Pats-eagles

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Thoughts:

1. I am going to the game. Psyched. I think all the talk about Eagles fans being big, bad, meanies is overstated. I'm not going to be overly loud, but I'm not going in disguise either.

2. This could be a tough match-up. The Eagles are athletic. They will be desperate. They need to win out. They are confident having just beaten the Manning Lites in NY.

3. I think I want Vick more than Young. Young wins. Vick does not. And I have an easier time getting up the serious hate for a person who killed dogs.

4. Can't wait till Sunday.

5. Discuss the game here, if you like.

This is probably the last game I am overly worried about. Its not that I do not think the pats can beat them, but its a weird game, Pats do not have a huge history with them, and the eagles have a lot of playmakers and if they actually play to their ability can be real good. The Patriots offense needs to do way better than they have in this game. The line needs to block better and we need to get some actual receivers involved in the offense a bit. I think we can have success running the ball though. On defense stop the run stop the run stop the run.

I think you're wrong about Vince Young. He's basically an emotionally unstable Tim Tebow without the upside and intagibles.

Given the choice. I'd much rather face Vince Young. Although, Vick is far more hateable. I don't think that's even remotely disputable.

Good luck out there at the game. Try to avoid getting hit with any of the batteries. I hear they sting.

I think you're wrong about Vince Young. He's basically an emotionally unstable Tim Tebow without the upside and intagibles.

Given the choice. I'd much rather face Vince Young. Although, Vick is far more hateable. I don't think that's even remotely disputable.

Good luck out there at the game. Try to avoid getting hit with any of the batteries. I hear they sting.

Young was positively dreadful against the Giants, spraying the ball all over the place. He might have been better than a 40% Vick, but he isn't nearly as good as 80% Vick.

I'll be thrilled if Vince starts this week.

Young was positively dreadful against the Giants, spraying the ball all over the place. He might have been better than a 40% Vick, but he isn't nearly as good as 80% Vick.

I'll be thrilled if Vince starts this week.

So have they said if Vick is playing or not?

The thing is that Vince was very solid on that last drive and has a knack for doing such things. His record as a starter isn't bad.

Michael Vick is a punk who is destined to look good at times but lose a lot of games for his team.

They also have less film on VY.

To be crystal clear, neither of these QBs scares me.

The Eagles athleticism and talent level, and the thought of them manning up our receivers and pressuring Brady....that scares me a bit. Could be Steelers Game Part 2, at least for the Pats offense.

I'm very concerned about this game with Vick playing; my concern level goes down a notch with Vince Young playing.

Their pass rush bothers me more than either QB, however. Ask Eli. They did to Eli what the Giants did to TB. With Light hobbled or out, Solder will be forced to play T instead of TE unless BB has infinite trust in Cannon. If TB gets protected, we're fine no matter who the QB is.

Trent Cole. Block him plz. KTHXBYE. He's a maniac.
Sometimes personal vendettas come into it for me. On top of that, I am an Eagle hater from way back.This means I hope they burn A$ante repeatedly if it fits into the gameplan.

Those speedy WRs become less dangerous with Young in the game IMO. Not sure if Maclin is playing though. Think he missed the NYG game.
Also, please cover Celek!!!!!

Glad to see you back DS. :)

Trent Cole. Block him plz. KTHXBYE. He's a maniac.
Sometimes personal vendettas come into it for me. On top of that, I am an Eagle hater from way back.This means I hope they burn A$ante repeatedly if it fits into the gameplan.

Those speedy WRs become less dangerous with Young in the game IMO. Not sure if Maclin is playing though. Think he missed the NYG game.
Also, please cover Celek!!!!!

Glad to see you back DS. :)
Yeah, thanks, always great to see you HS, but I'm not really back. I still get that white screen and interminable delays most times I try to move around the site under the name DS. Frustrating but it is what it is. Keeping this short because it will likely end up in cyberspace.

Oh, and TG, shocking that you'd like to see a bunch of Philly types beat the snot out of me. Good to see your consistency.

Go Pats!

I agree with alot of what Middy said.

I also think a big key for them this week is ABSOLUTLEY NOT getting off to a slow start. They just can't do that against this team. They have play makers and
I am nervous this may be the week the D takes a little step backwards.

Yeah, thanks, always great to see you HS, but I'm not really back. I still get that white screen and interminable delays most times I try to move around the site under the name DS. Frustrating but it is what it is. Keeping this short because it will likely end up in cyberspace.

Oh, and TG, shocking that you'd like to see a bunch of Philly types beat the snot out of me. Good to see your consistency.

Go Pats!
I told you to cheer for the Pats.:shrug:

The thing is that Vince was very solid on that last drive and has a knack for doing such things. His record as a starter isn't bad.

Michael Vick is a punk who is destined to look good at times but lose a lot of games for his team.

They also have less film on VY.

To be crystal clear, neither of these QBs scares me.

The Eagles athleticism and talent level, and the thought of them manning up our receivers and pressuring Brady....that scares me a bit. Could be Steelers Game Part 2, at least for the Pats offense.

Vince Young is 31-17 in his career with a team that was talented enough to go 13-3 at their peak with him on the bench. Vick is 49-38-1 while playing with what was, frankly, a pretty lousy Falcons team for much of his tenure.

Vick has been up and down this year, but neither guy jumps out as being more of a "winner" than the other, IMO.

This should be interesting for me. My mother-in-law is up for the weekend and we will be watching it together. She's from PA and is a Philly fan. She normally roots for the Pats when she's here but won't be this time.

She's also one of those people who yells at the players very loudly like they can hear her when they do something wrong. Every player sucks until they do something right.:cuss:

On the other hand, I like to actually hear what the announcers are saying about the game so I'm normally quiet unless something really good happens and then it's a quick "YES!!" and that's it.:thumb:

I think I'm going to need more beer.:toast:

Philly fans will be fine unless the Pats are winning. In that case, watch out. I think this is the Pats toughest game left. If the Eagles play like the did vs the Giants, it could be a long day. The problem is they suck at home and have been inconsistent. Injuries have hurt them as well. Should be a good game with the result being 50/50.

This should be interesting for me. My mother-in-law is up for the weekend and we will be watching it together. She's from PA and is a Philly fan. She normally roots for the Pats when she's here but won't be this time.

She's also one of those people who yells at the players very loudly like they can hear her when they do something wrong. Every player sucks until they do something right.:cuss:

On the other hand, I like to actually hear what the announcers are saying about the game so I'm normally quiet unless something really good happens and then it's a quick "YES!!" and that's it.:thumb:

I think I'm going to need more beer.:toast:

"Hey Mom! Have I shown you what I've done in the basement? Got a legit man-cave in the making!"

(opens door)

"After you."

(after first step down shove yur boot halfway up her a$$)

(done)

Philly fans will be fine unless the Pats are winning. In that case, watch out. I think this is the Pats toughest game left. If the Eagles play like the did vs the Giants, it could be a long day. The problem is they suck at home and have been inconsistent. Injuries have hurt them as well. Should be a good game with the result being 50/50.
The Eagles were pretty lousy on offense for a lot of that Giants game.

Oh, hi y'all, long time listener, first time caller.

Welcome. And yes, yes they were, with Vince leading the charge. :Lwelcome:
Thanks.

I'm not sure the QB will be the big issue. Neither is going to Canton.

How the Pats deal with the defense the Eagles throw out them is a much bigger pivot in this one, I think.

Back