Patriots pushing Polian's buttons

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

That's priceless....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Polian is slowly becoming known for being one of the biggest jackasses in a professional sports front office and that's quite a feat considering some of his competition.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I heard Felger report this tonight on FSNE. This is classic Belichick at work.

I wonder if theres a memo floating around to all Pats employees that if Polian were to "act up," nobody would be fired if Polian were to... oh, say.... take a nasty spill down a flight of stairs? ;) :D

Polian is the biggest baby. And football is supposed to be a tough sport.

cka203 on 10-20-2006 at 07:14 AM said:
Aw, is you guys afeerd my bad-azz Colts will be too rough for ya?

;)
all I can say is as bad as T.O. is, he never hit anybody or wished injury on them unless they were his QB.

cka203 on 10-20-2006 at 07:14 AM said:
Aw, is you guys afeerd my bad-azz Colts will be too rough for ya?

;)
No. However the larger point is this....there should be no place in football for any team executive who bullies other team employees, acts like a madman in the press box of an opponent or calls for an opposing player's leg to be broken.

Polian is an embarrassment to the Colts and the league!

Ras on 10-20-2006 at 10:23 AM said:
No. However the larger point is this....there should be no place in football for any team executive who bullies other team employees, acts like a madman in the press box of an opponent or calls for an opposing player's leg to be broken.

Polian is an embarrassment to the Colts and the league!
the difference is Polian has no inner monologue while the rest of mankind does - sure we think some of these thoughts but we are intelligent enough to not say them or try to follow through- I guess that is what separates Humans from a horse arse- self control

Talking about embarrassing the league, it is clear the NFL has pushed hard to cover this one up and bury it. PFT had a couple comments this morning :D

DOUBLE STANDARD FOR NAPOLIAN?

In the wake of the revelation that Colts president Bill Polian was required merely to make a written apology to the Jets employee whom he threw against a wall on October 1, some league insiders are baffled by the proverbial slap on the wrist that Polian received.

"He's the president of a billion-dollar company," said one league source. "What would happen if the president of any other major company physically assaulted an employee of another company? Where in America can you get away with that?"

The thinking is that the league tried to get and keep this situation under wraps in order to prevent fans from concluding that a league littered with thugs on the field might be merely following the lead of the guys who run the teams.

In comparison to an incident that occurred on the very same day -- the face-stomping by Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth on Cowboys center Andre Gurode -- Polian's conduct might seem tame. But Haynesworth's actions occurred between the lines, in the context of a game in which pushing and shoving and hitting routinely occurs. Polian is a suit-and-tie guy; there's no pushing or shoving or hitting at all in his business. (Well, apparently there is; but there shouldn't be.)

So the incidents, in our view, are identical in outrageousness. Haynesworth was way over "the line" that applied to his behavior, and Polian was, too.

League insiders also are wondering why the incident isn't getting more attention in the media. Apart from FOX's Jay Glazer, who broke the initial story, and Tom Curran of NBCSports.com, who reported on Thursday that Polian had been required to apologize, there has been nothing from anyone who gets paid to cover the sport.

No reporting. No commentary. Nothing.

Instead, Friday's Indianapolis Star features a slurp job from Bob Kravitz regarding Polian's brilliance, which recently included giving up a second-round draft pick for a nearly washed-up defensive tackle who can't be counted on to stuff the run in Indy because he really hasn't been doing it this year in Tampa.

Kravitz also downplays the issue at hand with one dismissive sentence: "That whole dust-up with a Jets employee that was reported by foxsports.com, well, we didn't see it and haven't had it confirmed by anybody on the record, so that's gone nowhere." (It'll be interesting to see what the Star writes on this come Saturday. Or Sunday.)

Meanwhile, we continue to hear examples of Polian's temper, as displayed in stadium press boxes over the years. The guy's temper is legendary in league circles, and the non-consequence imposed for laying hands on an employee of another team will, in our view, do nothing to deter him from acting this way in the future.

In fairness to Polian, we've also heard from a couple of agents who say that, in negotiations, Polian is tough but fair, and that he always has conducted himself as a gentleman.

The Jets employee who got thrown against a wall might disagree with that one, however.

I would check th eteam parking lot for the employee with the new high priced car and shiny new watch and new house and....

that might lead you to the person alledgedly assaulted

Sadly, I can't disagree with what's been said in this thread. :(

I honestly don't know much about Polian, just what I've seen and read. But it certainly sounds like he has a horrible temper, and doesn't control it. Not good. :shake:

cka203 on 10-20-2006 at 10:40 AM said:

I honestly don't know much about Polian, just what I've seen and read. But it certainly sounds like he has a horrible temper, and doesn't control it. Not good. :shake:
cka, maybe Nappie just needs a little "cuddle & bubble"

Back