OT: Brag about your Kids thread

thats fantastic. oh if you like country music .... I loved her first...

~Dee~
OK. Going to get air pods....

I am a glass or two into this bottle of cabernet... going to listen.

OK. Going to get air pods....

I am a glass or two into this bottle of cabernet... going to listen.

I may be a glass or 3 into a cab myself but I"m off the clock for the weekend lol. My daughter chose it for her daddy daughter dance ....there wasnt a dry eye in the building.

I may be a glass or 3 into a cab myself but I"m off the clock for the weekend lol. My daughter chose it for her daddy daughter dance ....there wasnt a dry eye in the building.

I listened twice. It played again before I could compose myself.

I do love her first.

Lilly along with mom and Sparty.

1633747770541.png

I’m not going to lie I’ve live a charmed life but the song struck everyone... as I said I had the honor/ privilege to be my daughter matron of honor so when she asked me to helped her pick the best song ...... well that song was perfect and I’m not a big country fan lol.

Good luck your going to need it lol

~Dee~

One of the things I'm still struggling with is how I can be the best father to my kids while enjoying my work. Right now, I still get time with my kids before I go to work and with two days off during the week, it isn't bad. Once both kids his kindergarten and above, if I'm on a m-f 4pm to midnight shift, I will miss things. I want my kids to get into sports, but I don't want to depend on others to get them to games and practice. I don't neccarily want day shift (if that is ever an option) either. I also don't want to leave my field as I'm going to be getting more money per hour starting next year then any years past including after 17.5 years at my previous job. My job is also enjoyable and I have been in the field for 20 years. How do I balance both career, family and myself? Bad part right now is that I work noon to 8pm every weekend, that just kills even weekend family time.

One of the things I'm still struggling with is how I can be the best father to my kids while enjoying my work. Right now, I still get time with my kids before I go to work and with two days off during the week, it isn't bad. Once both kids his kindergarten and above, if I'm on a m-f 4pm to midnight shift, I will miss things. I want my kids to get into sports, but I don't want to depend on others to get them to games and practice. I don't neccarily want day shift (if that is ever an option) either. I also don't want to leave my field as I'm going to be getting more money per hour starting next year then any years past including after 17.5 years at my previous job. My job is also enjoyable and I have been in the field for 20 years. How do I balance both career, family and myself? Bad part right now is that I work noon to 8pm every weekend, that just kills even weekend family time.

Balance is so hard.

We had three kids in 33 months. Three.

When they started hitting HS I gave up my position in global management and took a position that was less lucrative. It was such a good decision. The time with kids has been so worth it.

Last edited:

Let me back off, Absolutely as stong a supporter of the thin blue line as possible. I applaud your son. I applaud you since you obviously raised him right. And get your ass to florida. Winters on the way and it's warm their. I am so grateful for his work.

I hope you recognized my response as just another bt attempt a humor. ;)

Cheers, :toast:

So my addict son (ex addict for 15+ mos now) dropped by to see and comfort his sister (Vegas tragedy witness). Brought his guitar. Haven't heard him play in a while.OMG. He's really talented, This has been a beautiful evening for me. Not sure why I needed to share. But I did.
Proud Dad.
Sorry to bring an old post up but this was awesome. Positive prayers for the same going forward.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I am curious. Were you able to solve?

So many opportunities these days.

I don’t go in at noon anymore, so sorta. Switched departments so I start at 3. When not in school, allows for more time on weekends. It is a great solution, not totally but I like my job so I really don’t want to leave. Plus paying 15 an hour in my area is really good.

I had almost forgotten about this thread. Our oldest is a Sophomore at KU and hasn't washed out of the Aerospace Engineering program yet. :ROFLMAO: It's been rough but he's still clinging to his academic scholarship. Our youngest is a Sophomore in high school. He's not quite as studious as his big brother but he's keeping his grades up. He's like a celebrity with all of the old folks at the nursing home that he is a dietary aid at. We were starting to wonder if he was ever going to grow and then he had his sports physical. He had grown 9 1/2" in the last 18 months. :oops: He hadn't played any sports this year up until now but he started tennis a couple weeks ago. It will be good to start leaving work early again to watch some sporting events. 🤘

Back