. I don't often say this about opposing QBs -- but this guy flat-out sucks. A Pro-Bowler from the neck down. We'll pick him off at least once.

We'll win the game with another sloppy, conservative offensive performance and a couple of turnovers from Winston. It'll be similar to last week as Bill has decided to keep Jones on a short leash and let him percolate while protecting the ball at all costs. I can live with that for now, but it's just a matter of time before we kick the little birdie out of the nest and watch him fly.

Pats 26
Saints 21

100%.

Nothing more, nothing less. Leave it Tony Mazz and those hyenas over at 98.5 to lie or try to profit off of disinformation. I could see what BB was doing a mile away. And, honestly, his Mona Lisa Vito speech was one of the proudest moments I've ever experienced as a Pats fan. That in itself was BB backing Brady by simply stating the facts. He didn't have to do that.
Correct. The fact of the matter is that during the 20 year run Bill Belichick has been FAR more complimentary publicly of Tompa Boy than the latter has been of BB. Bill has never been publicly critical of any individual player or coach by name following a loss with one exception - himself.

The Balls of the 3rd Rech

Hitler had just one big ball
Goering had 2 but they were small
Himler had somethin simler
And Goebbels had no balls at all.

(sung to " Colonel Bogey March")

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8F8g1-4Uw

Absolutely love the movie the Bridge over the River Kwai .... I was a kid the first time I saw the reruns and it became a favorite .

~Dee~

Correct. The fact of the matter is that during the 20 year run Bill Belichick has been FAR more complimentary publicly of Tompa Boy than the latter has been of BB. Bill has never been publicly critical of any individual player or coach by name following a loss with one exception - himself.
Exactly. He's fallen on the sword every time, even if it wasn't him who had a bad game or whatever. He's always been fiercely protective of his players in the press, to the point some fans have an issue with it.

I mean, I am the same age as Brady and I cannot imagine behaving the he's behaved in the workplace around teammates. Obviously, we're not anywhere as successful as Brady in his career, but Belichick could easily do what Brady was and is doing.

The idea Brady started acting like a 17 year old is just bizarre. I am sorry.

So, I've just returned from a few days in the deep Maine woods and waters and am taking my wife to her first game this Sunday to see the Saints. We'll be tailgating with some friends who used to live in New Orleans and are now both Saints and Pats fans and they've agreed to abide by my tradition of cooking the opponent's regional cuisine, which will be a breakfast of beignets, egg bake with andouille sausage and bananas foster french toast. It'll be a different sort of tailgate for sure, but I'm looking forward to my first game in Foxboro since we got blasted by Tennessee in the playoffs 21 months ago and seeing Mac Jones, the future, in person. 21 months...... It's hard to believe it's been that long.

Anyhow, I'm nervous about the Saints after watching them destroy Green Bay in week one. I'm not happy with the play of our new front 7 and don't like the thought of Alvin Kamara running to our flanks where we have not shown significant improvement thus far. Can somebody please set a hard edge and force somebody inside for a change? I also need to see the OL protect much better than they have because the Saints have a talented DL and Mac cannot get hit like he has. I'm praying Trent Brown starts and plays well.

To balance out the worry, I don't care how Jameis Winston looked against the Packers -- I don't believe he is a legitimate NFL starting QB and I look forward to his getting sloppy and careless the same way he's been in almost every game I've seen him since he was at Florida State. I don't often say this about opposing QBs -- but this guy flat-out sucks. A Pro-Bowler from the neck down. We'll pick him off at least once.

We'll win the game with another sloppy, conservative offensive performance and a couple of turnovers from Winston. It'll be similar to last week as Bill has decided to keep Jones on a short leash and let him percolate while protecting the ball at all costs. I can live with that for now, but it's just a matter of time before we kick the little birdie out of the nest and watch him fly.

Pats 26
Saints 21
I'll bring the Bloodys. Sounds like a great spread.

Back