Mac Jones to the Jags

I wish it was a better team. I still think he is going to prove a lot of folks on here wrong.

Good luck to him.
well...they are coached by the guy who prepared nick foles to belp them beat the pats.
i don't think "clutch" is something that can be developed, just improved with knowledge.

Great move for him, back to his home city. He should learn from Lawrence.

Frankly, I'm delighted he's leaving the Patriots. He had to go and a line had to be drawn to start over.
Not sure what he can learn from Trevor Lawrence but I wish him well.

Last edited:
Well, he needed to go. In his rookie season, he looked like maybe he had a chance to be good early on, but that faded some by the end of that season, as teams appeared to have figured out how to defend against him. In his second season, I lost some respect for him with his antics, and his 3rd season was just a hot mess.

If he finds a coach who can get him to stop with the "happy feet" BS and step in to the throw when under pressure, he might be able to make it as a backup, as I'd be really surprised if he could beat out Lawrence.

I’m no fan of Mac Jones, but this move means whoever is making decision's likes him less than even me. lol I mean this is F***. you to Mack. Which I mean I’m ok with. Even if he could come in handy next year. If they are dumb enough to draft Daniels we need a backup. That guy will not hold up for 17 games.

He may never have been any good, but I can't be denied that he got zero help from Bill.

wow. how reliable is the info from this account?

We've known Bill wanted to trade Mac after his 1st year and was prevented from doing it by Kraft for a while. This isn't news.
Mac's value was never going to be higher. Mac would have brought us a high 1st.
Bill was pissed and subsequently sunk himself over the next 2 years by showing Kraft who was right by continuing to start Mac.
Bill was proven right but there's no martyr's HOF and Bill got canned for his part in it. But make no mistake, Kraft is just as much
a meddler as Jerruh is. The difference is that Kraft won't spend the money Jerruh does.

We've known Bill wanted to trade Mac after his 1st year and was prevented from doing it by Kraft for a while. This isn't news.
Mac's value was never going to be higher. Mac would have brought us a high 1st.
Bill was pissed and subsequently sunk himself over the next 2 years by showing Kraft who was right by continuing to start Mac.
Bill was proven right but there's no martyr's HOF and Bill got canned for his part in it. But make no mistake, Kraft is just as much
a meddler as Jerruh is. The difference is that Kraft won't spend the money Jerruh does.
wow,thanks! i wonder what made him want to trade mac after year 1? must have been a combo of things.

It helps when you draft guys worth spending money on.

Back