Lafell and Chandler released

Along with Brian Tyms.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Clears another $4 mil in cap space

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I might have kept LaFell and cut Dobson.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LaFell should get up and sign with another team pretty easily.

We appear to be creating some serious cap space. We were over $13 mil before Brady re-upped, clearing several million there, and now with this dumping we have to be closer to $25 mil.

Who are we going out and getting? Sounds like big splash time.

Along with Brian Tyms.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Deuces to all three. LaFell was incredibly disappointing this year, who couldn't emerge when he was the only target, or when he was the 5th target.

As far as Dobson over LaFell, he's cheaper. And considering what we saw from LaFell last year, Dobson can drop passes, and not get open, just as well as LaFell can.

Chandler was another disappointment, and now they're going to have to bring in a legit receiving threat at TE, either through draft or FA. Gronk and "Extra OL of the Day" is not a plan at tight end.

This offense has some real holes to fill, suddenly.

We appear to be creating some serious cap space. We were over $13 mil before Brady re-upped, clearing several million there, and now with this dumping we have to be closer to $25 mil.

I'm assuming a chunk of that will go towards extensions for Hightower, Butler and Collins.

Along with Brian Tyms.

Cutting Dobson now wouldn't save anything. I'm for letting him go through camp to see if he's progressed. Plenty of time to cut him.

Deuces to all three. LaFell was incredibly disappointing this year, who couldn't emerge when he was the only target, or when he was the 5th target.

As far as Dobson over LaFell, he's cheaper. And considering what we saw from LaFell last year, Dobson can drop passes, and not get open, just as well as LaFell can.

Chandler was another disappointment, and now they're going to have to bring in a legit receiving threat at TE, either through draft or FA. Gronk and "Extra OL of the Day" is not a plan at tight end.

This offense has some real holes to fill, suddenly.

I'm assuming a chunk of that will go towards extensions for Hightower, Butler and Collins.

Outside (X) WR just became the high priority I thought it would. Ditto TE. Gates for a 1 year deal?

Marvin Jones looks very appealing to me.

BB getting real serious for the next run imo.

Cutting Dobson now wouldn't save anything. I'm for letting him go through camp to see if he's progressed. Plenty of time to cut him.

Outside (X) WR just became the high priority I thought it would. Ditto TE. Gates for a 1 year deal?

Roddy White?

someone had to say it

Always sad to see players leave, Jojo especially. But he wasn't up to standard this season. Chandler was a big disappointment.

Quality farewell from Jojo. So long and thanks.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-02%20at%2022.59.13_zps2b1iqvme.png

Go both were huge disappointments last year.So many dropped passes between the two. Lefell was great his first year making those tough 10-20 yards outside passes.

Not to worry.

Those guys weren't all that much. They "might" get picked up, but their loss won't hurt us at all. Hopefully the Pats fix the Oliine, and MAYBE get WR that can grab the deep ones.

They were invisible when it mattered so this isn't a loss at all.

Definitely hope BB has plans to bring in a few keys upgrades. As the discussion on Reddit pointed out, BB doesn't have to be calcuative of comp picks this year so he's uncharacterically free to sign some quality FAs if he so chooses.

I am fine with both moves. Would not be surprised to see the Pats bring LaFell back on the cheap as I cannot imagine another team offering him very much.

Not surprised by these moves at all. I wonder who's next? Any word on SJ?

Oh and...

Steve Balestrieri @SteveB7SFG
Folks screaming for a name WR (RWhite), in five more games than LaFell he had six more catches for nine less yards....

I think I read yesterday that Gates was close to a deal in SD. Sanu maybe?

Keyshawn Martin may already be LaFell's replacement. Although I am sure Bill will bring in other receivers. Who was the kid that looked good that went on IR in preseason? I really liked him. Will he be back?

Back