Other Teams' Fans

Whaaaaa???? eeek :p

The Official Saints Fans VIP Pass into PP:

0000-Su1505700196.jpg

Plus you're just fine on your own posting merits, anyway. :)

Why thank you!

I tell you what. After years of trolls who used to come over to our old Saints board and mangle the place, I am soooooooo glad to have found a great home here with all you Pats and other really cool people from other teams to hang with. And I have been quite successful at ignoring those annoying haters who showed up each week during the season. Thanks to all of you guys for maintaining a great environment.:thumb:

Or does it become a Patriots Love Fest with any opposing opinion being shouted down ala Middy.

"I love the Patriots!"

"Me too, they are teh awesome"

"I love Tom Brady and is teh bestest"

"Me too, but I think he's the bestest of all time"

"I hate every other team"

"Me too they are teh suck"

[poster of the Chargers]..."I think it will be a great game coming up and I think they the Chargers will win"

"Chargers are teh suck, they are not classy, they choke, the Patriots are teh best"

[poster of the Chargers]..."well I just think that the gam....."

"STFU! This is a Patriots board, if you want to talk about teh Chargers I bet they have a board where your opinion counts do beat it!"

"Now where were we, oh yeah, I love teh Patriots!"

I guess we will have to see but I for one refuse to be a poster of a board that is 100% Patriots all the time...it's one of the reasons I post Diva Threads and Bust threads...just to change stuff up a little.

No one here is gonna tell me anything I don't already know about the Pats. I have been to the last 170+ home games and I love to death but I'm not about to become an opinionless Homer.

Ok, ala middy? The only real love fest that went on with this board was in the political forum...I am a republican, oh I am too, I love being a republican, Obama is the suck, etc etc. I have no problem talk to other fans about football, and sorry I am going to have an opinion about it, and it just might be biased toward my team, who oh yeah is one of the most succesful teams this decade. If I want to go where my team will get bashed all the time, I can go to espn. I think its ok to still like the patriots and say good things about them.:shrug:

Ok, ala middy? The only real love fest that went on with this board was in the political forum...I am a republican, oh I am too, I love being a republican, Obama is the suck, etc etc. I have no problem talk to other fans about football, and sorry I am going to have an opinion about it, and it just might be biased toward my team, who oh yeah is one of the most succesful teams this decade. If I want to go where my team will get bashed all the time, I can go to espn. I think its ok to still like the patriots and say good things about them.:shrug:
Hey everyone...it's Midgar!

Why don't we all give him a nice Welcome Back and congratulate him on the way he redecorated PP!

great job Midgar! Everyone is thrilled with what you did with the place!

Thanks!

keep up the good work!

You must have a lot of admirers cuz when you left for good...wait I hoped, err thought you left for good???????????????????????????????????

Either way, when you left for good after lighting this place on fire a bunch of posters left as well. You must have quite the following. lol

Enjoy your stay at the Planet, I am sure you will be inundated with tons of Welcome Back Threads! Maybe everyone will throw you a party!

Wait, I thought you told everyone you were leaving??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyways, if you came back just to make sure we all knew you were leaving...trust us, we knew so all the calls and emails that didn't come asking you to return....yeah, that was us!

Edit: BTW, you really should have read the rules before posting a political bashing post.

I resent the put downs of homers. Being a homer is a beautiful thing. "Fan" comes from the root word "fanatic". So if you are a Patriots fan you are an fanatic by definition.

What's the difference between being a Patriots fanatic and a homer? I suppose we all must be objective in our views of our team so we can act like members of the media? Well I will not do that! I am a Patritos fan with all my heart.

Will I be critical of the team if I think it is justified? Yes I will. But some just have to jump on the negativity just to prove that they are not homers and so called objective. Well I'm a homer and proud of it. I'm a Patriots fanatic and proud of it.

As far as fans from other teams I really enjoy most of them that post here. But I can't stand trolls and there is a big difference between a troll and a good fan of another team and if anyone can't see that, they are a morons.

Now this is a Patriots site so the fans of other teams should expect that their team get dumped on from time to time. Just as a Patriots fan posting on a Colts board should expect the fans there to dump on the Patriots.

This as much as I can this a person.

Since when did being a fanatic/homer become such a bad thing? You are gonna punish me and put me down because I have unconditional love for my teams?!? And yes I have read many posts that make me feel like it is a bad thing.

Forgive me for living my life in a positive way but I like it that way. If my team sucks well so be it! I will still be behind them 100% You can't always be the best. But don't judge me for rootin for them even when they are not at their best. That's the time they need us most.

As far as I'm concerned, fans of all teams are welcome here. The only person I've banned thus far was a Pats fan who was complaining about Colts fans.

That being said, Manning does have a rather oversized forehead and threw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl (unlike Tom Brady).

I hope that clears things up.

:)

This as much as I can this a person.

Since when did being a fanatic/homer become such a bad thing? You are gonna punish me and put me down because I have unconditional love for my teams?!? And yes I have read many posts that make me feel like it is a bad thing.

Forgive me for living my life in a positive way but I like it that way. If my team sucks well so be it! I will still be behind them 100% You can't always be the best. But don't judge me for rootin for them even when they are not at their best. That's the time they need us most.
Except you have it backwards.

Nobody interupted the sloberfests.

But the Homers constantly attacked any negative or critical posts.

You want to talk about the greatness that is the New England Patriots...have at it.

You want to talk about the greatness that is the New England Patriots...have at it.

This is one thing we will try to stop from happening in the football forum. The Asylum is still available for those who need to engage in smack talk (and it is now linked off of the Football Forum, so there should be no excuses about people not knowing about it).

I am a homer and I don't think I have ever attacked anyone about being negative. Do I think it sucks to see fans be so negative? Yes. But at the same time that is how the fans in New England are. I would say there is a difference between being negative and critical posts though. Sitting there saying Brady sucks vs pointing out the reasons WHY you think that are what makes the difference between a fan and a troll.

But we all have our own ways of showing our fandomness and to put others down because they are being positive about it even during a bad spurt or vice versa really does suck. Am I going to sit here and jump on people and attack them for saying Brady sux? No I don't have time to do so nor do I care to. We all have our opinions. I won't belittle anyone or dump on anyone for voicing their opinions.

PS: for the sake of not being a hypocrit I hope to God I have never attacked anyone of you in any way. If I did and you want to call me out on it I give permission :)

Hey everyone...it's Midgar!

Why don't we all give him a nice Welcome Back and congratulate him on the way he redecorated PP!

great job Midgar! Everyone is thrilled with what you did with the place!

Thanks!

keep up the good work!

You must have a lot of admirers cuz when you left for good...wait I hoped, err thought you left for good???????????????????????????????????

Either way, when you left for good after lighting this place on fire a bunch of posters left as well. You must have quite the following. lol

Enjoy your stay at the Planet, I am sure you will be inundated with tons of Welcome Back Threads! Maybe everyone will throw you a party!

Wait, I thought you told everyone you were leaving??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyways, if you came back just to make sure we all knew you were leaving...trust us, we knew so all the calls and emails that didn't come asking you to return....yeah, that was us!

Edit: BTW, you really should have read the rules before posting a political bashing post.

Or the rules about flaming me?:shrug:

Or the rules about flaming me?:shrug:
That only applies to posters here.

You left. Remember? I mean you wrote a whole thread about it. I even bumped it for you in case someone hacked into your account and is using your screen name.

I haven't even begun to flame you. I just pointed out all good shit you missed since pouring gasoline on this place and lighting matches. How everyone is so grateful for it.

You'll know when I flame you.

That only applies to posters here.

You left. Remember? I mean you wrote a whole thread about it. I even bumped it for you in case someone hacked into your account and is using your screen name.

I haven't even begun to flame you. I just pointed out all good shit you missed since pouring gasoline on this place and lighting matches. How everyone is so grateful for it.

You'll know when I flame you.

I was asked to come back, and I did. It seems though that the rules are not stopping what you are doing now, so whats the difference?

I am a homer and I don't think I have ever attacked anyone about being negative. Do I think it sucks to see fans be so negative? Yes. But at the same time that is how the fans in New England are. I would say there is a difference between being negative and critical posts though. Sitting there saying Brady sucks vs pointing out the reasons WHY you think that are what makes the difference between a fan and a troll.

But we all have our own ways of showing our fandomness and to put others down because they are being positive about it even during a bad spurt or vice versa really does suck. Am I going to sit here and jump on people and attack them for saying Brady sux? No I don't have time to do so nor do I care to. We all have our opinions. I won't belittle anyone or dump on anyone for voicing their opinions.

PS: for the sake of not being a hypocrit I hope to God I have never attacked anyone of you in any way. If I did and you want to call me out on it I give permission :)

You can attack me anytime.:cool:

As this thread is not about Football (rather the forum), it is being moved (while I consider if some warnings need to be issued to a couple people).

As far as I'm concerned, fans of all teams are welcome here. The only person I've banned thus far was a Pats fan who was complaining about Colts fans.

That being said, Manning does have a rather oversized forehead and threw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl (unlike Tom Brady).

I hope that clears things up.

:)

And wasn't that a beautiful thing? :)

Oh wait, he's a Colts fan now. Just throw everybody under the bus for Manning like you did for Brady and you'll fit in fine. :thumb:

Oh wait, he's a Colts fan now. Just throw everybody under the bus for Manning like you did for Brady and you'll fit in fine. :thumb:

Did you just mention Manning and throwing people under the bus?:coffee: Sorry I think that job is already taken for Manning.

Back