HBO's "Game of Thrones"

That little $hit Olly got off light. Jon Snow brings him in and teaches him to fight. In return he kills his girlfriend and then kills him. As much as I disliked Thorne, he was a great character and I actually got where he was coming from on why he killed Jon Snow.

The Tower of Joy fight scene was pretty good. It was interesting to see Bran witness what truly happened as opposed to the stories that he had heard. They will probably make us wait a couple episodes before they show Ned going into the tower.

I don't think I even want to know what Ramsay has planned for Rickon. I don't really see any reason why he keeps him alive...or intact but who knows. I suppose he could use him as a bargain chip to get into Castle Black.

One little funny thing that I missed the first time I watched it but caught the second time around. Listen carefully during the scene when the small council is meeting. When Maester Pycelle realizes that Frankenmountain is in the room after he had been talking $hit on him, he lets out a fart out of sheer surprise I guess. ROFL

'What are you going to do, Let that thing kill us all?"

I think the mountain's going to be unleashed shortly and we will see some epic carnage..

That little $hit Olly got off light. Jon Snow brings him in and teaches him to fight. In return he kills his girlfriend and then kills him. As much as I disliked Thorne, he was a great character and I actually got where he was coming from on why he killed Jon Snow.

The Tower of Joy fight scene was pretty good. It was interesting to see Bran witness what truly happened as opposed to the stories that he had heard. They will probably make us wait a couple episodes before they show Ned going into the tower.

I don't think I even want to know what Ramsay has planned for Rickon. I don't really see any reason why he keeps him alive...or intact but who knows. I suppose he could use him as a bargain chip to get into Castle Black.

One little funny thing that I missed the first time I watched it but caught the second time around. Listen carefully during the scene when the small council is meeting. When Maester Pycelle realizes that Frankenmountain is in the room after he had been talking $hit on him, he lets out a fart out of sheer surprise I guess. ROFL

Did he know she was his girlfriend or was she just another Wildling attacking Castle Black?

IIRC, she had her bow aimed at John at the time.

My recollection is that Olly thought he had saved John and only John knew what he had actually done.

Stark had always said that Arthur Dayne would have killed him had it not been for Howland Reed. I don't see the whole getting stabbed in the back thing as a dishonorable thing that would have shamed Ned. He did bring 6 people to fight 2 (7 vs 3 in the books) and at one time it was a 4 vs 1 fight. In a fight you don't wait for your enemy to kill your friend just so you can actually kill him face to face. Howland did what he needed to do and what he is sworn to do. Protect his Lord. If Dayne was about to kill Howland, Ned would have done the same. And if Ned was about to kill Rhaegar, Dayne would have done the same to Ned.
Rickon serves as a hostage for leverage over Jon. Give me back my wife and my Reek and I'll give you the last remaining male heir to house Stark. Jon should be receiving a pink letter anytime now. Jon will obviously tell him to go pound sand so I wonder if the burning flayed men crosses at the Snowbowl from the season six trailers are Rickon, Osha and someone else loyal to the Starks.
Pycelle will probably shit himself completely when he gets killed off this season. He will be dead soon I believe. Same with Kevan.
Danny's plot line definitely feels like a stalling tactic.
Frak Olly!

I felt like the ToJ scene was a bait and switch and it pissed me off a bit.
Did you really think they'd give away what is possibly their biggest plot line reveal (the ground works for which was set up in book one 20 years ago) in episode 3? I wouldn't be surprised if the payoff to that scene didn't come until episode 10.

Hi guys!

Huge Pats fan here, from Boston. Also obsessed with GoTs and TWD. Read books and comics and love both shows.

Im hoping but not optimisticthat they wrap up Dany and doth but it looks like she wont be really saved by Drogon until 606 "Blood of My Blood". Shame because it looks like Dany and iron islands story will connect at some point. Probably late in the season. Should have wrapped it up earlier because any scenes between Dany, Tyrion, Euron, Yara etc will be amazing.

Love the acting in Kings Landing. Easily the best imo. Looks like Cersi and Tommen are going to collide and it'll def ser off the events there. Not totally convinced of HypeBowl. At least not this year.

Seems obvious Battle of Bastards is happening. But the fight scene will be amazing and the best ever. Actual battle, man to man etc. Hired military personnel.

Flashbacks has been my fav so far. The show is a lot more straight forward than the books. But I thought they did subtle great here. Lyanna and Arya both confident and showing they can hang with boys. Ned telling Benjen the same thing Jon tells Olly. Even Reed saving Ned, similar to how a kingsguard man came to Jamies aid.

I thought 3ER face tells you something after Ned hearing Bran.

Theres a flashback of Jamie killing Aerys and I think we'll find out about the whispers Aerys was hearing.

Im thinking we get the rest of the TOJ, Kingslayer and a few more before the walkers attack the cave. Probably in the finale, "The Great War"?

Hey guys. Idk y but I feel that Umber is trying to get Ramsay off his guard. Or the fact he doesn't respect his ass was enough for me to see him in another light

Hey guys. Idk y but I feel that Umber is trying to get Ramsay off his guard. Or the fact he doesn't respect his ass was enough for me to see him in another light

Yeah, Ramsay did come off looking a bit like a bitch there. He seemed pretty shocked when Umber basically told him to piss off.

The Umbers aren't exactly soft spoken. They don't really give 2 shits. Remeber GreatJon?
https://youtu.be/snYE3_GGVcU?t=8s.
I'd like to think that the whole thing is a set up or part of the "Northern Conspiracy". I doubt it though. If that really is Shaggydog I'm afraid Rickon is in for a really tough time. Bad things happen when you separate a Stark child from their direwolf.

The Umbers aren't exactly soft spoken. They don't really give 2 shits. Remeber GreatJon?
https://youtu.be/snYE3_GGVcU?t=8s.
I'd like to think that the whole thing is a set up or part of the "Northern Conspiracy". I doubt it though. If that really is Shaggydog I'm afraid Rickon is in for a really tough time. Bad things happen when you separate a Stark child from their direwolf.

'Game of Thrones' fan drops the mic on that Rickon storyline with this epic theory

http://mashable.com/2016/05/12/game-of-thrones-rickon-umber-theory/#qawTDQfYfOqR

Hi guys!

Huge Pats fan here, from Boston. Also obsessed with GoTs and TWD. Read books and comics and love both shows.

Hell, you should fit right in here. Whole passel of nerds hereabouts (including myself).

:wave:

'Game of Thrones' fan drops the mic on that Rickon storyline with this epic theory

http://mashable.com/2016/05/12/game-of-thrones-rickon-umber-theory/#qawTDQfYfOqR
The thing is who is SJU conspiring with here? Certainly not Jon or anyone at the Wall. Are they going to spring their trap at the battle? They better make sure the other side knows for damn sure that you're actually with them or you have a free for all mess. They could be conspiring with the Manderlys I suppose and get the Boltons and the Karstarks out in the open and take care of all family business in one day. Thing is that would make the Snowbowl (something that the fanbase has whipped themselves up into a frenzy for years now) quite anticlimactic. Between the Umbers, Manderlys, Mormonts, Wildlings and Wun Wun, what chance would Ramseys forces have?
Do none of the Boltons and the Karstarks know the difference between a direwolf and a regular wolf? I mean these are supposed to be Northeners, you'd think they would know the difference since they've been in the presence of one before.

The thing is who is SJU conspiring with here? Certainly not Jon or anyone at the Wall. Are they going to spring their trap at the battle? They better make sure the other side knows for damn sure that you're actually with them or you have a free for all mess. They could be conspiring with the Manderlys I suppose and get the Boltons and the Karstarks out in the open and take care of all family business in one day. Thing is that would make the Snowbowl (something that the fanbase has whipped themselves up into a frenzy for years now) quite anticlimactic. Between the Umbers, Manderlys, Mormonts, Wildlings and Wun Wun, what chance would Ramseys forces have?
Do none of the Boltons and the Karstarks know the difference between a direwolf and a regular wolf? I mean these are supposed to be Northeners, you'd think they would know the difference since they've been in the presence of one before.

I agree. Seemed somewhat obvious when Lord Bolton pointed out to his father that all they need is the Manderlys, Karstarks and Umbers. Setting the sides.

Also handing over Rickon and Osha isn't hiding in plain sight. Its just dumb. Lord Bolton has just lost his father (poisoned by enemies) and mother, brother in the same day. Lord Bolton could snap and kill Rickon at any time he wants.

A man thinks he'll keep him alive for now.

I agree. Seemed somewhat obvious when Lord Bolton pointed out to his father that all they need is the Manderlys, Karstarks and Umbers. Setting the sides.

Also handing over Rickon and Osha isn't hiding in plain sight. Its just dumb. Lord Bolton has just lost his father (poisoned by enemies) and mother, brother in the same day. Lord Bolton could snap and kill Rickon at any time he wants.

A man thinks he'll keep him alive for now.
Ramsay needs Rickon as a bargaining chip to getting Sansa Back. Otherwise Rickon is as good as dead. Sansa being in Winterfell legitimizes Ramsays claim to Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell titles. But that's only if there are no other legitimate male Starks. So Ramsays game has to be to draw out Jon and the rest of the Stark loyalists and kill Rickon and Jon while retrieving Sansa all in one fell swoop.
No one in their right mind believes the whole poisoned by our Enemies bullshit. The exchange with SJU confirms that everyone knows what really happened.

The Doo makes some compelling arguments.

Reading that made me feel like I just skim the surface of this show missing a lot of the subtlety while being seduced by the action and bright, twinkly lights.

Most convincing to me was the "rule of three" theory whereby you just know that Reese the Torturer is going to get his eventually and that ignoring the exact advice provided by the Father that he slaughtered is going to wrap it all up in a nice, tidy package. The second he allowed his animals to devour his baby step-brother meant that his wick is growing very short. EVERYBODY wants him to get whacked and hopefully in a spectacularly fitting fashion. For instance, being eaten alive by a Direwolf. There is a little irony for you.

The Stark kids have all been beaten down for too long and it seems as though this season the worm is definitely turning. I think all of them (minus Rob, of course, unless the Red Woman is really, really good at bringing back dead people) will play an important role in the looming battle for the North and, by extention, Westeros.

Ramsay needs Rickon as a bargaining chip to getting Sansa Back. Otherwise Rickon is as good as dead. Sansa being in Winterfell legitimizes Ramsays claim to Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell titles. But that's only if there are no other legitimate male Starks. So Ramsays game has to be to draw out Jon and the rest of the Stark loyalists and kill Rickon and Jon while retrieving Sansa all in one fell swoop.
No one in their right mind believes the whole poisoned by our Enemies bullshit. The exchange with SJU confirms that everyone knows what really happened.

I was messing around. Plus consider that many heard Walda and son eatin alive.

Heres hoping Dany and the doth get wrapped up this week and Drogon enters and tears stuff up. Really dont want to wait until Blood of my Blood

Great episode. The scene with Tormund doing the sexy face to Brienne was hilarious. Danny got her army and soon Asha/Yara will sail to Essos. "Pink letter" sets up the Snowbowl. Next episode or 2 Sansa and Davos will be going on recruitment trips. I wonder if Sansa refuses help from LF and the Vale. From the season 6 trailers we know that Brienne and TriPod end up at Riverrun. Also that the Lannister army sets siege to Riverrun and Jammie is there in Lannister armor.

Great episode. The scene with Tormund doing the sexy face to Brienne was hilarious. Danny got her army and soon Asha/Yara will sail to Essos. "Pink letter" sets up the Snowbowl. Next episode or 2 Sansa and Davos will be going on recruitment trips. I wonder if Sansa refuses help from LF and the Vale. From the season 6 trailers we know that Brienne and TriPod end up at Riverrun. Also that the Lannister army sets siege to Riverrun and Jammie is there in Lannister armor.

Seeing as it would be 5,000 Boltons vs. 2,000 Wildlings, I don't see how Sansa can say no to Littlefinger.

Just when I thought I had had it with Danny she goes and does something like that...and totally gets naked again. ROFL BTW, she confirmed that it was her and not a body double. So much for that no nudity clause.

I have a bad feeling that Tyrion is about to get played by the slavers. Sure he looks brilliant right now but Greyworm knows these guys better than anyone. At what point does Jorah just have somebody lop that arm off? I mean hell, it's his left arm so that still leaves him with his good arm.

Back