Patriots select cornerback Cyrus Jones Round 2, pick 60

You have more confidence in Bama players succeeding in the NFL than I do.

I tend to agree with you more than I disagree with you in this statement, but then again, you do bring a little bias when it comes to Alabama. :)

I would be fine with the decision if BB decides to sit this kid the rest of the year and start over next year.

I don't want him returning another punt unless the Pats are up by 4 TDs.

I also believe he was the one who got beat on the Rams' lone TD.

Disappointing so far. I think it was reasonable to expect limited action at CB this season, but we were all pretty exciting about his potential contributions in the return game. He's been a disaster there so far.

Aside from CB depth, he's providing very little for this team right now.

Disappointing so far. I think it was reasonable to expect limited action at CB this season, but we were all pretty exciting about his potential contributions in the return game. He's been a disaster there so far.

Aside from CB depth, he's providing very little for this team right now.

So far, so bad. ..

I always found catching a punt to be one of the hardest things to do on a football field.

but if you are a punt returner, it's a skill you need to master.

IIRC, wasn't punt returning something he did well in college?

Sad thing is, he was pretty good in coverage, except for the one big play he gave up.

Cyrus needs to decide if he wants to be a pro, and pay attention to his surroundings, or not. This isn't Stevan Ridley who tried, and worked on his fumbling problems desperately. Jones just seems disengaged to his surroundings on special teams.

I honestly think this dude needs to see a sports psychologist or something. he has the yips.

I honestly think this dude needs to see a sports psychologist or something. he has the yips.

I dunno if it's the yips or not. I do know that he seems to forget where he is on the football field sometimes.

BB shouldered the blame for Jones in his presser, stating he needs to coach him better, and that his gaffes are preventable. The kid must have something going for him, because McCourty and TFB both stood up for him, too.

between the gostkowski kicking issues, and cyrus jones issues, it is fair to say the pats miss scott o'brien - this looks like the oline decline when dante left.

Back