Mort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Mort, but I think he was as much a pawn in the manipulation machine of ESPN as the Patriots were. Maybe not as much, but he was manipulated.

I don't like Mort, but I think he was as much a pawn in the manipulation machine of ESPN as the Patriots were. Maybe not as much, but he was manipulated.

He was and I hope he gets healthy and returns to misreporting information again. I wish for everyone to beat cancer - fcancer

That said if he is not to recover, I hope he has a story written exposing ESPN and the NFL that clears his name in the deflategate story.

He was and I hope he gets healthy and returns to misreporting information again. I wish for everyone to beat cancer - fcancer

That said if he is not to recover, I hope he has a story written exposing ESPN and the NFL that clears his name in the deflategate story.

It's unlikely he'll recover at stage iv, but I was thinking the same thing about the whole whistleblower thing. Tell us who gave you the info and go in peace.

It is stunning this year how much karma or reaping as you sow has come back on those that were at the heart of DG. Anyone that touched that thing came out the worse for it but the main players have really not fared well at all this season. If I was the league, I would really consider dropping the second circuit appeal. I know they won't because they have no soul but I would.

It's unlikely he'll recover at stage iv, but I was thinking the same thing about the whole whistleblower thing. Tell us who gave you the info and go in peace.

Yeah pretty much this only 30% of those with stage 4 throat cancer survive beyond the 5 year mark sadly. I don't personally know the man so I find it hard to hate someone I've never met. Dislike what he said,wrote failed to correct sure. It's going to be a long painful road for him. A road I wouldn't wish upon anyone , well except a child murder, rapist, pedophile.

~Dee~

It is stunning this year how much karma or reaping as you sow has come back on those that were at the heart of DG. Anyone that touched that thing came out the worse for it but the main players have really not fared well at all this season. If I was the league, I would really consider dropping the second circuit appeal. I know they won't because they have no soul but I would.

Or coincidence NE did have a ton of injuries this year:shrug_n:

~Dee~

I think that's exactly my point. You judge him to be a worthless human being based on a bad piece of journalism he did on your favourite team.
As far as I know, our opinions of people are ours. Our reasons aren't your reasons. In fact, the same actions/character that can make someone a hero to me can make him a villain to you, and vice versa.

No one said Mortenson is worthless, just a journalist of the worst type: lying and conniving, and without ethics or morals. on.

I don't know anyone who thought Mortenson was an honorable person before he got cancer. I don't recall you EVER standing up for him in all the discussions in this forum. If you think getting cancer turns him into an honorable journalist with ethics, well, as I said, we all have our reasons to like or dislike people.

For me, I see it differently. Mortenson was a shitbag before and he's still a shitbag. I don't see how coming down with cancer makes him into a saint or changes his character in any way.

If you think getting cancer turns him into an honorable journalist with ethics, well, as I said, we all have our reasons to like or dislike people.

Just as no one has said he is a worthless human being, NO ONE has said he is now an honorable journalist with ethics. You're falling into the exact same hyperbole that you're arguing against.

I thought he was a shitty journalist in the past and I still think he is a shitty journalist. I don't think a thread about him getting cancer is the place to dump on his journalism once again.

No one said Mortenson is worthless.

Forgive me for thinking "he's a shitbag" and "he's a piece of crap" are synonymous with worthless.

Next time I take a shit, I'll have a look in the bowl and estimate how much I'd be able to get for it on ebay.

I don't think a thread about him getting cancer is the place to dump on his journalism once again.
A genuine discussion forum leitmotif. Someone begins a thread about one thing and some else see'a an opportunity to bring in a somewhat non-related thing that they want to talk about. Should stop worrying about that and remember what that shitbag Krafty has done to ruin all our lives. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Everyone makes mistakes, even journalists. It happens.

It's how you react to your mistakes that reveals your character as a person.

Mort is sitting on a fantastic story. He has first hand knowledge of someone in the NFL office abusing their power, leaking false information. He knows this. He knows the NFL was interested in letting bad information stay out there. We saw this in the fact they told to Patriots not to let the truth come out when the league finally got around to giving them the measurements.

As late as August, Mort tried to spin this by saying that if he hadn't said 11 out of 12 were 2 pounds below the limit that he wouldn't have been wrong and this is sin was one of being too detailed.

He also lied about Robert and Jonathon apologizing to him about his shoddy reporting.

I don't wish Mort dead.

But the fact is that we are all going to die. Like it or not, we are all going to face Judgement Day, and for Mort's sake, he better hope the Creator isn't a Patriots fan (although a case could be made that he or she is).

This. All of this.

And some of you can take your "fake messageboard classy" and shove it. I'm sure there is thread after thread about all the men, women and children who have gotten cancer before and since - who aren't completely hypocritical liars.

Must be in a hidden forum somewhere. Password protected. :coffee:

If Chris Carter got cancer of the ass for stuffing dicks in them he'd still be a dickhole.

I'd hope he'd beat his ass cancer, but he could just go stuff another one up there after.

A genuine discussion forum leitmotif. Someone begins a thread about one thing and some else see'a an opportunity to bring in a somewhat non-related thing that they want to talk about. Should stop worrying about that and remember what that shitbag Krafty has done to ruin all our lives. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

you really are a baby

This. All of this.

And some of you can take your "fake messageboard classy" and shove it. I'm sure there is thread after thread about all the men, women and children who have gotten cancer before and since - who aren't completely hypocritical liars.

Must be in a hidden forum somewhere. Password protected. :coffee:

This...Tommy for the win.

Nah, not fake classy.

Lost too many people to cancer, would never wish it on anyone.

That said, As I stated earlier, my hope is he feels the need to expose the leak and the connection between ESPN and the NFL about Spygate.

Nah, not fake classy.

Lost too many people to cancer, would never wish it on anyone.

That said, As I stated earlier, my hope is he feels the need to expose the leak and the connection between ESPN and the NFL about Spygate.

Sort of a come clean kinda thing. I do not think anyone, no matter how big of a goof he is wants him to die. I reserve that for Child molesters and people who hurt animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back