Gamete Thread - Saints @ Patriots - Sun. Sept. 26 1PM (FOX)

I think we're getting a little lucky with them so banged up and Michael Thomas out, but that's fine by me. We could use a little luck here in the early going.

Offense: I have this feeling we're going to see them open it up a little Tommy Diva coming to town next week, but not too much as I think they're saving some stuff for the Bucs (on both sides of the ball) for Week 4.

If Trent Brown is back, that should effectively settle the line down a bit and give Mac a tick more time to feel comfortable in the pocket. Davenport, Kwon Alexander are out and Lattimore just had hand surgery so I am not sure if he's even going to be available. I would keep doing what you're doing with the run/pass balance but take some shots downfield with and without playaction.

Defense:

All about Kamara, IMO. Attack him all day like would do with a Faulk or a Tomlinson. We're lucky Michael Thomas is out with Gilmore not being out.
:smilies-11117:
Just curious...are you the tylawspick6 from pft?

Sure. I think most fanbases do that. I just think we are in a unique situation with this Saints game not having much storylines given Brees retired and of course next week is the most anticipated regular season game in NFL history. It is only normal in this case to peek ahead. All of our media seem to have been doing it too.

This week’s game and next week’s game are worth the exact same weight on the schedule.

One game at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This week’s game and next week’s game are worth the exact same weight on the schedule.

One game at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I agree. I am looking forward to Sunday and our game plan vs Kalmara. I am hoping our TEs get some looks too.

Jon Jones is going to need to have a big day on Deonte Harris.

This will be interesting considering what I saw when they played Carolina

Damien Harris might be out. He has some kind of finger injury. Probably a dislocation., But they're saying Stevenson has looked good in practice and is raring to go so we should not lose out too much if Harris is out.

Damien Harris might be out. He has some kind of finger injury. Probably a dislocation., But they're saying Stevenson has looked good in practice and is raring to go so we should not lose out too much if Harris is out.
Ugh. Not sure if the rookie is ready for starter. I guess will find out. I assume Taylor will be active too so we should have enough.

Any news on Judon?

Cam Jordan throwing some shade at Bill. That's rich coming from a Saints player. LOL

View: https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1441234872824172545/photo/1

This younger generation has been so conditioned to believe "cheating" is something that is real. Everything seems to be "cheating". Don't people understand that this sport is like war? It's war/battle on a field. That's in no way meant to be taken literally, but that's how the game was born and if you can take advantage of an opponent in any way, you do it. There is no cheating. It's called being smarter than someone else.

MLB is to blame with the roids and the cover up, for Gen Y and Gen Z believing cheating is rampant, when it's just not true. If everyone does the same things, its not an advantage for just 1 team. It's so dumb and whiny. It's like they're scarred by it. The Astros? Absolutely cheating and there's evidence of it. With our framejobs, there is no evidence of anything that matches the claim.

The Saints are a weird bunch:

1. Think they are better than they are. That SB win was over a decade ago and they've only recently in the last 4 years, fielded a competent defense. Loomis wasted Brees's career as much as Ted Thompson did with the same problem in GB. They just never had defenses. Aaron and Drew got toys, but they got no rings because of it. BB made sure Brady got supported across the whole team to form complete teams, hence the extra rings here. They're all HOF QBs.
2. Love to play the victim role with regards to Bountygate, which was actually real, while Spygate, Deflategate and Documntarygate are lies/fabrications concocted by 345 Park Ave to try to weaken NE and stop the dynasty which is bad for business. Obviously. Goodell was caught in court on the 2nd one, and if Belichick went into court on Spygate, Goodell would be caught as a liar there, too. Meanwhile, there is audio evidence and confessions by the Saints with regards to paying under the table and attempting to injure or ruin people's livelihoods as the NFL sits on CTE and concussion lawsuits. It's pretty clear which is worse.
3. I've seen Saints fans hate on Goodell for good reason (the punishment was excessive), but then I see then turn around and believe Goodell on his framing the Pats to steal picks to weaken the Pats knowing BB loves his picks.

I wish someone in the media would follow up this kind of a comment from Jordan and that loser mentality with a follow up question with facts, instead of just believing Goodell tells the truth, when every adult out there with a clue and a brain (who is honest), knows he doesn't.

The reality is that's a loser's comment and NOs has lost a lot of starting talent off that D in recent years. Hendrickson went to Cinicy as a FA, Rankins went to the Jets, Davenport and Alexander are done for the year and Lattimore just had hand surgery and may not play. So, Jordan is a little scared coming in here, understandably so.

I don't think we need more disinformation in this world and that's just what FramegateI-III represent. Too bad the media won't do their jobs. You'd think Framegate II and Goodell exposed in a federal court again would blow a broadside hole through anything he's said, but nope. We just have people out there in this world that have zero critical thinking skills and just want to be served up the information they want to hear upfront.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have that much of an issue with his asinine comment if it weren't for the fact that he was on the roster for bountygate. You know, a scandal that makes any of the Patriot-gate scandals pale in comparison.
We don't really have "scandals". They're fabricated "scandals" made up and sold to the public, knowing 31 other teams want harm done to a dynasty. Cap cheating, using illegal communications like Cleveland, Balitmore and the Giants, and numerous other questionable tactics, much of it going completely unpunished by Goebbels at 345 Park Ave, are fare worse than Belichick flicking off Manboobs and the Jets in retaliation for Manboob's violation in Foxborough in January 2007 that went unpunished.

The media has made millions off these supposed "scandals", which is why Goodell lied and leaked info to ESPN and Chris Mortensen. They work hand in hand. Goodell and the cheating owners get what they want, as does ESPN, who has a 13 billion dollar contract with the NFL for MNF. Goodell tells ESPN to jump, someone like Mortensen says "how high?".

This younger generation has been so conditioned to believe "cheating" is something that is real. Everything seems to be "cheating". Don't people understand that this sport is like war? It's war/battle on a field. That's in no way meant to be taken literally, but that's how the game was born and if you can take advantage of an opponent in any way, you do it. There is no cheating. It's called being smarter than someone else.

MLB is to blame with the roids and the cover up, for Gen Y and Gen Z believing cheating is rampant, when it's just not true. If everyone does the same things, its not an advantage for just 1 team. It's so dumb and whiny. It's like they're scarred by it.

1. Think they are better than they are. That SB win was over a decade ago and they've only recently in the last 4 years, fielded a competent defense. Loomis wasted Brees's career as much as Ted Thompson did with the same problem in GB. They just never had defenses. Aaron and Drew got toys, but they got no rings because of it. BB made sure Brady got supported across the whole team to form complete teams, hence the extra rings here. They're all HOF QBs.
2. Love to play the victim role with regards to Bountygate, which was actually real, while Spygate, Deflategate and Documntarygate are lies/fabrications concocted by 345 Park Ave to try to weaken NE and stop the dynasty which is bad for business. Obviously. Goodell was caught in court on the 2nd one, and if Belichick went into court on Spygate, Goodell would be caught as a liar there, too. Meanwhile, there is audio evidence and confessions by the Saints with regards to paying under the table and attempting to injure or ruin people's livelihoods as the NFL sits on CTE and concussion lawsuits. It's pretty clear which is worse.
3. I've seen Saints fans hate on Goodell for good reason (the punishment was excessive), but then I see then turn around and believe Goodell on his framing the Pats to steal picks to weaken the Pats knowing BB loves his picks.

I wish someone in the media would follow up this kind of a comment from Jordan and that loser mentality with a follow up question with facts, instead of just believing Goodell tells the truth, when every adult out there with a clue and a brain (who is honest), knows he doesn't.

The reality is that's a loser's comment and NOs has lost a lot of starting talent off that D in recent years. Hendrickson went to Cinicy as a FA, Rankins went to the Jets, Davenport and Alexander are done for the year and Lattimore just had hand surgery and may not play. So, Jordan is a little scared coming in here, understandably so.

I don't think we need more disinformation in this world and that's just what FramegateI-III represent. Too bad the media won't do their jobs. You'd think Framegate II and Goodell exposed in a federal court again would blow a broadside hole through anything he's said, but nope. We just have people out there in this world that have zero critical thinking skills and just want to be served up the information they want to hear upfront.

We may find out a lot more about things like deflategate when Wickersham's book comes out in 3 weeks. I've always wondered if there was a reason BB told reporters to "ask Tom" when he was asked what he knew about it in his presser the day after the allegations hit. I thought that was odd and uncharacteristic of BB at the time. That doesn't mean the NFL's methods, research and conclusions were right - we can agree they clearly weren't - but maybe there's more to that story than was made public.

MLB is to blame with the roids and the cover up, for Gen Y and Gen Z believing cheating is rampant, when it's just not true. If everyone does the same things, its not an advantage for just 1 team. It's so dumb and whiny. It's like they're scarred by it. The Astros? Absolutely cheating and there's evidence of it. With our framejobs, there is no evidence of anything that matches the claim.

rock solid post in total but the bolded sections above deserve

a hearty faahkin' round of.........

iu

I don't mind the Saints I have to say, mainly for Sean Payton who was one coach who gave Bill and the Pats support during the fabricated scandals here.

View: https://twitter.com/SeanPayton/status/772433550570295300?s=20

“Well, if someone’s asking, then I don’t know if they’ve paid much attention to it all,” Payton said, referencing the one-year suspension he served in 2012 as part of "Bountygate."

"There aren’t a lot of people that can understand what Tom’s going through. I’m one of them.”

Payton then talked about the Saints' solid relationship with the Patriots, with whom his squad has held joint practices with four times in recent years.

When apprised of Payton's remarks and Twitter post during his Thursday morning news conference, Patriots coach Bill Belichick seemed to appreciate it.

“It means a lot. I have a good friendship with Sean. We go back quite a ways. We have a great working relationship, a great professional relationship and a good personal relationship," he said. "So I always appreciate his support. He’s had ours. We’ve had his. Can’t say that about everybody, but he certainly has been a good friend and a good supporter.”

Back