HC candidates Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia

I've been ranting against Lovie Smith for years. Worthless (but sincere ;). He makes Marvin Lewis look like Hank Stram for God's sake.

I'm not big on him either, but they chose to hire him and I thought he did a good enough job to stick around. I mean, what expectations did they have when they hired him that he didn't meet? That team was going to suck the last two years either way.

Players are mad about coaching turnover. Can't blame them.

I've been ranting against Lovie Smith for years. Worthless (but sincere ;). He makes Marvin Lewis look like Hank Stram for God's sake.
This. My god.
Though, he still doesn't top Fisher in the "incredibly mediocre HC who is a HC forever for god knows what reason" category.

Local talk radio was blaming the Bengals playoff struggles all on Dalton, and said none went to the coaching staff. NONE??? THey have made the playoffs 7 years under Lewis with 2 different QB and NO WINS but yeah, it's Dalton. :rolleyes:

ProFootballTalk ‏<s>@</s>ProFootballTalk <small class="time"> 30m30 minutes ago </small> Josh McDaniels is interested in the Titans job http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Xsj

Why?

LOL it's a BSPN article citing anonymous "sources" that not even any of their writers felt comfortable attaching their name to, instead publishing it under "ESPN News Services". Forgive me if I don't put any stock in it.

Not that it's impossible for it to be true. Just that I won't believe a word of it until I hear it from an actual news agency, with quotes from someone who is willing to attach their actual name to what they're saying.

If Joshie is intersted in the Titans job,he needs to go through the concussion protocol.

I personally am not concerned at all about Josh leaving. Matt on the other hand seems like a genuine BB guy (hopefully laughing at everyone who says he is a rocket scientist)

I doubt Josh leaves at all.

Rap: "Despite plenty of interest, #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will not interview for head coaching jobs this weekend. Focused on the game"

McDaniels has only been relevant when he has had the GOAT QB. He proved he was a terrible HC although in fairness it was his first time around. The TN job would be a death knell for him. If the Giants were somehow interested that might be worth looking at but I think he knows having the GOAT QB is good for him and his family with a chance at second ring.

McDaniels has only been relevant when he has had the GOAT QB. He proved he was a terrible HC although in fairness it was his first time around. The TN job would be a death knell for him. If the Giants were somehow interested that might be worth looking at but I think he knows having the GOAT QB is good for him and his family with a chance at second ring.

So was BB... :coffee:

No, he wasn't. Got the Browns to the playoffs, then the owner the next year decided to move the team.

Ask the "guru's" and the Cleveland fans that... :coffee:

My point is, they've both been given too short of a leash from their past owners.

You cannot say the same thing for Marvin Lewis, Andy Reid, or Jeff Fisher though.

So was BB... :coffee:

Bill had way more success in Cleveland than Josh did in Denver. Bill helped built that team and teach Ozzie in the process helping them get that ring in 2000. That being said, I am not saying Josh does not deserve another chance at HC but I would not hire him. He has done nothing without Brady. Bill had a ton of success with the Giants prior to his HC jobs.

Bill had way more success in Cleveland than Josh did in Denver. Bill helped built that team and teach Ozzie in the process helping them get that ring in 2000. That being said, I am not saying Josh does not deserve another chance at HC but I would not hire him. He has done nothing without Brady. Bill had a ton of success with the Giants prior to his HC jobs.

Read the post above you...

What are you going to do when BB retires and the Pats get McD as their next head coach?

Read the post above you...

What are you going to do when BB retires and the Pats get McD as their next head coach?

Is Brady still the QB?

Most likely, no.

Then not much. I really hope I am wrong and somehow, Bill or whoever the GM is finds the gold at the end of the rainbow twice but odds are slim. I could be ok with Josh depending on who the GM is as that really is the most critical question. That is why I think he should go to the Giants if he can. Reese is a solid GM and would keep Josh from hanging himself.

Then not much. I really hope I am wrong and somehow, Bill or whoever the GM is finds the gold at the end of the rainbow twice but odds are slim. I could be ok with Josh depending on who the GM is as that really is the most critical question. That is why I think he should go to the Giants if he can. Reese is a solid GM and would keep Josh from hanging himself.

Reese hasn't been all that great the last few years...

Back