They couldn't win a faceoff during the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and into OT. It seemed like the last 10-11 minutes of the game were spent entirely in the B's end of the ice. They essentially have the Baby B's out there on defense.

And in other news, Chicago down 0-3 to Nashville. And the Caps struggling against the Leafs.

Chara is a mere shadow of himself now. I thought Cross played well considering it was his first NHL playoff game. Overall, Rask needs to play better (rinse, repeat, eternity)

Chara is a mere shadow of himself now. I thought Cross played well considering it was his first NHL playoff game. Overall, Rask needs to play better (rinse, repeat, eternity)

Cross lost his stick and then his feet, crawling around like a drunken sailor looking for the porcelain God on the 2nd goal.

Then loses the Sens most dangerous F by a stride and a half for the simple give and go game winner. Looks like a career AHL guy. Guys been here forever. 27 and still listed as a prospect.

I give him props for trying, but he was clearly overmatched.

Rask is a hard sell for me. He never deserved that huge contract afforded to multiple cup winners like Quick, but he got it. He'll have good to great games. But I don't trust him to stand on his head and singlehandedly win a series like his peers do.

It sucks to go thru as long and let's face it - boring - a season to get to this point and be a mash unit. It looks like we get 2 back Wednesday ( Miller and Carlo). That'll go a long way in changing our fortunes. Then if we can ever get Krug back....

Don't know if time is on our side right now.

They couldn't win a faceoff during the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and into OT. It seemed like the last 10-11 minutes of the game were spent entirely in the B's end of the ice. They essentially have the Baby B's out there on defense.

And in other news, Chicago down 0-3 to Nashville. And the Caps struggling against the Leafs.

Sounds of spring in the DC area-

birds singing

tourists on the Mall

Caps coughing up a hairball

fukking team needs an exorcist at this point.

I thought the Bruins owned the 3rd and Ottawa was on their heels pretty much that whole period, I don't know how they didn't score. I didn't get to see the OT but from what I heard the penalty that was called was very marginal, especially for the playoffs.

Backes played his ass off and I was hoping he was going to know the shit out of Phaneuf before the game was over. I still believe this one is going at least 6 games if not 7. Happy to see Chicago down 0-3 and the Caps down to the Leafs 1-2 (though I hate the Leafs, I hate the Caps more). There was some excellent hockey on tv last night.

I thought the Bruins owned the 3rd and Ottawa was on their heels pretty much that whole period, I don't know how they didn't score. I didn't get to see the OT but from what I heard the penalty that was called was very marginal, especially for the playoffs.

Backes played his ass off and I was hoping he was going to know the shit out of Phaneuf before the game was over. I still believe this one is going at least 6 games if not 7. Happy to see Chicago down 0-3 and the Caps down to the Leafs 1-2 (though I hate the Leafs, I hate the Caps more). There was some excellent hockey on tv last night.

There's nothing in sports like OT hockey.

Yeah. That's not gonna work for me. Busy tomorrow night.

Record it, that's what I do when I know I'm going to miss a Bruins game. The games always start at 3 up here and I don't get home until almost 4:30 but it works out well because I can fast forward through all the commercials.

Looks like the end of the line for the B's unless they can figure out how to beat Ottawa's defense. Win or go home time on Friday.

Looks like the end of the line for the B's unless they can figure out how to beat Ottawa's defense. Win or go home time on Friday.

This team only has one scoring line, and it isn't scoring. Also, beat up, no Krug and Carlo is killer.

Moving forward, Sweeney needs to swing some deals - something he hasn't been real good at. The drafting has been great, but this team has dead weight with Hayes, Beleskey and Krecji, who needs to go - but nobody is going to want that contract..

This team only has one scoring line, and it isn't scoring. Also, beat up, no Krug and Carlo is killer.

Moving forward, Sweeney needs to swing some deals - something he hasn't been real good at. The drafting has been great, but this team has dead weight with Hayes, Beleskey and Krecji, who needs to go - but nobody is going to want that contract..

Agree on the drafting comment, that McAvoy kid is going to be a star for this team, really impressed with his play for someone just coming out of college a few weeks ago.

I get the feeling Marchand is going to do something stupid every time he is on the ice, I just hope he can keep his emotions in check.

But with that said, I will be rooting them on tomorrow night and hoping for a win and another game in the Garden.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

This and Celtics current sitch. Ugh. TGFTP (Thank God for the Patriots)

I'm not a big basketball guy but the Celtics look like they don't even belong in the playoffs. Maybe they will play better on the road.

I know it's sacrilege right now, given the situation, but once the playoff run ends I'd add Chara to that list. Unless they can come to grips and actually significantly reduce his minutes. Less would be way more with him. And he should probably have the least PP minutes amongst this group of D.

I know it's sacrilege right now, given the situation, but once the playoff run ends I'd add Chara to that list. Unless they can come to grips and actually significantly reduce his minutes. Less would be way more with him. And he should probably have the least PP minutes amongst this group of D.

I'm not against moving him. Next year is his last and at a 4 million dollar cap hit, someone would take him. I guess the question is, does keeping him to mentor Carlo & McVoy make sense?

I think they could limit his minutes next year, but they've been talking about it and not doing it for years now..

Back