Joe Judge back to the Patriots

I doubt that he'll flop. He had a LONG, LONG time to get the suck out of his resume. If he does flop, he'll still be wealthy enough to not really care much. :coffee:
But if he does flop he is still young and he's going to want to be working in football

But if he does flop he is still young and he's going to want to be working in football
He'll have other options...I don't see him doing too bad. He did learn a lot after his Denver stint. I'm not predicting that he's the GOAT or anything, but, he SHOULD be able to do at least OK.

agreed to a point, but BB cannot do it alone and the constant brain drain takes a toll - just last season we saw a talented OL under perform, special teams that despite folks brilliance and the player investment also under performed. A very talented D that got worse as the year went on (which is a multi year trend)

the pats have lost some real talent in the front office and coaching staff. to just dismiss that fact because BB is BB - well its whistling past the graveyard.

Let's be frank about it. All these Assistant coaches leave the Patriots, they poach other coaches from the team with the belief they can take what the is that makes the Patriots so successful and transplant it to their new team.

How has that worked out for any of them? for BoB, Josh, Patricia, Flores and all the others who jumped ship? The GMs, the personnel guys etc etc.

What they can't bring to their new teams is Bill Belichick and that's the difference. To me, this is one of the biggest markers of Bill's brilliance as a coach. He sees them come and go with the team and because it's the Patriots, his Assistants tend to get poached constantly and quickly. Yet they don't bring the Patriots special sauce with them because it's the head coach who has built that.
Or both. Both coaching staffs are weakened leaving people to wonder what went wrong with both head coaches.

whether BB is ok with it or not, what exactly do you expect Bill to do - BB left the jets because they tried to force him to stay. If a coach wants to leave its better to let them go - its not like they will give you their best effort being forced to stay.

all BB can do is try to put together the best staff he can from what is left and from what he feels is worth going to get/is available.

this sucks, but its not unexpected, the entire staff has been in flux for a while now. Coaches know there is no long time coaching jobs left in NE, BB will retire at some point relatively soon and people are looking to get out before the regime changes.

bottom line BB is essentially in the lame duck phase of his career now
NOT THIS^^^^^

Let's be frank about it. All these Assistant coaches leave the Patriots, they poach other coaches from the team with the belief they can take what the is that makes the Patriots so successful and transplant it to their new team.

How has that worked out for any of them? for BoB, Josh, Patricia, Flores and all the others who jumped ship? The GMs, the personnel guys etc etc.

What they can't bring to their new teams is Bill Belichick and that's the difference. To me, this is one of the biggest markers of Bill's brilliance as a coach. He sees them come and go with the team and because it's the Patriots, his Assistants tend to get poached constantly and quickly. Yet they don't bring the Patriots special sauce with them because it's the head coach who has built that.
THIS^^^^^

Either McDaniels doesn't give a shit or BB is cooking up something. Maybe both.

This is what I wondered and why I asked if BB was on board with the assumed "poaching".

Maybe BB has something up his sleeve (please be BoB).

There is lots to unpack here.

Carmen Bricillo did not move on for a higher position. It was a lateral move. When people take a lateral move from one organization to another, it’s usually either about a bit more money or to leave a boss they don’t like behind.

Also Bricillo is the last tie to the way Scarnecchia did things. The running game last year was excellent, and you combine Bricillo's departure with the loss of Fears, and you have to wonder about what is going on back there. Will it go from strength to average? Will Mac Jones be badly impacted?

Something happened this season between the players and the coaches. Not sure what, but Slater alluded to it. We saw a ton of atypical mistakes being made by the team in all facets. The combination of a bunch of new young players, loss of top team leaders, fairly inexperienced coaching, probably created issues with the buy-in required into Belichick's system. People on the inside noticed and bolted.

Whatever is going internally, it's bad. We will see how Bill chooses to address a decimated offensive staff and a defense that badly failed with the 2 person in charge approach. He has his work cut out for him.

Brain drain or Brains escaping?

Saban said he had to get out of Cleveland.

Carmen Bricillo did not move on for a higher position. It was a lateral move. When people take a lateral move from one organization to another, it’s usually either about a bit more money or to leave a boss they don’t like behind.

Also Bricillo is the last tie to the way Scarnecchia did things. The running game last year was excellent, and you combine Bricillo's departure with the loss of Fears, and you have to wonder about what is going on back there. Will it go from strength to average? Will Mac Jones be badly impacted?

Something happened this season between the players and the coaches. Not sure what, but Slater alluded to it. We saw a ton of atypical mistakes being made by the team in all facets. The combination of a bunch of new young players, loss of top team leaders, fairly inexperienced coaching, probably created issues with the buy-in required into Belichick's system. People on the inside noticed and bolted.

Whatever is going internally, it's bad. We will see how Bill chooses to address a decimated offensive staff and a defense that badly failed with the 2 person in charge approach. He has his work cut out for him.
jump-to-conclusions.jpg

Lots to unpack here, as well.

Slater didn't allude to any such thing. He mentioned something between players affect a game. I thing it was the week after the bye. He never mentioned coaches. His 'thing between players' could be a personal thing between two (and others perhaps taking sides), or whatever.

To say that ass't coaches are bolting the Pats because of your laundry list of made up (i.e., with zero factual basis other than something made about Slater) is mind-boggling. You are really trying way too hard to be way too hard on Belichick. JMD left and took with him many of our assistant coaches, in the same manner that Parcells raided the Giants' staff, including Belichick who raided the Jets for some of the same players that they raided from the Giants. But, no, it is people bolting the Pats and has nothing to do with JMD.

I answered the decimated part because it was funny and I wantd to sue (sort of) Latin to say lost half, but there is a lot to your whole post.

"Whatever is going on internally, it's bad."

Seriously?

Let it go.

Slater didn't allude to any such thing. He mentioned something between players affect a game. I thing it was the week after the bye. He never mentioned coaches. His 'thing between players' could be a personal thing between two (and others perhaps taking sides), or whatever.

To say that ass't coaches are bolting the Pats because of your laundry list of made up (i.e., with zero factual basis other than something made about Slater) is mind-boggling. You are really trying way too hard to be way too hard on Belichick. JMD left and took with him many of our assistant coaches, in the same manner that Parcells raided the Giants' staff, including Belichick who raided the Jets for some of the same players that they raided from the Giants. But, no, it is people bolting the Pats and has nothing to do with JMD.

I answered the decimated part because it was funny and I wantd to sue (sort of) Latin to say lost half, but there is a lot to your whole post.

Seriously?

Let it go.

drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seriously?

Let it go.

I called Mazz out on this at the time because it was clear she did not read the full article. Nowhere did Slates say there was an issue, he was indeed talking about the bye etc. One article decided to make a click bait headline out of a nothing situation. Happens all the time but of course certain people jumped on it to declare a massive problem....

I called Mazz out on this at the time because it was clear she did not read the full article. Nowhere did Slates say there was an issue, he was indeed talking about the bye etc. One article decided to make a click bait headline out of a nothing situation. Happens all the time but of course certain people jumped on it to declare a massive problem....
You're right. To anyone who read it in its entirety, there was no reference to a coaching situation. More invented lies.

Either McDaniels doesn't give a shit or BB is cooking up something. Maybe both.
Saw a Twitter response saying that McDaniels did that as payback for BB not letting him interview for HC jobs in 2019.

Don't know if that timing is correct.

Saw a Twitter response saying that McDaniels did that as payback for BB not letting him interview for HC jobs in 2019.

McD was always free to interview for jobs and he knew that. BB didn't want his coaches interviewing when they should be thinking about the next game but no HC wants that.
Besides, NFL rules mandate allowing interviews for jobs that are a promotion.

Just about every coach that has left us has taken a couple of coaches with them. I doubt Bill is all that peeved. He has to rebuild the staff anyways with McD leaving.

Back