Oh by the way - Deflategate2?

Is it silly because the ideal gas law means that ball pressure is reduced on cold days, and therefore no cheating by the Steelers occurred?

Is that why it's silly?

Mainly because thanks to Pats fiasco, officials have full custody of balls? :shrug:

Also, Roger's disingenuous statement that "proper protocol was followed" is pure garbage. I guess sticking a needle gauge into two footballs on the sideline by the Giants is now considered proper protocol???

But better yet, Mara comes out and says "Nothing to see here." Sort of the exact opposite of what he said when it came to the Patriots and he stuck his ass into a federal courtroom to side with the league.

Utter garbage. F*ck the NFL.

There are two answers to this-

the logical answer

the ignorant hater douchebag answer*

*this one is particularly comical when given by people who live in cold climates

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

We all know that James Harrison is on the same Goodell Christmas card list as Brady.

Well except that Harrison is actually a piece of shit, not that 31 owners are tired of losing to the patriots.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Mainly because thanks to Pats fiasco, officials have full custody of balls? :shrug:

So I will ask what I have asked 20 times now, how did the steelers balls that the giants measured get to 11.3 and 11.5.

Well except that Harrison is actually a piece of shit, not that 31 owners are tired of losing to the patriots.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

So I will ask what I have asked 20 times now, how did the steelers balls that the giants measured get to 11.3 and 11.5.

C'mon man. The Patriots "embedded " officials were clearly working the game. :coffee:

How did the Giants stick gauges with needles in the balls if the officials have full custody?

And if the Giants have gauges with needles on the sidelines, what makes you think the Steelers don't?

How do you know, for certain, that the Steelers didn't deflate the balls themselves?

And yes, this is silly, I don't think for a second that any human caused ball deflation to happen.

It didn't happen in the Steelers-Giants game in 2016. It didn't happen in 2014, either.

So what exactly has changed in how the balls are handled since the AFCCG?

Do the offensive teams still provide the balls, inflate them to their liking, and submit them to the Refs for checking?

Does someone working for the home team still carry them out to the field?

So what's different?

How did the Giants stick gauges with needles in the balls if the officials have full custody?

And if the Giants have gauges with needles on the sidelines, what makes you think the Steelers don't?

How do you know, for certain, that the Steelers didn't deflate the balls themselves?

And yes, this is silly, I don't think for a second that any human caused ball deflation to happen.

It didn't happen in the Steelers-Giants game in 2016. It didn't happen in 2014, either.

I just need someone from the NFL to tell me how the steelers balls got to 11.5. I have yet to hear the answer.

I just need someone from the NFL to tell me how the steelers balls got to 11.5. I have yet to hear the answer.

You won't hear one.

This is just Mara and Rooney tweaking Kraft again - "Ha Ha, let's pretend to have some more deflation and have the commissioner, the networks, and everyone else just ignore it. How do you like them apples, Robert?"

Planeteers, if you look back, I was in your corner in all the BS. I didn't pay attention to all the details. I thought a new procedure in the handling of the balls was put in place to prevent future accusations.

Maybe because he's 37 years old, and was listed in the Manning report?

Not to mention the four-decade-long history of extensive PED usage from the Steelers franchise.

The persecution of those poor, innocent Steelers I tell ya. :coffee:

Sticking both middle fingers out at you. no coffee.

Planeteers, if you look back, I was in your corner in all the BS. I didn't pay attention to all the details. I thought a new procedure in the handling of the balls was put in place to prevent future accusations.

There were two ways of being on our side and only one means a lot to me. Don't recall which you were. The good ones on our side were those who didn't believe for a minute that Tom was guilty of anything and saw it all as a lynching. The not so good ones are those who won't avow Toms integrity but say rather, that it was a big deal over a trivial infraction. The cake and eat it crowd. Lots of great folk in that group I'm sure, but they don't make my Xmas card list.

Cheers

Cheers, BostonTim

Excuse me :hello: I thought having needles on the sidelines was now against the NFL rules so no one could tamper with balls to begin with :shrug_n:

Supposedly, all the balls are to be tested before the game, but any mid game testing is done in super secret random tests by the NFL that they put in files that are then stored in the same warehouse where they store the arc of the covenant.

excuse me :hello: I thought having needles on the sidelines was now against the nfl rules so no one could tamper with balls to begin with :shrug_n:
this is the only thing that needs to be addressed, since no formal complaint was filed one would have to assume the admission of testing the balls is enough to investigate and to strike for the henchmen of rog.

Will not happen because the ball level is low in the nfl front office.

What Goodell is basically saying when he says "protocols were followed" is that the balls didn't accompany an equipment manager into the bathroom for 100 seconds.

The Steelers did absolutely nothing wrong here (nor did the Patriots). The balls were legal when the game started the cold weather dropped the PSI. Punishing the Steelers would be the old "two wrongs do not make a right", but it's unfortunate the league is unwilling to admit they made a mistake with the Patriots and offer some sort of restitution. Never gonna happen, but it should.

Back