• No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Too chicken to stick my neck out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
Coach is in a world of hurt right now. Can he overcome it and stick around or has Kraft worn out his patience - and his losing streak - and Bill will not be the head coach next year?

I think he will go someplace with an already built offense.

Raiders? Garopolo/Jacobs/Adams as an example.

Could BB be tanking with Kraft's blessing?

Obviously Kraft's public comments would indicate otherwise, but what should the owner say? I feel like the outcry would be far worse if he admitted he was allowing BB to hit rock bottom.

Do I think this is happening? No, but when I look at any ownership/coach tandem across all of the four major professional sports leagues, Kraft and Belichick are the only two kooky enough to do it with the understanding the HC would be retained.

Again, sounds like a conspiracy theory but just a sports radio approach this conversation. (I'll hang up now and listen)

Kraft's reaction in Germany after they lost tells me that he's done.

I was going to give him another year, assuming the team won 7 games (my preseason estimate). But now? I think he’s done. I wouldn’t expect him back next year, and I hope they clean house altogether if they are going to move on.

He's gone only if he wants to be gone.

Let me set up the historic opportunity in front of him for you.
1. The team has a poor record.
2. The poor record means he will likely to have the highest draft picks he's ever had.
3. The huge cap means he can use FA to fill the holes with good, effective veterans at positions of need as he sees fit without worrying about the cap. (If Kraft gives the cash needed)
4. He's already identified his core players and leaders he wants to keep. This means he also knows the players he doesn't want to keep. His list is fluid since more games are ahead.
5. He knows his team next year should be worlds better than this year, maybe even good enough to make the playoffs and actually do some damage depending on the QB he signs in FA.
6. He knows he has an opportunity to go from one of the league's worst teams to one of the better teams in only one year. It could be an historical worst to first jump in the division.
7. He is salivating at the opportunity to repair all the real and imagined damage done to his reputation the last few years by rebuilding his team.
8. He's been planning ahead for this huge cap year for at least 2 years. Kraft knows this, too.
9. He wants to make the Patriots great again so he can hand the reins over with the Patriots on or close to the top with the arrow pointing up.
10. This is his opportunity to rebuild the team and build on his legacy as the GOAT coach.

I have no clue if BB will get fired. I suppose it will depend on who Kraft blames for the Mac Jones fiasco. If BB does leave, and decides to keep coaching, I could also see the Cowboys or Giants as possible landing spots.

I'm worried about what Mazz will do if he is done. Her hate for BB is so great.
I didn't get a chance to get my dig in before the other thread was locked.

Could BB be tanking with Kraft's blessing?

Obviously Kraft's public comments would indicate otherwise, but what should the owner say? I feel like the outcry would be far worse if he admitted he was allowing BB to hit rock bottom.

Do I think this is happening? No, but when I look at any ownership/coach tandem across all of the four major professional sports leagues, Kraft and Belichick are the only two kooky enough to do it with the understanding the HC would be retained.

Again, sounds like a conspiracy theory but just a sports radio approach this conversation. (I'll hang up now and listen)
I’ve already made a thread about this… :coffee:

Kraft's reaction in Germany after they lost tells me that he's done.
Master Plan Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

OTOH, he could say screw this shit and take off for an already built team.
In that case, he's taking every good coach and FO person right along with him leaving Kraft with a minimum 5 year rebuild.

I have no clue if BB will get fired. I suppose it will depend on who Kraft blames for the Mac Jones fiasco. If BB does leave, and decides to keep coaching, I could also see the Cowboys or Giants as possible landing spots.

Mac Jones' fiasco is bc Mac is afraid of being hit.
Imagine BB getting along with Jerruh? Not happening.
Giants are in worse shape than we are.
If Kraft fires BB how long does it take for BB to call the Bills' owner? 1 minute? Payback is a bitch.

I don't think he's going to go down that easy, I think he stays and tries to prove he can bring this team back to it's former glory. Will it happen, only time will tell.

It all depends…he might be a goner, or, BB and Krafty already planned this organic tank job to get rid of Mac and reset/upgrade for the future. Lotsa cap space. Get the optimum draft picks. Like my thread suggested.

This year will be the wrecking ball. Next year will be the Phoenix rising from the ashes.

OTOH, he could say screw this shit and take off for an already built team.
In that case, he's taking every good coach and FO person right along with him leaving Kraft with a minimum 5 year rebuild.

Mac Jones' fiasco is bc Mac is afraid of being hit.
Imagine BB getting along with Jerruh? Not happening.
Giants are in worse shape than we are.
If Kraft fires BB how long does it take for BB to call the Bills' owner? 1 minute? Payback is a bitch.
I kinda think Jones is the root of Bill's problems. If they had a decent QB, this question would probably not even be raised. As to suggestion BB may actually be intentionally tanking it, I would have to say :cuckoo: to that. No secret plan or conspiracy bn coach and Kraft. The entire team completely blows this year and if any change is to be made, the head must be cut off the snake. My bet: Jones gone; BB stays. I would not be dumbstruck, though, if the fat lady is singing for the Old (washed up) coach.

those Pats fans that have been the most adamant about BB "should be gone" seem to be the most responsible for assuming RKK must feel exactly the same way as they do

for all of RKK's public "dissapointment" over the current state of the team's lack of success, I see it as another in the long running pandering to the heartstrings&minds of the fans that has been a hallmark of his ownership since it's inception

in addition, RKK exhibits all the signs of "my Patriots Organization's legacy in NFL history" is of THE utmost import to him

w/ TFB coming back to Gillette in June 2024 for a "final-FINAL goodbye celebration", why would RKK shitcan BB, who was the architect of the most successful run of any team in NFL history, before, during or after the end of this season?

talk about shitcanning a legacy

those Pats fans that have been the most adamant about BB "should be gone" seem to be the most responsible for assuming RKK must feel exactly the same way as they do

for all of RKK's public "dissapointment" over the current state of the team's lack of success, I see it as another in the long running pandering to the heartstrings&minds of the fans that has been a hallmark of his ownership since it's inception

in addition, RKK exhibits all the signs of "my Patriots Organization's legacy in NFL history" is of THE utmost import to him

w/ TFB coming back to Gillette in June 2024 for a "final-FINAL goodbye celebration", why would RKK shitcan BB, who was the architect of the most successful run of any team in NFL history, before, during or after the end of this season?

talk about shitcanning a legacy
Agree with what you said above.

But, how do we square the absolute shitshow that has been Bill’s performance building this team?

The 2-8 team we watched on Sunday morning…

Back