How do you east coasters do it?

yackittysacks

Reaction score
I just read a story where coach Roy Williams was all upset about his Tar Heels having to start a game at 9:40 last night. It brought up a question that always seems to come up, (in my mind anyway) how do the East Coaster do it? Example: Monday Night Football. For me, the game starts at 7:00 PM. Over roughly 10:00 PM. With the time change, you guys start at 9 and end at midnight. Right? Now the normal start time for work here is around 8am or so. So an end of game at 10:00 or so is no big deal. Do East Coasters lose a couple hours of sleep cause work also starts at 8 or so, or does the avg. worker start the day later? Like 9:00 or later?

I grew up in CA where MNF went from 6-9 pm. Been many years since I moved east and I'm still not used to the late starts.

It's not easy at all, especially for someone like me that's early to bed and early to rise.

Many of the playoff games in the various sports, MLB, NHL, NBA, are almost unwatchable for me because I have trouble staying up so late. Home night games at Gillette leave me wiped out for the next few days. The typical night game will end arounbd 11:30PM. By the time I get home and unpack from tailgating, I'm lucky to get to bed by 1AM.

It sucks.....

Yes, attending night games at Foxboro is killer the next day. I usually don't get home till 2 AM.
A painful anecdote. Had tix for a Sunday night game. Planned to blow off work Monday but at the last minute, a business situation came up where a senior executive from out of town was coming in over the weekend and wanted to meet with me. On Monday. At 9 AM. Shyte, there goes my plan. I rolled in from Foxboro at 2 and got up at 6:30, dragged my ass to the office. 9 AM comes and this guy isn't there, 9:30 I get a call that he's not going to make the meeting. Because he went to the Pats game and he was totally beat.

How do we do it?

We are tough! There is plenty of time to sleep when we are dead. Suffering through a Monday, Tuesday or Friday after a game is a small price to pay.

Or, we just go to bed and miss the end!

I used to like an evening of football. Now, on the Left Coast, gotta get home from work in time for 5:30-ish kick-off, and by 9PM it's all "That's it?" And don't even get me started on Sunday Night Football... "But... It's still early... Games' over... But... What about the ****ing Sunday Night Party?!? Or was that all just a bunch of bullshit? Huh huh? WHAT THE ****, NFL!!!!! YOU MOTHER****ING ****S **** YOU!"

So yeah, give me an 8:30 start any time.

Sports are more important than everything else here.

Also, we're tough as shit.

As I have gotten older, I have been able to do it less and less. I stayed up for about half of those games last season, the other half I went to bed at the half. It doesn’t make me happy, and I'll still watch the whole recorded game, but it's brutal for me to stay up when I wake up at 5am.

Some people seem fine on 5 - 6 hours of sleep regularly, but not me.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Yes I get very little sleep. Sometimes get home at 2:00 am . Depending on traffic when there night game . The worst are the 10 pm start time for playoff baseball games . When there playing on the west coast.

I just read a story where coach Roy Williams was all upset about his Tar Heels having to start a game at 9:40 last night. It brought up a question that always seems to come up, (in my mind anyway) how do the East Coaster do it? Example: Monday Night Football. For me, the game starts at 7:00 PM. Over roughly 10:00 PM. With the time change, you guys start at 9 and end at midnight. Right? Now the normal start time for work here is around 8am or so. So an end of game at 10:00 or so is no big deal. Do East Coasters lose a couple hours of sleep cause work also starts at 8 or so, or does the avg. worker start the day later? Like 9:00 or later?

East Coasters piss lightning and crap thunder.

It's that simple, really. We laugh at pain.

We call it Patriots Hangover where I work. It happens the morning after a Thursday night or Sunday night game, where about half the workforce are walking zombies until after the second cup of coffee.

But they're almost always zombies with smiles - that's what happens when you have a QB with a .750 lifetime winning percentage.

I live in Mountain Standard Time also...we have to live in between everything. I have to base everything off of EST...on the weekdays. Nobody cries for me.

It is what it is...bitch.

I know last year home opener . I left in the beginning of the 4th quarter. I was dead tired. The person I was with was drunk. I had to be up by 6:00 am.

I just had supper about an hour ago. Now I gotta get ready for bed and get up at 3 a.m. .

Yes, attending night games at Foxboro is killer the next day. I usually don't get home till 2 AM.
A painful anecdote. Had tix for a Sunday night game. Planned to blow off work Monday but at the last minute, a business situation came up where a senior executive from out of town was coming in over the weekend and wanted to meet with me. On Monday. At 9 AM. Shyte, there goes my plan. I rolled in from Foxboro at 2 and got up at 6:30, dragged my ass to the office. 9 AM comes and this guy isn't there, 9:30 I get a call that he's not going to make the meeting. Because he went to the Pats game and he was totally beat.

That's really funny lol. Hope the eventual meeting went well

I don't watch the whole game. That's how I do it.

SNF and MNF are ridiculous with their start times. So is MLB with their LCS and WS start times. Cut your start times back by an hour and you'll double your audience. It's like they schedule this stuff for young guys in bars.

I am not sure, but I think there are several jurisdictions where you can shoot off a man's pinky toe for that.

ROFL my boss told him what happened about a month later and he sorta kinda said he was sorry about that. What a lightweight....

Back