If the season ended today, the Patriots would come to Kansas City.

GoChiefs

Reaction score
For a wild-card playoff game.

Wouldn't that be fun?

I'm sure Belichick would just absolutely destroy Matt Cassel.

KC would win

For a wild-card playoff game.

Wouldn't that be fun?

I'm sure Belichick would just absolutely destroy Matt Cassel.

I'm not sure that would be the case and I have a tremendous respect for Matt Cassel. It isn't often that a guy like him comes literally out of nowhere, gives no indication he can be an NFL QB in several years with a team and then comes in to replace an injured legend and grows into the job quickly and does very well. Nobody in New England wanted to lose him, but he simply was too good to sit on the bench here.

I assume you know this, but Cassel's father passed away late in '08 and Matt started that week and had a tremendous, inspiring game. I was already impressed with him, but that game made me believe that he not only had ability and smarts, but the kind of balls that you need to be a top QB in this league. Not many have all 3 of those components. It's great to see him and the Chiefs have some success this year for a change.

No matter what happens to him in KC or elsewhere, that is a kid that I want to see hit it big. If the Pats don't end up contending for a title this year and the Chiefs do, then I would have no problem pulling for them, but there is a long way to go.

The New England Patriots vs. The Kansas City Midwest Patriots would certainly be an interesting match up.

I'd love to see the Chiefs get in the playoffs. I'd love even more to see them play Indy outdoors in a winter playoff game.

I'm not sure that would be the case and I have a tremendous respect for Matt Cassel. It isn't often that a guy like him comes literally out of nowhere, gives no indication he can be an NFL QB in several years with a team and then comes in to replace an injured legend and grows into the job quickly and does very well. Nobody in New England wanted to lose him, but he simply was too good to sit on the bench here.

I assume you know this, but Cassel's father passed away late in '08 and Matt started that week and had a tremendous, inspiring game. I was already impressed with him, but that game made me believe that he not only had ability and smarts, but the kind of balls that you need to be a top QB in this league. Not many have all 3 of those components. It's great to see him and the Chiefs have some success this year for a change.

No matter what happens to him in KC or elsewhere, that is a kid that I want to see hit it big. If the Pats don't end up contending for a title this year and the Chiefs do, then I would have no problem pulling for them, but there is a long way to go.
This.

I'd love to see the Chiefs get in the playoffs. I'd love even more to see them play Indy outdoors in a winter playoff game.

The Colts would miss the playoffs if the season ended today.

Double this.

Matty will always have a special place in my cold, dead heart. I love him on account of his not being a diva with tiny dogs, man purses and expensive planters.wuv
:coffee:

That too ;)

I actually got to talk to him once for about 45 minutes. What a nice, nice young man he is. I'm very happy that he is having some kind of success. The Chiefs as a whole too.:shrug: What's not like about them? Matty, Vrabes, Romeo, Charlie, fantastic fans. I have no problem rooting for them unless they meet us, then I hate them.

Well said Hawg.

KC's 2-headed rushing attack could give us fits as well.

If I were a top-flight free agent WR then KC is one destination I'd really have an eye out for. The only missing ingredient for a very imposing Offense.

Now they really just need to figure out the Defense a little better and you have a formidable squad. A ravenous home base. Hungry.

They are definitely a team to be on the watch for.

Double this.

Matty will always have a special place in my cold, dead heart. I love him.wuv

ROFL Been rooting for the chiffs every since he went there. I really like their team and coaching staff..if ONLY they can pull this off.

Ditto this, again.

Although Cassel's time in KC has been spent dodging dlinemen mostly his skill set shines brightly enough to know he will be an able leader on the field. Given passpro, Cassel is one I am pulling for ever since he saved our lost season. Most of us here at the Planet think of KC as PatriotsWest and will root for KC in any game other than vs the Patriots. Good for KC.

I wouldn't have been too unhappy seeing some of their coaching staff back in New England

Ya know this raises a good point of discussion. Does this EVER happen in the NFL? Not that I wouldn't love it but I knew it isn't happening. I am curious though if it ever has?

Despite the folly in Cleveland this week, do you all feel as I do that Matt Patricia is lining himself up for that promotion to DC?

Ya know this raises a good point of discussion. Does this EVER happen in the NFL? Not that I wouldn't love it but I knew it isn't happening. I am curious though if it ever has?

Despite the folly in Cleveland this week, do you all feel as I do that Matt Patricia is lining himself up for that promotion to DC?

After this weekend's poor defensive performance, I hope not.

I think this would have already happened, but BB probably wanted to avoid the shitstorm likely to ensue with regard to Pepper. The media semmed split as to who would be named DC. Pepper has more tenure on staff. Not sure how it would go over. I think BB named nobody in an attempt to alleviate any risk of losing whoever wasn't named.

The performance sucked to be sure. But up to that point they hadn't allowed a 100 yd rusher.:shrug:

And I don't know how much I can put on Patricia. From what I read we had 8 in the box all day and they still ran roughshod over us. That screams execution to me.

And I don't know how much I can put on Patricia. From what I read we had 8 in the box all day and they still ran roughshod over us. That screams execution to me.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that the Browns actually came out with a good game plan for their run game, where they took Mayo out and made Spikes over pursue. Sometimes you do get outplayed, I guess.

This was a blip on the radar. The young defense has been steadily improving and Patricia likely has a lot to do with it. I could be way off base but I just notice the interactions during games and he seems to be THE guy.

Young developing teams are bound to have growing pains. I look at the performances of a McCourty and other youngsters (even Mayo) and am pleased overall.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that the Browns actually came out with a good game plan for their run game, where they took Mayo out and made Spikes over pursue. Sometimes you do get outplayed, I guess.

Correct. Mayo just posted an article saying as much in the poop thread.

This was a blip on the radar. The young defense has been steadily improving and Patricia likely has a lot to do with it. I could be way off base but I just notice the interactions during games and he seems to be THE guy.
Young developing teams are bound to have growing pains. I look at the performances of a McCourty and other youngsters (even Mayo) and am pleased overall.

He is.

They just haven't announced it.

Back