Misuse and Regression of Mac Jones and How to Fix

I like Mac Jones well enough, but can we pump the brakes on pro bowl qb. He was an alternate to Lamar Jackson.
...and Joe Burrow was playing in the SB...

If we can somehow land a capable RT by 4PM today then my prediction is that Matt Patricia, Evan Rothstein and Joe Judge will instantly get about
25 per cent smarter.

Jimmys and Joes are more important than X's and O's.

I like Mac Jones well enough, but can we pump the brakes on pro bowl qb. He was an alternate to Lamar Jackson.
That may be true, but his performance and statistics were absolutely in line with present and past pro bowlers who were not alternates. His inclusion on that team was absolutely warranted. This year, no, at least not yet.

That may be true, but his performance and statistics were absolutely in line with present and past pro bowlers who were not alternates. His inclusion on that team was absolutely warranted. This year, no, at least not yet.

1. Mac almost broke Dak’s rookie passing record for passing accuracy. The kid is good. But nobody would look good in this predictable, easy to defend shotgun offense
2. Look at how terrible Daniel Jones looked the last 2 years. And Joe Judge is the one making Mac Jones worse every single day in the QB room now

1. Mac almost broke Dak’s rookie passing record for passing accuracy. The kid is good. But nobody would look good in this predictable, easy to defend shotgun offense
2. Look at how terrible Daniel Jones looked the last 2 years. And Joe Judge is the one making Mac Jones worse every single day in the QB room now

Really?

You would yourself a favor if you could figure out the acronym for In My Opinion.

Unless you have something to bak up your many, MANY claims of fact you can't possibly know.

You must have forgot late last year...he started the suck right there.

You must have forgot late last year...he started the suck right there.
No, I didn't forget. I based my assessment on his performance over the entire season. That's what every player deserves, but that just my opinion. I understand that recency bias is rampant these days. Then again speaking of recency, on January 2 which was the next to last regular season game, in the Patriots 50-10 victory over Jacksonville Jones was 22 for 30 for 227 yards, 3 TD passes and 0 interceptions. Of course it was against the Jags defense. But, then again, that was the same Jags defense that held the vaunted Bills offense to 6 points in their victory over Buffalo in November. So, It's complicated. There's no doubt Mac sort of ran out of gas toward the end, but the entire team pretty much did.

Last edited:
No, I didn't forget. I based my assessment on his performance over the entire season. That's what every player deserves, but that just my opinion. I understand that recency bias is rampant these days. Then again speaking of recency, on January 2 which was the next to last regular season game, in the Patriots 50-10 victory over Jacksonville Jones was 22 for 30 for 227 yards, 3 TD passes and 0 interceptions. Of course it was against the Jags defense. But, then again, that was the same Jags defense that held the vaunted Bills offense to 6 points in their victory over Buffalo in November. So, It's complicated.
Overall, he did have a great rookie season...I'll give him that.

Overall, he did have a great rookie season...I'll give him that.
Yeah, that's all I was really trying to say. I actually just edited my post by adding g a sentence which acknowledges you're largely right about the end of the season.

Bringing BOB will not be easy- a few teams will be in the hunt. I like him at Bama and would like him with the Pats.

I'm worried about this, Daniel Jones looks like a completely different player since Joe Judge left.

I'm worried about this, Daniel Jones looks like a completely different player since Joe Judge left.

And no coincidence Mac looks like Daniel Jones now. like that movie Trading Places

Back