Other Teams' Fans

I wasn't accusing you specifically, so sorry if you took it that way. I know this isn't the place to be posting it, but my feeling is if everyone just relaxes a bit and things start to get back to normal, there is a good chance that the forum that was taken off the table to discuss those things in will be back. I stopped going in there a long time ago, but I understand that people don't want to talk football all day all the time. If the board gets to some median baseline as far as civility and hostility, in all of the forums, I think it will be considered. I don't think the mods are unreasonable and will be open to it.

One of the bigger problems that I would attribute to just about everything is that familiarity breeds contempt, and in hindsight I can see that that's what was happening across the board.

Sorry for hijacking, but it seemed the right place to respond.
I know that...don't worry. Heck I contributed negatively in that forum as well and carry some resposibility. I just really don't have the time to be posting on different boards and it was good to have everything right here on PP. One click and all that sh!t. Obviously this situation is highly fluid and have faith in my homies that run this place to figure out whats best.

I guess I dont see how the new forum has change from the old forum where it comes to fans of other teams

the point is to be civil and respectful of others common sense you know like we try to do irl

I must be missing something

I resent the put downs of homers. Being a homer is a beautiful thing. "Fan" comes from the root word "fanatic". So if you are a Patriots fan you are an fanatic by definition.

What's the difference between being a Patriots fanatic and a homer? I suppose we all must be objective in our views of our team so we can act like members of the media? Well I will not do that! I am a Patritos fan with all my heart.

Will I be critical of the team if I think it is justified? Yes I will. But some just have to jump on the negativity just to prove that they are not homers and so called objective. Well I'm a homer and proud of it. I'm a Patriots fanatic and proud of it.

As far as fans from other teams I really enjoy most of them that post here. But I can't stand trolls and there is a big difference between a troll and a good fan of another team and if anyone can't see that, they are a morons.

Now this is a Patriots site so the fans of other teams should expect that their team get dumped on from time to time. Just as a Patriots fan posting on a Colts board should expect the fans there to dump on the Patriots.

I resent the put downs of homers. Being a homer is a beautiful thing. "Fan" comes from the root word "fanatic". So if you are a Patriots fan you are an fanatic by definition.

What's the difference between being a Patriots fanatic and a homer? I suppose we all must be objective in our views of our team so we can act like members of the media? Well I will not do that! I am a Patritos fan with all my heart.

Will I be critical of the team if I think it is justified? Yes I will. But some just have to jump on the negativity just to prove that they are not homers and so called objective. Well I'm a homer and proud of it. I'm a Patriots fanatic and proud of it.

As far as fans from other teams I really enjoy most of them that post here. But I can't stand trolls and there is a big difference between a troll and a good fan of another team and if anyone can't see that, they are a morons.

Now this is a Patriots site so the fans of other teams should expect that their team get dumped on from time to time. Just as a Patriots fan posting on a Colts board should expect the fans there to dump on the Patriots.

BOO-YAH!

:toast:

Pats suck, cheaters, 18-1, Tom brady is teh ghey!

Trolling in the sports forums won't be tolerated by fans of any team, you can take that to the bank.

Dumping on other teams is fine, just as long as visiting posters aren't dumped on in a personal way (as IndyPatriotFan learned the hard way).

I draw the line at pop warner. If that stuff starts up i am outta here!! :blink:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
dude Dorchester - no not the new mode that is Dchester has a dynasty going on - they are awesome and teh paresnt dance and cheer, quite a sight to see
Pats suck, cheaters, 18-1, Tom brady is teh ghey!
I love those, they are a to be worn with pride - if they hate you the chances are pretty good you are a championship quality team

when the day comes I no longer get those comments is teh day I no longer feel we are a legit option for vegas to give great odds on

Trolling in the sports forums won't be tolerated by fans of any team, you can take that to the bank.

Dumping on other teams is fine, just as long as visiting posters aren't dumped on in a personal way (as IndyPatriotFan learned the hard way).
\

So it's still OK if I post that Peyton is a choker who can be counted on to throw a pick six when the big game is on the line? And the Jets suck? And Polian is a stupid jerk and cost the Colts a chance at a perfect seaon which tehy will never see again?

And Ben R is a - Ok I won't go there right now.

Oh yes and the big one- what about my peeing man? He's still alowed , right?

dude Dorchester, no not the new mod that is Dchester, has a dynasty going on and they are awesome to watch especially the parents who dance and cheer, quite a sight to see

Paging babalu: can we get a translation here please? :confused:

But they are my sucky cheaters with a ghey QB who went 18-1 and have a * by every SB win, and I'm proud of them.

If I was to post that Peyton's forehead is so big that it should be called a 'five' head, does that make me a homer??

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

\

So it's still OK if I post that Peyton is a choker who can be counted on to throw a pick six when the big game is on the line? And the Jets suck? And Polian is a stupid jerk and cost the Colts a chance at a perfect seaon which tehy will never see again?

And Ben R is a - Ok I won't go there right now.
exactly but saying to Poster X just because he is disagreeing with you or a fan of an opposing player

"go die in a fire, you [mode edit]"*

is no longer tolerated

*only an example, not pointing fingers

why is it always a fire anyway

why is it always a fire anyway

It's sexier than drowning or blunt force trauma.

I'm the Saints fan! I guess we all know that by now.;)

Whaaaaa???? eeek :p

The Official Saints Fans VIP Pass into PP:

0000-Su1505700196.jpg

Plus you're just fine on your own posting merits, anyway. :)

I think it will be interesting to see if this new setup brings in additional fans of other teams. I hope it does but one never knows if along with that comes the Dashoe's of teh cyber world

I've been thinking about dashoe lately, lol.

Also, I kinda like the idea of a Patriots circle jerk. :sulk:

Back