Michel traded to the Rams!

I'm not all that upset about Michel leaving, we still have White to mentor Stevenson and Taylor, they'll be fine.

Eh. I get the sentiment in a way but Stevenson is a rookie and JJ barley saw the field last year. I would have been much happier having Sony out there as a vet with Harris and then giving both of them some rest with Stevenson and JJ. We all know we are going to be a run heavy team so why not keep the RBs? That position is so injury prone on top. Always good to have a strong stable of guys.

Eh. I get the sentiment in a way but Stevenson is a rookie and JJ barley saw the field last year. I would have been much happier having Sony out there as a vet with Harris and then giving both of them some rest with Stevenson and JJ. We all know we are going to be a run heavy team so why not keep the RBs? That position is so injury prone on top. Always good to have a strong stable of guys.
You are negative about everything.

Had he traded a rookie and kept Sony you would complain about that, no doubt.

You are negative about everything.

Had he traded a rookie and kept Sony you would complain about that, no doubt.
Check all my past posts on Sony this off-season. I was high on him this off-season and he certainly was performing well this far or else we could have never even gotten the trade we did. I have been saying over and over that we are a run first team with the Oline so having our backs is kind of key IMO.

Check all my past posts on Sony this off-season. I was high on him this off-season and he certainly was performing well this far or else we could have never even gotten the trade we did. I have been saying over and over that we are a run first team with the Oline so having our backs is kind of key IMO.
Your posts about him are irrelevant to the negativity of all things BB.

I trust BB to get this one right, though, don't you?

Your posts about him are irrelevant to the negativity of all things BB.
Saying I liked Sony and wanted him to stay is a positive reflection on BB not to mention the other RBs we have as well. But of course you can't see that because you have tunnel vision and are predisposed to only seeing the negative.

I trust BB to get this one right, though, don't you?
He got Sony wrong. Spent a 1st on him got one good year of production and got a 4 back.

I have no idea. Like everything else probably 50/50 given we have a rookie and a second year player who didn't play much last year.

I think this is a good deal, on the whole.

Nothing personal against Sony, he was a good back, but not exceptional, and the Pats have a lot of good backs right now, most of whom are more versatile than Sony, in the passing game.

We were facing the choice of either trading a good back, or cutting a good back and getting nothing.

I'm a Damien fan, anyway....

omen-devil.gif

Just saw this posted on a different forum and wanted to share as not sure any of us thought about this angle:

The number one reason that the return value was as low as it is (bottom of 4th or a 5th and a 6th) is because Sony only has 1 year left on his contract. Teams were waiting to pounce on the RB that was going to be cut. Getting something is better than getting nothing. Plus it keeps from losing someone else at RB or other positions that could be valuable for future years when cutting down to the 53. ( JJ Taylor /Cowart / Cajuste / Spense / Davis / Colbert / King / Wilkerson / Bryant). Finally I thing BB really liked Sony. He sent him the the Rams and he probably could have gotten a similar deal with the Jaguars. (with Etienne out). He did Sony a real solid to have a really good year to cash in on a good contract next year. We know Bill can and does make the call of helping ( and NOT helping) his players as they leave.

This is a fair statement. I think that if we get the 4th, it’s an even trade.
It’ll only take one knee tweak to make it a Patriots victory over though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just saw this posted on a different forum and wanted to share as not sure any of us thought about this angle:

The number one reason that the return value was as low as it is (bottom of 4th or a 5th and a 6th) is because Sony only has 1 year left on his contract. Teams were waiting to pounce on the RB that was going to be cut. Getting something is better than getting nothing. Plus it keeps from losing someone else at RB or other positions that could be valuable for future years when cutting down to the 53. ( JJ Taylor /Cowart / Cajuste / Spense / Davis / Colbert / King / Wilkerson / Bryant). Finally I thing BB really liked Sony. He sent him the the Rams and he probably could have gotten a similar deal with the Jaguars. (with Etienne out). He did Sony a real solid to have a really good year to cash in on a good contract next year. We know Bill can and does make the call of helping ( and NOT helping) his players as they leave.

Getting something is better than releasing him was brought up early in the thread.

Nice. Playing the long game. :coffee:

Call me crazy, but I recall you calling him a bust, which was way off base. Can't recall any optimism regarding him.

More realistic I think would be Gilmore plus the pick. Michel and Harry are busts.
Harry maybe but he's being used wrong so far.
Michel is not a bust.
Michel was a big reason for the Super Bowl win in his rookie year. Just because of that alone the term bust is blasphemous.
That was 3 years ago. He is a bust now and would not add any value to a trade.

Call me crazy, but I recall you calling him a bust, which was way off base. Can't recall any optimism regarding him.
I did call Sony a bust prior to this year's mini camp and TC. I really liked how he looked this summer. More like 2018 Sony. I have to say the same about Harry as well. He seems to have turned the corner in his development. Just took him longer to process but still has a ways to go.

Well I'll be....

I did call Sony a bust prior to this year's mini camp and TC. I really liked how he looked this summer. More like 2018 Sony. I have to say the same about Harry as well. He seems to have turn the corner in his development. Just took him longer to process but still has a ways to go.
Should we take a 4th for Harry if we can get one? We know BB will refuse a better pick for him as he did with Sony.

Back