Interesting Article on RGIII

Done. Double or nothing on less than 65% and more INT than last season if you want it. :shrug_n:

I'll do 65% and less INT than last year.

If it's one or the other (less than 65% but more INT's than last year) it's a push.

Deal?

Done. Double or nothing on less than 65% and more INT than last season if you want it. :shrug_n:

You really think Luck is going to throw more picks than last season?

That's as crazy as your, Landry Jones will be better than Luck, prediction you made last year.

This the reason why you are one of my favorite posters. You are very smart, always make good posts, & I mean that, but you are also the Howard Stern of the board.

I may be missing something (seriously, no one would be surprised, right?), but how can you make a 100K bet with 14K in the till? :shrug:

Or is Jaric extending credit?? ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

I may be missing something (seriously, no one would be surprised, right?), but how can you make a 100K bet with 14K in the till? :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Not for Tommy. I know better.

Are you really still trying to sell me on this "Luck is garbage" notion?

Never once said he was garbage. Never one time. He's just not the second coming of Johnny Unitas. As I've always said, he'll top out around where Donnie McNabb did, and that's still pretty good.

And you know that's all I've ever said about it.

I'll do 65% and less INT than last year.

If it's one or the other (less than 65% but more INT's than last year) it's a push.

Deal?

Deal.

You really think Luck is going to throw more picks than last season?

Teams have a whole year of tape on him a) and b) Bruce Arians isn't there anymore to hold his hand. Colts will still be good, but their o-line is still mehtastic, and the illusions of a running game are just that. He's going to have to take a lot of chances, and he'll throw more picks as a result.

That's as crazy as your, Landry Jones will be better than Luck, prediction you made last year.

Once again, I said he could be. And now that he's almost guaranteed to be the Steelers starter around Week 8 (since Roethlisberger will inevitably have a strained left labia by then, or as he'd call it, 'Broke all 50 bones in my leg'), I think we'll get a chance to see this year. Maybe not.

This the reason why you are one of my favorite posters. You are very smart, always make good posts, & I mean that, but you are also the Howard Stern of the board.

Umm...k... ???

Cheers, BostonTim

You missed that it's June 3, and I won't have to pay off until January at the earliest?

Not for Tommy. I know better.

Better know, you do. :coffee:

Never once said he was garbage. Never one time. He's just not the second coming of Johnny Unitas. As I've always said, he'll top out around where Donnie McNabb did, and that's still pretty good.

And you know that's all I've ever said about it.

Well, if you're not trying to sell him as garbage, you're sure as hell trying to sell him short.

:thumb:

Teams have a whole year of tape on him a) and b) Bruce Arians isn't there anymore to hold his hand. Colts will still be good, but their o-line is still mehtastic, and the illusions of a running game are just that. He's going to have to take a lot of chances, and he'll throw more picks as a result.

Bruce Arians runs a very throw 'em to the wolves offense, with tons of deep passes, no checkdown options, and that, coupled with a terrible offensive line...well...

Pep Hamilton, on the other hand, runs a much more QB-friendly offense.

You can debate what you think is better, but you cannot debate that Arians actually did NOT "hold Luck's hand" but it's quite likely that Hamilton will do so if needed.

And while the offensive line isn't going to provide Luck with 20 seconds to pass everytime he drops back like Brady has, it should be rather improved. Again, it'll also be an offense where there will actually be shorter passes and actually be using the two-TE's.

Once again, I said he could be. And now that he's almost guaranteed to be the Steelers starter around Week 8 (since Roethlisberger will inevitably have a strained left labia by then, or as he'd call it, 'Broke all 50 bones in my leg'), I think we'll get a chance to see this year. Maybe not.

Seems like a back-peddle.

Umm...k... ???

He means that you're saying the same stuff as Skip Bayless about Andrew Luck.

Wait, skip Bayless hates Andrew Luck too?

Call Canton. Commission the bust.

Wait, skip Bayless hates Andrew Luck too?

Call Canton. Commission the bust.

You must not watch/listen to First Take. Which makes you much, much smarter than me.

For some reason, I get a huge kick out of listening to Steven A. Smith freak out the crazy that Skip Bayless says.

Anyway, from pre-draft here's Todd McShay absolutely dismantling Bayless and showing how much Bayless talks out of his ass...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P5rNLGHVLeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You must not watch/listen to First Take. Which makes you much, much smarter than me.

For some reason, I get a huge kick out of listening to Steven A. Smith freak out the crazy that Skip Bayless says.

Anyway, from pre-draft here's Todd McShay absolutely dismantling Bayless and showing how much Bayless talks out of his ass...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P5rNLGHVLeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's precisely how you should treat Skip Bayless.

slap.gif

Donovan McNabb told the Washington Post he thinks Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has "too much" going on in his life as he continues his recovery from knee surgery.

McNabb, who said he attempted to reach out to Griffin last season, told the Post that Griffin's recent actions may start to become "a circus, a sideshow."

"It's too much right now; it's just too much," McNabb told the Washington Post from his Arizona home. "I get some of things he's doing to draw attention to himself: the adidas commercials, going out and enjoying the life of a young, famous NFL quarterback. I understand RG has a lot of stuff going on.

"But if you're coming off ACL surgery, you don't need to be having a press conference at OTAs. Every week? Really? It becomes a circus, a sideshow. It takes away from the focus of what those sessions are supposed to be about: the team."

McNabb said the added attention can be "counterproductive."

"One thing Andy Reid did is he never let the injured guys become the story if they were off to the side at practice," McNabb told the Post, referring to his former coach with the Philadelphia Eagles. "He thought it took away from the guys who were grinding and practicing every day.

"So when I look up on TV and see him up there talking all the time about how great he's doing -- or doing jumping jacks or someone else talking about his supernatural healing powers -- I wonder to myself: Is this about selling tickets to the fans or what?

"I don't blame him. They're letting him do it. But at some point, it can be counterproductive. You can set yourself up for more criticism later."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9335725/donovan-mcnabb-says-robert-griffin-iii-too-much-going-on

And now he's doing what's apparently the most unforgivable sin:

“Bottom line, I can’t take those amount of hits,” Griffin said, via John Keim of ESPN.com. “You don’t want to be hit that much. A lot of great quarterbacks don’t get hit that much. It’s not just me, it’s a lot of things that go into that. We just have to get better.”

And now the NFL are looking to expand the rules protecting QBs, this is starting to become ridiculous.

Also, those completion percentage based bets going on in this thread. I think it's going to be tough for the Luck backers to get that one up as high as it needs to be.

Unless my math is off, which it might be, he'll need to complete around 75.5% of his passes in the last 6 games to get to 65% completion rate for the season (this is assuming he'll have the same average number of attempts in the last 6 games as in the first 10)

Also, those completion percentage based bets going on in this thread. I think it's going to be tough for the Luck backers to get that one up as high as it needs to be.

Unless my math is off, which it might be, he'll need to complete around 75.5% of his passes in the last 6 games to get to 65% completion rate for the season (this is assuming he'll have the same average number of attempts in the last 6 games as in the first 10)

Those betting that Luck was going to have more INT's than last year face a similarly uphill battle.

That said, when I made the bet back in June, I didn't think they'd still be starting McGlynn and Satele, if I had, I probably wouldn't have made the bet on comp %, but absolutely would've stuck with the INT totals.

I did a similar exercise and came up with ~74%, so your math is likely correct (difference is probably due to rounding or other assumptions).

I real the whole thing. It was a nice piece on a very interesting and talented young man and I hope that Griffin's body allows him to develop fully into whatever kind of QB he can be. Great. All-time great. His ceiling is certainly very high.

The great debate is comparing III to Luck.

Watching the two, I felt that Griffin depended way, way too much on the option, on his legs to open the field up and that is not a long-term formula for success and unfortunately it turned out I was right. It was a short-term success that never should have gone down the way it did. Their offense was flawed in it's very concept, but it was technically successful until the knee went out but some kind of injury was a likelihood given my opinion that Luck as fast and shifty as he is takes way too many killshots.

Some guys can deflect impacts, avoid the worst of it and some lack that unquantifiable ability. I have seen Griffin just get lit up a large number of times and have decided that he is more in the latter category than the former. I fear for his future because he can't seem to reel it in and hold back his instincts to make something happen on every play. The guy is a gamer to his own detriment sometimes. I worry about him for that reason. Other than that.....he's got it all.

I love Andrew Luck's game and think he's the best young QB in the league and one of those guys that just keeps figuring it out and improving.

I think he has a fair shot to be the best ever if the rest of the Colts organization does their fair share. That's a big if, but Luck himself has been an A+ pick that more cannot be expected from at this juncture.

I have no issues with their draft slots. Both teams got it right.

I real the whole thing. It was a nice piece on a very interesting and talented young man and I hope that Griffin's body allows him to develop fully into whatever kind of QB he can be. Great. All-time great. His ceiling is certainly very high.

The great debate is comparing III to Luck.

Watching the two, I felt that Griffin depended way, way too much on the option, on his legs to open the field up and that is not a long-term formula for success and unfortunately it turned out I was right. It was a short-term success that never should have gone down the way it did. Their offense was flawed in it's very concept, but it was technically successful until the knee went out but some kind of injury was a likelihood given my opinion that Luck as fast and shifty as he is takes way too many killshots.

Some guys can deflect impacts, avoid the worst of it and some lack that unquantifiable ability. I have seen Griffin just get lit up a large number of times and have decided that he is more in the latter category than the former. I fear for his future because he can't seem to reel it in and hold back his instincts to make something happen on every play. The guy is a gamer to his own detriment sometimes. I worry about him for that reason. Other than that.....he's got it all.

I love Andrew Luck's game and think he's the best young QB in the league and one of those guys that just keeps figuring it out and improving.

I think he has a fair shot to be the best ever if the rest of the Colts organization does their fair share. That's a big if, but Luck himself has been an A+ pick that more cannot be expected from at this juncture.

I have no issues with their draft slots. Both teams got it right.

It is odd though, that when the NFL said the QB was free game on the option plays, not only did the option plays reduced amazingly, both Kap and RGIII regressed from last year. Both are going to have to develop other parts of their games to get to where they want to be.

Back