If you could ask Belichick a question

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
DS posted this in another thread:

If ever presented an opportunity to ask BB a question I'm not sure exactly what I'd pose, but one that would be near the tip of my tongue would be "what exactly was it about Connor Barwin you didn't like?" He seemed a perfect need/fit.

Thought I'd start a thread to see what questions folks would have for BB, if given a chance. I'll throw in that BB would be under a truth serum so he couldn't just blow it off as if you were a reporter.

Which current head coach do you respect the most and respect the least?

What are your scouting guidelines for the various positions and how have they changed in the last 10 years?

That should keep him busy for about 90 minutes.

What's Bon Jovi really like?

Or, more seriously, what was the happiest moment of your career? (thinking the answer would be getting gatorade'd with his dad by his side).

I'd ask him to talk about the QB position here and how he sees it playing out.

Whether he thinks Jacoby could really handle the backup duties now if it came down to it and what he's been offered for Jimmy so far. I'd ask him which one had a better command of the offense after their rookie season and which one he thinks has a higher ceiling.

Nothing different there, but I think it's the most interesting and important personnel decision he's had to make since he benched Bledsoe and I wonder if he's really sure what he wants to do given the fact that Brady appears to be an immortal High Elf at the moment.

I could probably list a dozen more, but that's the big one right now.

Give me 5 players you never coached who you would have to loved to coach, from NFL history prior to your career starting and 5 from over your actual career.

How do you attack Linda's A gap?

I'd ask him what coach he would most liked to have worked with.

Suspect they the answer would probably be Paul Brown though.

I'd ask him what coach he would most liked to have worked with.

Suspect they the answer would probably be Paul Brown though.

Brown was a craphead.

But hey, maybe that's at least partly my appreciation of Bill Walsh clouding my thinking...

Brown was a craphead.

But hey, maybe that's at least partly my appreciation of Bill Walsh clouding my thinking...

Pretty sure Bill will never view PB as anything but the anti-craphead. Bill's respect for him is immense and I suspect that Ryan is likely correct.

Different strokes.

Cheers

I was sitting around a campfire last night drinking some beers with friends who are all huge Pats fans and I thought of this thread and asked them for their questions for Bill.

The best one was:

Did you ever wake up in the middle of the night after dreaming of a football situation that you had no answer for? and did you have to stay awake and solve it before going back to bed?

I'd love to hear him answer that one.

Pretty sure Bill will never view PB as anything but the anti-craphead. Bill's respect for him is immense and I suspect that Ryan is likely correct.

Different strokes.

Cheers

Yeah.

It's tough, because I have a tremendous amount of respect for both Belichick and Walsh.

I won't deny that Brown was a great coach and an innovator.

Back