OT: Greatest Cereal

I'm with LW, Apple Jacks are the shiznit. Honorable mentions go to cinnamon life (but it makes you poop monkey tails), cinnamon toast crunch (farts of death), and fruity pebbles (agree with MD's "hard to eat alone" and the "gets squishy in milk too quick" arguments, but when they're "on", man, they are good!)

Just had my fav.

Quaker Apple Cinnamon packet micro'd w/water.

Stir in small Motts cinnamon applesauce and 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed.

Chase with a Met-Rx Protein Plus bar.

Yummy.

Fantastic for ya and it tastes like I'm polishing off candy ova hea!

As for cold cereal w/milk?

Grape-Nuts in a landslide.

Once you get used to eating them you can just forage off the ground and eat anything. Seeds, sticks, small rocks. Pffft! Whatever!

I had this big rock sticking out of my lawn, but once I got used to eating Grape-Nuts I just ate the rock a little at a time.

As for cold cereal w/milk?

Grape-Nuts in a landslide.

Once you get used to eating them you can just forage off the ground and eat anything. Seeds, sticks, small rocks. Pffft! Whatever!

I had this big rock sticking out of my lawn, but once I got used to eating Grape-Nuts I just ate the rock a little at a time.
ROFL

Come on. Like you didn't see this thread coming.

It has to be Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Has to. I devoured a box of that little, cinnamon covered graham cracker goodness yesterday and am anxiously awaiting killing another box (or two...) this evening.

Cinnamon Toast Crack. That stuff never lasts a day in my house.

If I'm watching the tube at night and there happens to be a box of CT Crack in the cupboard, I grab that box the minute the wife goes to bed. Later I find myself with an empty box, staring at a late night rerun of Sports center, wondering where the last 3 hours of my life went.

Then I pull the inner bag from the box. There's gotta be close to a pound of sugar, cinnamon, and cereal residue at the bottom of every bag. This is the most potent...and dangerous... form of Cinnamon Toast Crack. I pour the crack directly into my mouth. The sh1t is running down my cheeks, down my shirt, onto the floor, into the cracks between the sofa cushions.
I don't care. I'm wild eyed and wired.

This is friggin' disgusting. I start to clean. Everything. I vacuum the floors. I dust. I move on to the kitchen. I rearrange the cupboards, I pull the knobs off the stove and wash them. I clean out the fridge.

My wife comes down; complains that the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal have woken her up. "SHUT THE F**K UP AND GO BACK TO BED...CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY!!!" I shout.

She sees the crazed look in my eyes, spies the empty Crack box in the trash, and softly begins to cry "Oh no, not again....."

Then it's on to my son's room. It's a friggin' mess. "GODDAMN IT GET UP AND CLEAN THIS MESS UP RIGHT NOW!!!"

He opens his eyes and looks at his alarm clock. "Uhhh, Dad, it's 4 AM"

Please, please, please... just keep that stuff away from me.

Cinnamon Toast Crack. That stuff never lasts a day in my house.

If I'm watching the tube at night and there happens to be a box of CT Crack in the cupboard, I grab that box the minute the wife goes to bed. Later I find myself with an empty box, staring at a late night rerun of Sports center, wondering where the last 3 hours of my life went.

Then I pull the inner bag from the box. There's gotta be close to a pound of sugar, cinnamon, and cereal residue at the bottom of every bag. This is the most potent...and dangerous... form of Cinnamon Toast Crack. I pour the crack directly into my mouth. The sh1t is running down my cheeks, down my shirt, onto the floor, into the cracks between the sofa cushions.
I don't care. I'm wild eyed and wired.

This is friggin' disgusting. I start to clean. Everything. I vacuum the floors. I dust. I move on to the kitchen. I rearrange the cupboards, I pull the knobs off the stove and wash them. I clean out the fridge.

My wife comes down; complains that the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal have woken her up. "SHUT THE F**K UP AND GO BACK TO BED...CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY!!!" I shout.

She sees the crazed look in my eyes, spies the empty Crack box in the trash, and softly begins to cry "Oh no, not again....."

Then it's on to my son's room. It's a friggin' mess. "GODDAMN IT GET UP AND CLEAN THIS MESS UP RIGHT NOW!!!"

He opens his eyes and looks at his alarm clock. "Uhhh, Dad, it's 4 AM"

Please, please, please... just keep that stuff away from me.

+1.

That was last night. I told myself "I'm tired, I want to go to bed early." At 1:30 am, I'm covered in cinnamon, sugar, and crumbs watching History Channel documentaries and shaking.

God, I love that stuff.

My favorite cereal.

capncu9.jpg

So many cereals, so little cabinet space..

Gotta be the fruity pebbles, but since I attempt to take most of my carbs in beer form, I have moved onto the slightly healthier raisin bran or frosted shredded wheat or whatever is in the cupboard.

Usually in my house, it is whatever is in the supersized bags on the bargain side of the cereal aisle in Wally-world. I have cereal every morn since it goes with reading the paper and will tide me over until lunch.

BTW, I still can't think of what the one, single BESTcereal is...

It's just not CTC :)

Apple Jacks are good.

Riasin Brain.

The greatest cereal in terms of production is probably corn, with rice and wheat both giving it a good run for its money.

you could eat this cereal for years and it would hit the spot only once .but i think its really overrated

Back