Looking at the Patriots 2024

I doubt he meant that the way Mayo acted on that trip was the ONLY thing that made him feel that way. Just that it stuck out to him as a moment he realized he had a good leader on his staff who might be able to take over after Bill. We'll never know.
I don't doubt he's a good leader. I just think there is more to being a good HC than being a good leader. Mahatma Gandhi, Moses, and Martin Luther King Jr were great leaders, but I'm not sure about them being HC material...well, maybe Moses. He could open up great passing lanes.

I doubt he meant that the way Mayo acted on that trip was the ONLY thing that made him feel that way. Just that it stuck out to him as a moment he realized he had a good leader on his staff who might be able to take over after Bill. We'll never know.
And they thought Capt.Smith would be a good Captain for Titanic.Oddly enough it was the owners that pushed Smith to run the ship at speeds that many considered unsafe.

I don't doubt he's a good leader. I just think there is more to being a good HC than being a good leader. Mahatma Gandhi, Moses, and Martin Luther King Jr were great leaders, but I'm not sure about them being HC material...well, maybe Moses. He could open up great passing lanes.

Plus, like Bill, he smashed the tablets...

I don't think that's the point here, it's more the fact that Kraft has said out loud he decided on Mayo as his next HC based on how he "behaved" in Israel. I mean what the hell? Is that really the basis you use to decide on a head coach, how many times he bows his head at the wailing wall?
Mayo was a player and coach in NE. I think Kraft knew he had the football acumen but did he have the leadership skills to be a HC and that got confirmed for him on the Israel trip.

Mayo was a player and coach in NE. I think Kraft knew he had the football acumen but did he have the leadership skills to be a HC and that got confirmed for him on the Israel trip.
Indeed Mazz, drinking Manischewitz and resting on the Sabbath is a great indication of leadership skills.

I was excited as all hell when Mac was picked in '20. I will not be jumping for joy this time around lol. Learned my mistake very quickly last time...

Indeed Mazz, drinking Manischewitz and resting on the Sabbath is a great indication of leadership skills.
What more do you need to see? ;)

Yeah, delaying practices for a week bc your coaches aren't prepared to coach is a bad look for Mayo. I can't believe I agree with Ted Johnson here but
there's no other way to take this.

View: https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1775565316250091762

I agree it is a terrible look and they should have been more prepared. There is no excuse- period.

At the same time, it they are not on the same page, it is better that they take a week and all get on the same page rather than ignore the problem and have worse coaching during the week.

Clearly an issue has been player development on the offensive side of the ball and coaching on special teams and offense. That needs to get better. If they look like more cohesive units this year and improve- this will be seen as a good decision. If it a poop show, this will be seen as an indication that it was doomed from the start.

Back