OT: Brag about your Kids thread

Boy I do wonder just how good a Mom I am these days..apparently my 17 year old thinks I am the worst thing ever. :)

When I was 17 not too long ago, my mom was 'teh. worstest. mom. evar'.

After reality bitchslaps you in freshman or sophomore year, 'teh. worstest. mom. evar.' becomes the best thing since sliced bread. ROFL

:sulk: I don't smoke dope so I guess I should take my "girly" intellect elsewhere.

>)

I don't fail, I win. Just not in this thread....:)

Or in midi golf.

The correct response is:

"You don't KNOW anyone named Johnny Hopkins."

Then I would post:

"It was Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazing that shit up every day.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGH2d1jBJu8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Jeebus people. :coffee:

When I was 17 not too long ago, my mom was 'teh. worstest. mom. evar'.

After reality bitchslaps you in freshman or sophomore year, 'teh. worstest. mom. evar.' becomes the best thing since sliced bread. ROFL

Yeah Believe me I know there is karma attached to this in a big way.:) We are doing OK considering. I just let him live his life as long as he does well in school and keeps his nose clean.:)

The correct response is:

"You don't KNOW anyone named Johnny Hopkins."

Then I would post:

"It was Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazing that shit up every day.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGH2d1jBJu8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Jeebus people. :coffee:

ROFL I need to do a Will Farrell marathon weekend methinks..

My daughter (my one and only child) just graduated from the University of Florida, and will be moving to DC to attend grad school at Johns Hopkins! Although I always thought of it as a medical school, apparently it has the top program in the country for non-profit administration, which is what she wants to do. She may just have the rare opportunity to make a good living at something she really enjoys. Also, she is the 1st person in our entire family to attend grad school. Heck, she is the 1st one to complete a bachelors (Me and 1 of my cousins are the only ones to have completed an associates).
My baby has grown into a smart, lovely, nice and responsible young lady and I couldn't be more proud of her. She's living proof that not every single-mom raised girl ends up a stripper with daddy issues taking paternity tests on Jerry Springer. :thumb: :D

Okay I have to stop now because I'm getting a little misty eyed and I hate that!

Thanks for this thread so I could get my brag on too, and props to all the other proud parents and their kids! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yay!!!

:toast:

My daughter (my one and only child) just graduated from the University of Florida, and will be moving to DC to attend grad school at Johns Hopkins! Although I always thought of it as a medical school, apparently it has the top program in the country for non-profit administration, which is what she wants to do. She may just have the rare opportunity to make a good living at something she really enjoys. Also, she is the 1st person in our entire family to attend grad school. Heck, she is the 1st one to complete a bachelors (Me and 1 of my cousins are the only ones to have completed an associates).
My baby has grown into a smart, lovely, nice and responsible young lady and I couldn't be more proud of her. She's living proof that not every single-mom raised girl ends up a stripper with daddy issues taking paternity tests on Jerry Springer. :thumb: :D

Okay I have to stop now because I'm getting a little misty eyed and I hate that!

Thanks for this thread so I could get my brag on too, and props to all the other proud parents and their kids! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

First off, :thumb: That is awesome.

Now the bad news. Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore, not D.C. D.C. Is great as long as you stay out of SouthEast. This is not hard to do because almost no roads lead to or from SouthEast - you really have to work hard to accidentalluy end up there.

Baltimore, on the other hand, is a nice little town for about a 1 block radius around the inner harbor, a 2 block radius around Camden Yards, and a 1 block radius around the JHU campus. Then there's the rest of the city. :spock:
Posted via Mobile Device

Started this thread when my oldest (Luke) was 5....he's now 9. Anyhow, most recent bragging achievements:

Won First place in his cub scout pack Pinewood derby race with a car completely designed by him. Went to a regional competition and took 5th in his age group. Not too shabby.

His baseball team went to the championships. They lost. He was still happy though because he has friends that were on the winning team. He's a good sport, win or lose. :party:

Still an AWESOME student.

As for the little one....Brady is now 5 and going to Kindergarten this year. He can't wait to ride the bus by himself.

Kid is tough as nails. Dunno where he gets that because his parents and older brother are wussies.

he loves music. Will bust out some sweet break dancing moves if ya throw some Biz Markie on. Plays an awesome air guitar if ya throw on some SRV. And he can bang his head with the best of them if ya give him a little System of a Down or whatever.

:rockon:

First off, :thumb: That is awesome.

Now the bad news. Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore, not D.C. D.C. Is great as long as you stay out of SouthEast. This is not hard to do because almost no roads lead to or from SouthEast - you really have to work hard to accidentalluy end up there.

Baltimore, on the other hand, is a nice little town for about a 1 block radius around the inner harbor, a 2 block radius around Camden Yards, and a 1 block radius around the JHU campus. Then there's the rest of the city. :spock:
Posted via Mobile Device

They have a campus in DC, too. It's on Mass ave. Heck they even have a small facility in Columbia MD near where I live.

Also, not to defend Baltimore too much, but there are actually a handful of decent areas in that city now - gentrification and all. Still, most of it is shit.

As for the kid bragging stuff, I am not sure I can brag about much. Seems like the most skillful thing my kid can do right now is smear pasta and other food all over his face while mashing as much as possible into his mouth. It is a little impressive, but this kid will need to do a lot of sports or end up a 1400 pound guiness record book entry.

They have a campus in DC, too. It's on Mass ave. Heck they even have a small facility in Columbia MD near where I live.
I managed to totally miss this, I guess. :shrug:

Also, not to defend Baltimore too much, but there are actually a handful of decent areas in that city now - gentrification and all. Still, most of it is shit.
Ehhhhh, no sale, sorry.

As for the kid bragging stuff, I am not sure I can brag about much. Seems like the most skillful thing my kid can do right now is smear pasta and other food all over his face while mashing as much as possible into his mouth. It is a little impressive, but this kid will need to do a lot of sports or end up a 1400 pound guiness record book entry.
A skill that is critical in developing many other skills. And/or fat.

I am very fortunate to be the dad of one son who is the smartest and funniest person I know as well as a little dOOd who is the cutest kid I know (he's still only 18-months so the jury's out on him being as funny or as smart as his big bro but man can he reduce even the toughest of tough guys to a puddle with his sweetness).

Here's my little man sound asleep last night. Kid's so charming, he can even turn it on in his sleep.

View attachment 83106

I am very fortunate to be the dad of one son who is the smartest and funniest person I know as well as a little dOOd who is the cutest kid I know (he's still only 18-months so the jury's out on him being as funny or as smart as his big bro but man can he reduce even the toughest of tough guys to a puddle with his sweetness).

Here's my little man sound asleep last night. Kid's so charming, he can even turn it on in his sleep.

View attachment 83106

Awesome.

Sounds like you described my son, expcet he's 6.

The kid is always happy and smiling, and talking up a storm.

Lat night we lost power for a bit, he was asking me questions and was worried he wouldn't be able to watch tv, or play WII again.ROFL

Guess I never posted in this thread. My daughter rules >)

I moved my baby girl to IU yesterday. :( I miss her terribly! She must miss me too, cause she's called and texted and facebooked messages to me all day today. But she's smart, responsible, and tough... She'll be fine! I admire her greatly!

My oldest son, Grant just turned 9. He started his first season of tackle football and I signed up to help coach. They're practicing in full pads now and he has spent the last two practices at starting RG. He had his heart set on being a QB but after two days of smashing people I think he's slowly falling in love with the trenches. By the way, his actual number is 55. The 88 is just his practice jersey.

39649_429662567400_728742400_5370392_473764_n.jpg

40050_429662582400_728742400_5370393_5071524_n.jpg

Back