Joe Judge back to the Patriots

The unfortunate reality is that it doesn’t appear Garrett was the issue with NYG’s offense.

In the 10 games Garrett OC’ed in 2021 before being fired, the team hit/exceeded 300 yards of total offense in 7 games.

In the 7 games after Garrett was relieved (Freddie Kitchens became the de facto OC), the offense only achieved 300 yards of total offense in 2 games, and produced under 200 yards of total offense in 3 games. Absolutely atrocious.

So the issue doesn’t appear to have been Garrett, and while Kitchens isn’t anything special himself, the buck stops with the HC (especially when he was the one who fired the previous OC).

It doesn’t look good for Judge any way you slice it.

That's disappointing to hear. I haven't listened to Gase speak and I didn't have much of an opinion of him other than not hating him as much as others seem to, and maybe having some vaguely positive associations because of his play-calling against the Pats' D with some of those Miami offenses he ran, but hearing that makes me want no part of him.

My guess is that if you had listened to Gase speak your opinion of him would not have improved.

I've seen him at several pressers and found him uncomfortable to listen to. He's one of the stranger HCs I can recall in recent years and does not inspire confidence in any way. A very odd
dude who, at times, looks like he's losing his marbles.

Maybe he's very bright and creative when it comes to X's and O's, but I don't want him coming to Foxboro. I know Bill has been complementary of him, but if we are planning to add
somebody to the offensive staff I think there should be better alternatives out there who aren't weirdos.

My guess is that if you had listened to Gase speak your opinion of him would not have improved.

I've seen him at several pressers and found him uncomfortable to listen to. He's one of the stranger HCs I can recall in recent years and does not inspire confidence in any way. A very odd
dude who, at times, looks like he's losing his marbles.

Maybe he's very bright and creative when it comes to X's and O's, but I don't want him coming to Foxboro. I know Bill has been complementary of him, but if we are planning to add
somebody to the offensive staff I think there should be better alternatives out there who aren't weirdos.

Good stuff. You and 3PS have me now firmly on the “anti-Gase” train.

I don’t mind eccentric weirdos (in fact I find some part of them endearing), but I really don’t like listening to people who talk a lot without actually saying anything tangible/objective.

It had crossed my mind as well that Daniel Jones is a bust after two seasons because he sucks. But that's just me!!
Maybe he is or maybe he isn't, but that OLine is positively dreadful. Not sure who could possibly have had any kind of success behind it. That list is extremely short, maybe someone like Josh Allen. And what WR did he have that could move the sticks? He has two stretch the field guys and Shepherd who is that guy but can't stay healthy. The Giants are a perfect example of how not to build an offense.

Oh I almost forgot, this is a team that drafted a RB with a #2 overall pick. There is nothing more moronic than that in my opinion other than picking one at #1, it's the most dime a dozen position in the NFL.

Maybe he is or maybe he isn't, but that OLine is positively dreadful. Not sure who could possibly have had any kind of success behind it. That list is extremely short, maybe someone like Josh Allen. And what WR did he have that could move the sticks? He has two stretch the field guys and Shepherd who is that guy but can't stay healthy. The Giants are a perfect example of how not to build an offense.

Oh I almost forgot, this is a team that drafted a RB with a #2 overall pick. There is nothing more moronic than that in my opinion other than picking one at #1, it's the most dime a dozen position in the NFL.
One who now has 2 surgically repaired knees.

According to Lombardi, Bill will run the offense. :rolleyes:

According to Lombardi, Bill will run the offense. :rolleyes:

Every time Bill personally takes charge of a unit, it gets instantly better. Defense, ST, the Draft, you see instant improvements. And you know, he has no fear with big offensive play calling at critical times. He has cahones.

Every time Bill personally takes charge of a unit, it gets instantly better. Defense, ST, the Draft, you see instant improvements. And you know, he has no fear with big offensive play calling at critical times. He has cahones.
I don’t want Bill doing the offense. He needs to be coaching the defense.

Dave Gettleman built an awful OL. He signed Solder to that onerous contract and it didn't stop there.

No, it didn't.

Gettleman was the author of one of the great draft quotes, though. When he was asked to explain the drafting
of Daniel Jones he said:

"I had a sports writer ask me about waiting till pick 17. I asked him "you've been married a long time, did you wait for your wife to come to you?"

He was also prone to calling offensive linemen "Hog Mollies" which was a cringeable expression.

You are correct, but the Belichick bashing must continue for the Bradyologists. I think they keep score and rat each other out to their Chairman of the Board of the TB12 Technology Center if they don’t meet their Belichick bashing quotas. Then they get called back to the mothership for additional “programming”. Not fun from what I hear.

You are correct, but the Belichick bashing must continue for the Bradyologists. I think they keep score and rat each other out to their Chairman of the Board of the TB12 Technology Center if they don’t meet their Belichick bashing quotas. Then they get called back to the mothership for additional “programming”. Not fun from what I hear.
I've heard through some back channels that the "programming" involves, among other things, listening to a recording of Bill repeatedly and noisily snorting phlegm from both nostrils into his throat for eleven plus hours. Then, the torture begins....

Back