OT: Brag about your Kids thread

My 15 year old was among 860 kids that auditioned for a summer camp atbThe Frank Sinatra School of Performing Arts. Only 22 kids are chosen.....she was one of the 22. Second time in three yrs for her. The camp is taught by Broadway professionals

Awesomeness. Sounds like fun as well.

my 15 year old was among 860 kids that auditioned for a summer camp atbthe frank sinatra school of performing arts. Only 22 kids are chosen.....she was one of the 22. Second time in three yrs for her. The camp is taught by broadway professionals
wow, that is some odds to make it, congrats!!

My 15 year old was among 860 kids that auditioned for a summer camp atbThe Frank Sinatra School of Performing Arts. Only 22 kids are chosen.....she was one of the 22. Second time in three yrs for her. The camp is taught by Broadway professionals

Congrats to your daughter!!!!

~Dee~

Talked to my boy last night, he was sad school was over. He had tried out for the Math team and the teacher, who was old when I went to the school, had some recent health issues so he was not sure if he made the team.

He found out today he made the Math team and is off to pick up a geometry book to teach himself over the summer. The kid is brilliant and has been in gifted classes from the beginning, so this just really picked him up and made his summer.

as for the girl, she has taken up Boxing for her new workout regime. Like her brother she takes two math classes a year in HS but she works her but off and Boxing is the perfect sport for her.

I couldn't be happier for both of them. He is keeping his mind occupied while she is getting out and finding a sport she enjoys.

Talked to my boy last night, he was sad school was over. He had tried out for the Math team and the teacher, who was old when I went to the school, had some recent health issues so he was not sure if he made the team.

He found out today he made the Math team and is off to pick up a geometry book to teach himself over the summer. The kid is brilliant and has been in gifted classes from the beginning, so this just really picked him up and made his summer.

as for the girl, she has taken up Boxing for her new workout regime. Like her brother she takes two math classes a year in HS but she works her but off and Boxing is the perfect sport for her.

I couldn't be happier for both of them. He is keeping his mind occupied while she is getting out and finding a sport she enjoys.

Congrats to all, Mikie. You done good. :thumb:

It's been great following your kids as they've grown into young adults. Congrats to them and congrats to you on a job well done.

It's been great following your kids as they've grown into young adults. Congrats to them and congrats to you on a job well done.

This right here. It has been an amazing adventure to see them grow. You are a great dad and they are wonderful children. Job well done on all sides from all of you.

My 10 y/o is a bit of a dufus, physically. But he loves baseball and despite the fact I would say he has the eye-hand coordination of an extremely elderly Ray Charles, he has always been a decent hitter.

Last year he moved up a level and was on a team where he barely knew anyone (which I think bothered him out of the gate). To my surprise, he didn't hit well to start the season. But midway through the year, he made some serious adjustments and teams could barely get him out. He was on base 4 times in each of his playoff games and was just a menace. Fast-forward to this year and he's kept it going all season. Batted .500 for the full season and led the team in RBI.

Had his first summer ball game the other night and he was on base 4 times.

He is still a bit of a train wreck in the field, but he's made strides there, as well. In my mind, he's got enough deficiencies in his defensive game to be considered for an all star team, but he drew some attention this year. At one point last year, I was thinking he may not ever play again past that season, let alone progress toward all star consideration.

Nevertheless, surprised and proud of my not-so-little Tony Armas. His hard work is paying off. The big dufus.

My 10 y/o is a bit of a dufus, physically. But he loves baseball and despite the fact I would say he has the eye-hand coordination of an extremely elderly Ray Charles, he has always been a decent hitter.

Last year he moved up a level and was on a team where he barely knew anyone (which I think bothered him out of the gate). To my surprise, he didn't hit well to start the season. But midway through the year, he made some serious adjustments and teams could barely get him out. He was on base 4 times in each of his playoff games and was just a menace. Fast-forward to this year and he's kept it going all season. Batted .500 for the full season and led the team in RBI.

He is still a bit of a train wreck in the field, but he's made strides there, as well. In my mind, he's got enough deficiencies in his defensive game to be considered for an all star team, but he drew some attention this year. At one point last year, I was thinking he may not ever play again past that season, let alone progress toward all star consideration.

Nevertheless, surprised and proud of my not-so-little Tony Armas. His hard work is paying off. The big dufus.

Good to hear. If he’s 10 he’s obviously got some development ahead and you’d think if he keeps working he’ll do even better. Most kids really get it going around 13 was always my observation when mine were playing sports.
He sounds like me, the train wreck in the field comment made me chuckle. That was me in Little League. Big bat, not so much with the glove.

ah he is still a puppy and is growing into himself still.

The idea of being a bad-ass bat in the lineup is a wonderful thing. A perfect all-star type player to lead you off and get the other team out of their comfort zone.

It will come, maybe he is a lefty you have playing right handed :D

Good to hear. If he’s 10 he’s obviously got some development ahead and you’d think if he keeps working he’ll do even better. Most kids really get it going around 13 was always my observation when mine were playing sports.
He sounds like me, the train wreck in the field comment made me chuckle. That was me in Little League. Big bat, not so much with the glove.

Exactly. 13 is when I broke through as a legitimate ballplayer. Our in-town league is kind of a joke. They try to rush through the regular season to get to the district tournament. If there are rainouts, they'll replace your practice times with games because the regular season HAS to be wrapped up before tournament play begins. They sacrifice the development of 90+% of the league so 12 kids at each age level can play in an all star tournament. Crazy.

I am looking forward to the day when some of these coaches kids are surpassed by a few of the so-called "train wrecks" from when they were younger. I've seen it 100 times in my life, I expect to see it 100 more times.

...maybe he is a lefty you have playing right handed :D
God, do I wish it was this. I am the youngest of 7 and the only lefty in the bunch. My first year in baseball, I was so screwed up because everyone tried to teach me as if I were a righty from a young age.

And you'd think I could have lucked out and had at least ONE of my boys also be a lefty, but nooooooooooo.

as a lefty, I feel your pain but I had one relative close by who helped me. he helped so much I do everything right handed but throw and write..

Yeah the three dads getting together to coach their 5 kids suck and when an outsider breaks thru it is a thing of beauty. Makes me happy to see.

After all the issues we had with him in high school, Jr is now starting his 3rd year of college. Got in to Towson after 2 years at HCC, currently carrying a cumulative 3.3 GPA.

I don't care about his gradepoint, justmake sure he keeps smacking down the ratbird fans.

(j/k Congrats, jr.)

Cheers, BostonTim

I have good kids, not bragging but because all their friends parents ask for them when their kids can bring a friend.

This summer my daughter has been to Myrtle beach for a week with friends, turned down trips to Iowa and Upper Michigan and is currently in Maine.

That is where twice this week she has gone beyond 16 year old kid.

Tuesday she is canoeing with friends when a drunk group goes by. Shortly after they catch up to the group and one drunk chick falls out and starts to drown, she can’t swim. My girl jumps in and swims over, grabs the girl and throws her drunk ass back into the canoe she was in. Hey boyfriend, who didn’t react is all thankful to my girl for saving his chick.

Girl tells me she helped a woman who couldn’t get int a canoe she fell out of. The friends dad called to tell me the whole story as he watched it.

Today said dad rented a speed boat to take kids tubing. Three teenage girls on a tube is never good. Well he somehow gets the tube to submerge. Seeing it my girl (we had a boat and tubes at one time) jumps off but the other two take in water and are choking as my girl swims over and tosses both back on the tube. The dad panicked and fell in the water, submerging his insulin pump. Told me he was petrified for the two girls but that my girl just calmly swam over and took both by the life jacket and placed them on the tube and swam behind it pushing it to the boat while the dad tried to get out of the water.

So three days in Maine and she saves three people because she is a fish.

Best part is she tells me they fell off tube and things were fun. I think she was protecting the dad because he can’t drive a boat and thought I would get protective.

But again the dad called to tell me my kid sent from God to protect them this week.

I really didn’t believe it was that dramatic but he insist it really was. Especially the drunk chick.

This happens while a kid drowns yesterday in my town, I think that made it all the more scary.

Back