Name your five favorite non-reality TV shows that are in first run right now

I must admit I'm not a big TV watcher....just a few shows. They are:

Chuck (can't wait for this to return in March....GREAT SHOW)
NCIS (not the spinoff, just the original)
Burn Notice

That's about it for me.....

I do miss Scrubs....it was a great show. Not so interested in the upcoming spinoff.

I watch none of these shows.

Preference is National Geographic or Discovery
Some really good shows last night on prehistoric predatory land mammals.
Bear-Dog for the win but the Pig from Hell was bad assed too.
Most predatory species of that era lasted roughly 5 million years but there was a giant Hyena that lasted 10 million years, must have been a bad ass him/her self.

Oh, anything with Anthony Bourdain or Micheal Zimmerman is full of win too.
Man vs. Food

the Office
Parks and Recreation (VERY funny so far trhis year)
Flash Forward (seems to be finding it's legs very quickly)
Ed O'Neil's new show (can't think of the name of it, but his character has several Al Bundy-like qualities without being over-the-top...pretty funny)
30 Rock (anxiously awaiting the season premier)

History channel has a new series called "Clash of the Gods" where they examine historical myths and religions.

This weeks episode was on Thor and paganism.

Incredibly intresting IMO.

Ed O'Neil's new show (can't think of the name of it, but his character has several Al Bundy-like qualities without being over-the-top...pretty funny)

What night is it on?

I usually read books :rolleyes: at night to improve what mind I have left :) but last nite I watched JFK: 3 Shots that Changed America (PT1) on the History Channel and dvr'd PT2 overnite as well to watch later this week

absolutely spellbinding w/ rare uber-raw home videos and real-time B&W TV news feed-footage from back in The Day w/ reporter/anchors smokin' cigs on-air while interviewing little kids & everything :spock::doh:

/thread hi-jack ovah -- sorry :eek:

House
Fringe
The Mentalist
Lost

There are others, but those are tops.

I usually read books :rolleyes: at night to improve what mind I have left :) but last nite I watched JFK: 3 Shots that Changed America (PT1) on the History Channel and dvr'd PT2 overnite as well to watch later this week

absolutely spellbinding w/ rare uber-raw home videos and real-time B&W TV news feed-footage from back in The Day w/ reporter/anchors smokin' cigs on-air while interviewing little kids & everything :spock::doh:

/thread hi-jack ovah -- sorry :eek:

Kennedy shoulda put that hat on

What was his thing with hats?

you saw that too? :) that whole presenting the hat & boots thing was soo f'n cheesy-awkward to watch :shake:

Yeah, so much better than betting away Clam Chowder and Lobstah

Watched parts of it, wife had clicker control and was going back to Mermaid girl :hang:

All of mine have been listed (house, burn notice, true blood, Lost, Eureka, Rescue Me, Philly, etc..) but would like to add:

Glee
Bones
Smallville
Defying Gravity
South Park :)
Heroes
The Closer

Looking forward to Men of a Certain Age this December.

Yeah, we watch a lot of TV. Thank God for DVR.

the Office
Parks and Recreation (VERY funny so far trhis year)
Flash Forward (seems to be finding it's legs very quickly)
30 Rock (anxiously awaiting the season premier)

What night is it on?

It’s called Modern Family and it is one of the best new shows on TV. I have it ranked 5 on what I’m watching in this thread:thumb:

The Office
How I Met Your Mother
Big Bang Theory
Law & Order SVU
30 Rock

I watch CBS Monday night (on DVR) and NBC Thursday night.

I also cannot WAIT for the new season of Eastbound & Down.

Trying to avoid reading yet another gloomy "we lost and Tom Brady has also lost it" thread, so this one fills the bill.

My fave TV show that just finished its first run is Boston Legal. James Spader is terrific in his role and perinneal crackpot Bill Shatner is also perfect for his part. And Candace Bergen remains drop dead gorgeous at over 60. You go girl! Terrific acting. Topical plot lines (prolly hard to watch if you're in the right wing camp).

As for 1st run shows on now, I generally try to watch CSI (Las Vegas one is the only one I like - can't STAND David Caruso which nixes the Miami one) and The Mentalist (although the female lead is major annoying).

Best new show I try to always be home for: Lie To Me. Loving it.

I don't watch much. When I do watch tv I watch alot of reruns or Forensic Files.

That being said I am obsessed with Sons of Anarchy. The story line is awesome, I LOVE Katey Segal's character, and I want to do bad things to Jax.

Back