Poll: Think Jimmy G will get traded?

Think Jimmy G will be traded?

• Total voters

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
This poll asks if you think Jimmy G will get traded or not. Not if you want him to get traded. Both sides keep getting mentioned. Hawg gives one example below of the many voices saying a killer trade is coming. Adam S., Mike R. and other media insiders are convinced the Pat's are hanging on to Jimmie G, no matter how much is offered.

I can't remember what the over/under was on # of Jimmy G posts this off-offseason, but we must have passed the over by now.

I highly approve of another Jimmy G. thread.

It's been way too quiet and I smell a huge deal brewing. A massive one that will have everybody soiling themselves over the Pats not being content with merely winning the Super Bowl in spectacular fashion. No, our guys plan to steamroll the entire league by dominating the offseason. First, we won free agency and then will win the draft by playing the Jimmy G. card in a masterful way. I predict this will DEFINITELY happen and the whole football world will be in awestruck envy.

JG will be a Patriot this year.

Depends, maybe not this year, but if Brady has another great season, and Jimmy is a free agent, I cannot see him staying. They would have to pay two QB's big money and the pats just do not do those things. It would be easier if Brady retires after next year, and then you pay him, but not sure that is going to happen if he keeps playing like he is doing.

Depends, maybe not this year, but if Brady has another great season, and Jimmy is a free agent, I cannot see him staying. They would have to pay two QB's big money and the pats just do not do those things. It would be easier if Brady retires after next year, and then you pay him, but not sure that is going to happen if he keeps playing like he is doing.

Tender & trade - E. G. Matt Cassell

Cheers

I could see JG traded. A week ago I would have argued not.

Extremely talented. But how durable?

The fact that the Pats are missing high draft picks plays into this. Thought BB's MO was not to miss any of the draft parade.

I think a lot will depend on what happens on draft day. I would not be surprised to see a trade for JG go down during the draft, if that's possible. Some mocks have the Browns taking Garrett and #1 and Trubisky at #12, with the Cardinals taking Mahomes at #13 right afterwards. Some have Watson in the mix too. But what happens if teams go crazy at the last minute and all three QBs are taken before Cleveland's #12 pick? I can see Belichick and the Browns working a contingency deal, saying, "If the QBs you like are gone by #12, we'll take that pick and this other one here and that other one there and you get Jimmy G".

Now that it appears Butler is staying especially with the Saints signing AP, I think a trade is very possible. It really depends how badly Bill wants picks in the first two rounds. Felger was spouting some nonsense yesterday that the Pats could trade some of their 2018 picks to get picks in this draft but I don't see Bill mortgaging the future for a draft class he does not seem to like all that much.

My gut feeling tells me Jimmy is staying, for this season anyways.

Now that it appears Butler is staying especially with the Saints signing AP, I think a trade is very possible. It really depends how badly Bill wants picks in the first two rounds. Felger was spouting some nonsense yesterday that the Pats could trade some of their 2018 picks to get picks in this draft but I don't see Bill mortgaging the future for a draft class he does not seem to like all that much.

My gut feeling tells me Jimmy is staying, for this season anyways.

I don't think Bill has ever done that, has he? Usually he trades up for the future (e.g. sends a team this year's 3rd for next year's 2nd). I can't see him, say, trading next year's 2nd for another 3rd this year. He's big on getting value, not giving it.

I don't think Bill has ever done that, has he? Usually he trades up for the future (e.g. sends a team this year's 3rd for next year's 2nd). I can't see him, say, trading next year's 2nd for another 3rd this year. He's big on getting value, not giving it.

Yeah. Another dopey take from Felger who has been more dopey than usual the past couple of months.

I'm going to say it will still happen. When the clock runs out on #12 &#33 and there has not been a trade, then I'll believe no trade will happen.

I didn't think he would, but now it's clear to me that he probably will. If they can get the 12 and 33 from Cleveland, you take it and run. If they hold on to him, to me, that's an indication that Brady is probably done after next year or the following year

12 & 33? Surely BB turned his head and managed a little smile at that.

But is that the TB12 insurance he wants for a SB this year and possibly next?

:shake:

BB will deal JimmyG when the time is right and get his price for him then. Til then, JimmyG is our back up to TB12 - until he becomes our starter.

I'd like it if BB kept him but if a starting QB goes down on a potential playoff team without a decent backup (Dallas) this season and they offer a Bradford-type deal mid season, how does BB turn that down?

Yeah. Another dopey take from Felger who has been more dopey than usual the past couple of months.

You mean like his remounting the "Hernandez is Bill's fault." bullshit? as he morphs out of his bandwagon ecstasy in February to his dickhead troublemaking provocateur self?

He is clearly the local sportstalk King and I've never quite understood it. :shrug:

You mean like his remounting the "Hernandez is Bill's fault." bullshit? as he morphs out of his bandwagon ecstasy in February to his dickhead troublemaking provocateur self?

He is clearly the local sportstalk King and I've never quite understood it. :shrug:

It's the Howard Stern model - genius - that he's simply replicating.

The audience tires of conversations of all parties in agreement. He plays the villain role. Takes that cause emotional riffs that anger. People are much more inclined to continue listening, call, or respond in any manner when they're upset rather than happy.

I actually thought Felger was more middle of the road this past football season. Many of his takes were pretty spot on and Tony played more the role of troublemaker. I actually believe Tony hates the Pats with a passion. It absolutely kills the guy to say anything positive about them or Bill. When it was announced yesterday that the Pats were keeping Butler, he was in awe, almost suspended disbelief as he realized he would have to talk all next season about the Pats having the best secondary and overall D in the league and he so relished downplaying the D last year using the lazy argument that the Pats had not played anyone. Of course he would say this right after he and Felger had a looong discussion about how the league stinks overall and how much of a drop off there is from the Pats to the next best team.

Back