Mort

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, C'mon...

If there is a thread where we are discussing Chris Mortensen's reporting we can rip him and ESPN to our hearts content.

This is not the place for that.

This is about a human being facing a life threatening diagnosis.

No Karma, no qualifiers, just best wishes and the hope that he and his family have many more years together.

I say the Say samething . I said on FB
You can call me a asshole or whatever name you want .
My opinion of him will not change just because he has cancer. Cancer a horrible thing . It shouldn't change your opinion on the person.

I agree with the king.

If someone really bothers you. Gets under your skin. Agitated you. Is not generally a good guy.

Are you supposed to dismiss all that he brought upon himself and sympathize for him because he developed cancer?

Maybe I'm a bad person, but I'll save that sympathy for the nice people and the innocent kids that contract it daily.

I hope Mort can beat it, just like I hope all do. But it doesn't change any fact that he's a dick.

No one claiming Mort is suddenly a great guy, no one is saying Mort should not be hated for his deflategate crap.

I think we all know someone who has suffered cancer and are showing compassion for another human, that is it.

Mort is in most of our daily lives because we are passionate football fans, so posting this makes sense in a football based forum. I raised the question of what was up with Mort a while ago, had "medical issue" as an option. We all knew something was wrong with his speech and now we know what.

So some of us wish him well, there will be time enough for bashing if he makes it, no need to kick him while he is down and fighting against the odds.

Sometimes we put aside our feelings to just say "get well"

Some of you seem confused.

Showing empathy for someone does not mean you think they are a good person.

And the whole "there's starving AIDS stricken Ebola infected children dieing of cancer in Africa, why do you feel bad for this guy?" is garbage logic that only "edgy" 14 year olds on social media should use

I agree with the king.

If someone really bothers you. Gets under your skin. Agitated you. Is not generally a good guy.

Are you supposed to dismiss all that he brought upon himself and sympathize for him because he developed cancer?

Maybe I'm a bad person, but I'll save that sympathy for the nice people and the innocent kids that contract it daily.

I hope Mort can beat it, just like I hope all do. But it doesn't change any fact that he's a dick.

As I pointed out my mom had brain cancer. 3 of my friends had cancer. My opinions of them never changed . Mortensen went out his way to leak BS false reports. Refused to even admit he was wrong .

Some of you seem confused.

Showing empathy for someone does not mean you think they are a good person.

And the whole "there's starving AIDS stricken Ebola infected children dieing of cancer in Africa, why do you feel bad for this guy?" is garbage logic that only "edgy" 14 year olds on social media should use

Feel free to empathize everyone if you wish.

I know I will empathize whomever I choose. Regardless your thoughts on it.

As I pointed out my mom had brain cancer. 3 of my friends had cancer. My opinions of them never changed . Mortensen went out his way to leak BS false reports. Refused to even admit he was wrong .

That he did, he really dropped a deuce in the punch bowl.

He also reported so much more stuff over the years that was correct, possibly using the same leaks. You can't blame him for the NFL front office having it out for the Pats. Even if he pulled it within 5 minutes, it was out there and the NFL was coming.

I just choose to look past it in this case. Not forgetting it happened but putting it in perspective.

He also reported so much more stuff over the years that was correct, possibly using the same leaks. You can't blame him for the NFL front office having it out for the Pats. Even if he pulled it within 5 minutes, it was out there and the NFL was coming.

I just choose to look past it in this case. Not forgetting it happened but putting it in perspective.

No, I do not blame him for that, I blame him for after he found out the truth he made excuses and then lied about the pats apologizing to him. I am surprised he pulled it 6 months later, he got what he wanted. But the media does not really care about lies that drag people through the mud and cast doubt on them, that is what they do.

No, I do not blame him for that, I blame him for after he found out the truth he made excuses and then lied about the pats apologizing to him. I am surprised he pulled it 6 months later, he got what he wanted. But the media does not really care about lies that drag people through the mud and cast doubt on them, that is what they do.

Maybe his condition was the issue, we do not know how long and he did disappear for a long stretch. Maybe he was dealing with it and it just came back.

Maybe his condition was the issue, we do not know how long and he did disappear for a long stretch. Maybe he was dealing with it and it just came back.
Stage 4 means it spread. According to doctor told me . My friend was lucky he survived stage 4 cancer. They had to take out pieces of his insides to get rid of most of the cancer. He now on a lot of meds because of it.

Possible, but not sure it made him lie too. I know if I was media and I made a statement that trashed not only a team but a legendary player and coach and trashed their legacy, I think I would be a bit more up front about getting it off as soon as I could.

Possible, but not sure it made him lie too. I know if I was media and I made a statement that trashed not only a team but a legendary player and coach and trashed their legacy, I think I would be a bit more up front about getting it off as soon as I could.

I think Mikie's point is he may have other more pressing issues on his mind at the time. :shrug_n:

~Dee~

I've long believed the NFL 'asked' ESPN not to take down Mort's original story about the 11/12 balls.

First off no one on both sides of this issue has changed their view of him. We all feel the same about the reporter now as we did 4 days ago.

So for those saying well I'm not changing my mind about him just because he has cancer good because we all feel the same.

The difference being we all have a different approach to how we emotionally respond to the situation thats all.

Some of us feel pity for his plight
Some of us are showing compassion for the man because of his plight.
Some are sympathetic of what he's going to have to endure.
Some of us are empathetic knowing what he'll endure.
Some feel none of the above or they're neutral. Basically they could careless.

~Dee~

No one claiming Mort is suddenly a great guy, no one is saying Mort should not be hated for his deflategate crap.

I think we all know someone who has suffered cancer and are showing compassion for another human, that is it.

Mort is in most of our daily lives because we are passionate football fans, so posting this makes sense in a football based forum. I raised the question of what was up with Mort a while ago, had "medical issue" as an option. We all knew something was wrong with his speech and now we know what.

So some of us wish him well, there will be time enough for bashing if he makes it, no need to kick him while he is down and fighting against the odds.

Sometimes we put aside our feelings to just say "get well"

:clap:

The hate has zero to do with the man's character anyway.

If he'd damaged the Broncos/Jets/Colts with a similarly shitty piece of journalism, the sympathy in this thread would be universal.

The "he's a bad reporter" or a "he's a hypocrite" is a smokescreen. It starts and finishes with the fact he did it to the Patriots.

That that stuff can't get put aside when he's probably going to die of this is pretty tragic.

I've long believed the NFL 'asked' ESPN not to take down Mort's original story about the 11/12 balls.

Possible, but he did not have to come back and lie about it. He ran to get the story out as quick as he could and did not care who he buried in the process. Adam Schefter works for the same company, and they never made him do anything against the pats. It was just the opposite. He reported the truth and actually corrected OTL when they drummed up that BS about the ball boy trying to get tainted ball into game.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

:clap:

The hate has zero to do with the man's character anyway.

If he'd damaged the Broncos/Jets/Colts with a similarly shitty piece of journalism, the sympathy in this thread would be universal.

The "he's a bad reporter" or a "he's a hypocrite" is a smokescreen. It starts and finishes with the fact he did it to the Patriots.

That that stuff can't get put aside when he's probably going to die of this is pretty tragic.

Has everything to do with his character. Much better people die with cancer every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back