Looking At The Patriots 2022

There's a fine line between success and failure.

My dad was BB before BB was BB...I know the drill fine.

I was expected to be the cheerleader as well.

You're not telling me anything new.

Great.

But it isn’t a drill. I expect Kendrick Bourne to toe the line. Maximum effort at all times. The entire team and its success depends on players behaving like professionals. These are grown men who signed million dollar contracts and are expected to toe the line as a result. I expect Kendrick Bourne to tell the line. Maximum effort in practice. Show up on time for team meetings. Help out in anyway possible with the younger players.

Sounds like your Dad set a good example. Awesome.

Pats - Steelers takes top billing

FcpEUtrWQAEqeDC
Outstanding!

It's most likely his back but they are saying illness.

How do you know that this MOST LIKELY? What do you know that the entirety of the sports world does not?

Did you have breakfast with Belichick?

Or are you simply making it up again in order to present the most negative viewpoint?

Methinks the latter. Again.

And again.

And again.

I got some time to watch the game again and, as always, things stood out that did not watching live.

One guy I want to recognize is Kyle Dugger.

It's been a slow slog upwards for Kyle since we drafted (some would say overdrafted) him, but he made 3 plays in the first half that few guys could, imo, showing a
rare facility for clean, yet-decisive tackling all over the pitch. I was fired-up that this is the year Dugger would emerge and then I watched the Waddle TD just before the half.

It didn't take long before I wondered why there were 3 DBs covering him and yet none of them thought they needed to stay between him and the endzone.

Anyhow, if anybody knows for sure whose fault it was then feel free to correct me, but the analyst said Dugger was the deep guy on the play and he blew it. Kid still doesn't
know what he's doing in coverage which is not optimum. I don't know how long a project he really is, but he might have to be converted to Will LB to maximize what he can do.

Likeable kid, but we have a ring to think about. As is, he's going to be wearing a target until he proves that is a mistake.

I got some time to watch the game again and, as always, things stood out that did not watching live.

It's been a slow slog upwards for Kyle since we drafted (some would say overdrafted) him, but he made 3 plays in the first half that few guys could, imo, showing a
rare facility for clean, yet-decisive tackling all over the pitch. I was fired-up that this is the year Dugger would emerge and then I watched the Waddle TD just before the half.

It didn't take long before I wondered why there were 3 DBs covering him and yet none of them thought they needed to stay between him and the endzone.

Anyhow, if anybody knows for sure whose fault it was then feel free to correct me, but the analyst said Dugger was the deep guy on the play and he blew it. Kid still doesn't
know what he's doing in coverage which is not optimum. I don't know how long a project he really is, but he might have to be converted to Will LB to maximize what he can do.

Likeable kid, but we have a ring to think about. As is, he's going to be wearing a target until he proves that is a mistake.
Who were the 3 suspects on that play?

I was thinking Bentley was in there.

Who were the 3 suspects on that play?

I was thinking Bentley was in there.

Yes, Bentley was there. Arguably the guy who ended up with the best chance of making the tackle but as he dove in an attempt to grab Waddle's ankles, Dugger collided with him and took Bentley out of the play. Mills was also hot-doggin' it on that play, too; it appeared to be man-coverage and Mills had outside leverage - after getting beat, he pulled up and started jogging, leaving the job to Dugger and Bentley.

Any of those three (Dugger, Bentley, Mills) could have made the tackle but didn't for different reasons. Dugger took a bad angle. Bentley was taken out by Dugger. Mills bailed on the play after he gave up the catch. No bueno all around.

That play, along with the no-call tipped INT, and the strip-sack, were the three biggest plays in the game. Those three plays alone were worth anywhere from 14-21 points (very likely 21 since a rightfully called DPI on the opening drive would've put the ball on the Dolphins 1 yard line). The game was decided by 13 points.

Can't give up those big plays at all, but especially right before half.

Last edited:
Yes, Bentley was there. Arguably the guy who ended up with the best chance of making the tackle but as he dove in an attempt to grab Waddle's ankles, Dugger collided with him and took Bentley out of the play. Mills was also hot-doggin' it on that play. too; it appeared to be man-coverage and Mills had outside leverage - after getting beat, he pulled up and started jogging, leaving the job to Dugger and Bentley.

Any of those three (Dugger, Bentley, Mills) could have made the tackle but didn't for different reasons. Dugger took a bad angle. Bentley was taken out by Dugger. Mills bailed on the play after he gave up the catch. No bueno all around.

That play, along with the no-call tipped INT, and the strip-sack, were the three biggest plays in the game. Those three plays alone were worth anywhere from 14-21 points (very likely 21 since a rightfully called DPI on the opening drive would've put the ball on the Dolphins 1 yard line). The game was decided by 13 points.

Can't give up those big plays at all, but especially right before half.
Is Bentley in on long yardage passing downs?
Thought that was odd.

Is Bentley in on long yardage passing downs?
Thought that was odd.

Yep, didn't understand that one, either. Wilson or McMillian would've made more sense. It was 4th-7 from near midfield.

I actually saw that whole sequence coming during the commercial break that preceded it. There were 17 seconds left on the clock, NE was out of TOs (or had 1 remaining), and the Dolphins had 2 or 3 timeouts. I was thinking to myself, and realized if NE got the ball back it was unlikely they'd have the time to score given clock/field position/timeouts remaining. If Miami got the first down, they could potentially get a FG (or a TD) before half. If not, there wasn't a huge amount of risk NE would score before half (barring a turnover on the 4th-down play). McDaniel apparently did a similar calculus and made a good decision to go for it. But still, even then, that cannot result in a TD.

It was whoever called the coverage's f***ing fault. That was terrible.

Okay, all you budding coaches and coordinators, pop quiz:
You have Dugger and McCourty on the field, and no Phillips as an additional option or to lean on as backup. You know you want one of them play in the box and function to spy on the 3rd down back to make sure he doesn't burn you on a catch and run to the sticks, and one of them to play a deep middle zone. Who is better suited to each job?

If you put Dugger in the deep middle and McCourty in the box aligned to take on the RB, you are as good as whoever was responsible for calling that coverage! 🎉

True. I noted this offseason that we had about 6 safeties on the roster and only one of them is a capable deep defender. And he's 32.

It wasn't as glaring as that Waddle TD, but after the opening drive tipped pick to Javon Holland, we had Miami stopped at midfield and they made to go for it on 4th down. They ended up calling a TO and again lined up. Our D, no doubt, reminded each other "whatever you do, don't jump!" and yet Carl Davis did exactly that extending their drive which wound up in a field goal and a Dolphins lead. We'd been making those sort of pre-snap/unforced errors all summer and it continued into the season. Not good. That initial part of the game felt like a 10-point swing.

Pure mental mistake, one of about a half-dozen that dug a hole for us in that first half.

How do you know that this MOST LIKELY? What do you know that the entirety of the sports world does not?

Did you have breakfast with Belichick?

Or are you simply making it up again in order to present the most negative viewpoint?

Methinks the latter. Again.

And again.

And again.
Bill fools around with the injury report all the time.

I had breakfast with BB once. I was a minute late, indecisive on where to sit, wasn't prepared to order when the waitress came to the table, and fumbled my toast into my coffee. I have since been cut from the breakfast roster.

Back