OT: Brag about your Kids thread

Huge weekend for us. Our oldest son graduated from High School with highest honors. Of course the traditional ceremony was postponed so they went with a "virtual" ceremony for the time being. It was streamed online so our friends and family from all across the country could watch. It was really cool but still just wasn't the same although this was the first graduation where I could drink a beer and eat some of our favorite sliders while watching. We had a surprise visit from the principal on Friday to inform us that Grant had been selected for the Citizenship Award. We kept it a secret from the rest of the family so I it would be a surprise for them while watching it online. The school still plans to have a ceremony for them in late July if everything has settled down by then. Then we will hopefully be able to have the big reception that we had wanted for him.

Huge weekend for us. Our oldest son graduated from High School with highest honors. Of course the traditional ceremony was postponed so they went with a "virtual" ceremony for the time being. It was streamed online so our friends and family from all across the country could watch. It was really cool but still just wasn't the same although this was the first graduation where I could drink a beer and eat some of our favorite sliders while watching. We had a surprise visit from the principal on Friday to inform us that Grant had been selected for the Citizenship Award. We kept it a secret from the rest of the family so I it would be a surprise for them while watching it online. The school still plans to have a ceremony for them in late July if everything has settled down by then. Then we will hopefully be able to have the big reception that we had wanted for him.

What a fine looking young man. Congratulations

And I take it his mom is one smart lady. Highest Honors!!!

Cheers :toast:.

Reactions: Alk
What a fine looking young man. Congratulations

And I take it his mom is one smart lady. Highest Honors!!!

Cheers :toast:.

He definitely didn't get it from me. I would say maybe it came from his real Dad but he looks too much like me. ROFL

Congratulation to your son and to the proud parents.

TBEYXyi_d.jpg

I’ll brag after 12/27. :dbanana:

congrats to the boy!!!! despite you he is ok!!!

TBEYXyi_d.jpg

I’ll brag after 12/27. :dbanana:
congrats, the greatest of days will be soon, nothing better than when the kid is hatched!

my daughter is a freshman aviation major and yesterday was her 1st time doing the complete ground check to take off to landing trip with school.

I am so happy for her, it is amazing how well she taking to college.

We dropped our son off at The University of Kansas on Saturday and Monday was his first day of classes. He passed his first test (COVID) with flying colors!! Most of his classes are online. I think he has one hybrid class where they meet in person part of the time but also do some online stuff. He seems to be doing well so far. It probably helps that he's rooming with one of his friends from high school. His mom seems to be holding up reasonably well too. ROFL

We sent our youngest off to his first day of high school this morning. T-minus four years until an empty nest...hopefully.

Our oldest is finishing up finals for his first semester this week. He doesn't really talk about grades much other than he's doing well enough to hold onto his scholarship. He completed his first team project in aerospace engineering and made the team's video. His mom and I both watched in awe...she may have teared up a bit. He doesn't see what the big deal is. :ROFLMAO:

View: https://youtu.be/TM0XHTjNqfM

Our oldest is finishing up finals for his first semester this week. He doesn't really talk about grades much other than he's doing well enough to hold onto his scholarship. He completed his first team project in aerospace engineering and made the team's video. His mom and I both watched in awe...she may have teared up a bit. He doesn't see what the big deal is. :ROFLMAO:

View: https://youtu.be/TM0XHTjNqfM

OUTSTSANDING! I enjoyed the heck out of that video.

OUTSTSANDING! I enjoyed the heck out of that video.
Thank you. I take all of the credit for the music selection. He was going with Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver when I suggested Learning to Fly. He was mad that he didn't think of that one. I told him if they get an A that it's all because of me.

Beautiful kids, man. Congrats and love them with all you got.

I never had children, on purpose, but my best friend Jo has 4 grandkids that I am absolutely in love with.

Me know way children are the future .....

~Dee~

I have 7 real plus 2 beautiful extra ..... plus patience children, children are incredible just saying.

~Dee~

Back