Pats vs Bills, wk 8 2018

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Ok, so Josh Allen isn't starting which means Derek Anderson is their QB against the Pats. Hardly seems fair either way. Hoyer and Etling could see time in the 4th qtr if not earlier.

Divisional matchup, Bills are a good team, gonna make it tough for the pats. :coffee:

And of course the one week of the football season where we move our clocks back on this side of the Pond and the games are all an hour earlier, it doesn't matter because the Pats are in Prime Time and I have work the next morning.

Eff you NFL scheduling committee.

Ok, so Josh Allen isn't starting which means Derek Anderson is their QB against the Pats. Hardly seems fair either way. Hoyer and Etling could see time in the 4th qtr if not earlier.

Has Etling even been active for any games?

This is going to follow the old "on paper the Pats should crush them but since they suck so bad they will give the Pats all they can handle" scenario...

Twobillsdrive site is drowning in tears. They feel victimized having to play the Pats on a Monday night.

I actually thought those guys had a chance to be competitive under McDermott, but the scores of the last few games indicates that his regime has totally hit the skids and once again they have to start rolling that rock back up the hill.

I watched Allen in preseason and thought he looked better than I expected, but there is no way he was ready to play this year and the results speak for themselves. He's green as hell and they'll be lucky if he hasn't completely lost his confidence.

However, I do not forsee a total wipeout, because......that's not what we do under these circumstances and the Bills have their Super Bowl in just giving us a tussle in one regular season game that is meaningless to them standings-wise.

Just get a W any way possible and get out of there with nobody hurt and I'll be happy.

I actually thought those guys had a chance to be competitive under McDermott, but the scores of the last few games indicates that his regime has totally hit the skids and once again they have to start rolling that rock back up the hill.

I watched Allen in preseason and thought he looked better than I expected, but there is no way he was ready to play this year and the results speak for themselves. He's green as hell and they'll be lucky if he hasn't completely lost his confidence.

However, I do not forsee a total wipeout, because......that's not what we do under these circumstances and the Bills have their Super Bowl in just giving us a tussle in one regular season game that is meaningless to them standings-wise.

Just get a W any way possible and get out of there with nobody hurt and I'll be happy.

Not sure, I think it would be harder for us to lose this game than win it. The sorry colts beat them by 40.

Be nice to get a win in Buffalo and have no major injuries. If we are up late in game be good to get guys out of the game as our second stringers will be able to hold off the Bills.

Sometimes when you think it will be easy is when you get a nail biter. I think it is a extreme uphill battle for the Bills to be us.

Somehow, the Bills will be able to score a lot of points...but, the Pats get the W.

I don't trust this defense...

Somehow, the Bills will be able to score a lot of points...but, the Pats get the W.

I don't trust this defense...

no, I don't think so. Not this week. 2 turnovers that gave the Bears ridiculously short fields and Trubisky doing his Mike Vick impersonation are what had the Bears within 3 scores last week. Not seeing those kinds of breakdowns happening again. The Bears actually have some talent as well. What do the Bills have besides despair?

no, I don't think so. Not this week. 2 turnovers that gave the Bears ridiculously short fields and Trubisky doing his Mike Vick impersonation are what had the Bears within 3 scores last week. Not seeing those kinds of breakdowns happening again. The Bears actually have some talent as well. What do the Bills have besides despair?

And possibly no LeSean McCoy who is in the concussion protocol.

I used to love any night games, but as I've gotten older I've grown to dislike them.

I hope it's a blowout.

I'm going to be in Houston next week for work, so I won't have access to my whisky rack.

Fair warning.

Would be nice to see some defense from the Pats this week.

Just heard stat that they have given up 2nd most 2nd half points this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice to see some defense from the Pats this week.

Just heard stat that they have given up 2nd most 2nd half points this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the Pats are on pace to give up 406 pts, 65 more points than any Pats team in the BB era (348 in '02) and 3rd most ever for the year - behind the '72 team & Rod Rust's 1990 1-15 team - both gave up 446 points.

I read the Pats are on pace to give up 406 pts, 65 more points than any Pats team in the BB era (348 in '02) and 3rd most ever for the year - behind the '72 team & Rod Rust's 1990 1-15 team - both gave up 446 points.

So much for 'bend, don't break' :coffee:

I guess Matty P wasn't the problem :shrug_n:

Back