Kaep Named Citizen of the Year by GQ

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
jjgzwvofnrxz.jpg

Were there no other applicants? :coffee:

I'm sorry but that hair is beyond ridiculous. This guy is more a publicity stunt now more than anything else. It's all he has, he has to sell books now. Is he wearing his PIGS socks too?

Ya just can't make this stuff up.

In the end, who cares? GQ, a magazine I am reasonably sure I have never even opened the cover of (doctor and dentist office visits included) can give their awards to anyone they want.

WGAF, real men don't read GQ anyways. lol

I’ve never really even flipped thru a GQ but that magazine is deader to me than ESPN.
only the Brady article a few years ago, and that was printed off line and is now all stuck together.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Great news. Gotta stand by a guy who stands by his beliefs.
true, I just wish he expressed them to us.

I think JJ Watt, despite his "Red Light" distinction, deserves some credit too IF I was going to pick an athlete. And I despise JJ "the Letterman" Watt

I’ve never really even flipped thru a GQ but that magazine is deader to me than ESPN.

Yes, totally agree. Also, maybe he could have gotten more publicity if he put his story on the cover of Black Lives Matter, which is the platform where his original issues belong, not the NFL ! :coffee:

Only motivation is to sell magazines for a dying medium. They generated attention and that was the goal. Just ignore and move on is how I view things like this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Only motivation is to sell magazines for a dying medium. They generated attention and that was the goal. Just ignore and move on is how I view things like this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yes, but it still deserves a nomination for the biggest ****ing joke of all time. (JMO)

Time Magazines Man of the year in 1938 was 'Ol Adolf and 1939 AND 1942 was Uncle Joe Stalin. Now those 2 guys obviously did not affect how we viewed our National Anthem as much as Kaep...oh, wait a minute...never mind, nothing to see here..

I think JJ Watt, despite his "Red Light" distinction, deserves some credit too IF I was going to pick an athlete. And I despise JJ "the Letterman" Watt

Agreed. What he did in such a short period of time was Herculean.

Another person who gets very little recognition for his major accomplishments and contributions to humanity is Chris Long. His ongoing water project has funded somewhere around 29 wells not only here but worldwide, brought and continues to bring water on a daily basis to places like Flint, and he is a true humanitarian.

only the Brady article a few years ago, and that was printed off line and is now all stuck together.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

true, I just wish he expressed them to us.

In no way do I think Kaepernick should get citizen of the year and this is obviously a publicity stunt.

But if we are comparing his charitableness to Watt, then Kaepernick wins. He donated something like 1 million of his salary to charity, while Watt who makes a lot more donated 100k to the hurricane relief. He raised a ton of money (other people's money) for the efforts which is great, but I wouldn't pick Watt over Kaepernick.

Back