Poll: Whats next for Bledsoe?

Whats next for Bledsoe?

• Retires

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Retires if he can't get a big contract

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Stays with Dallas as a backup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moves to a new team and accepts less money than he is used to.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
Whats next for Bledsoe?

This is the third team that is benching Bledsoe for a younger QB. Where does he go next? Will he retire?

I voted for "Retires if he doesn't get a big contract". I can't see him staying in Dallas as a back-up, and I think his stock has dropped around the league. Most teams will see him as a good veteran backup who can help mentor some young new rookie and basically be like Kurt Warner - start off the season, then get benched as soon as the new kid's ready to take over. And Drew's ego won't go for that.

If there was an option for: Retires if he can't get a starting job, Annihilus would pick that one.

He should retire. There are not many teams out there that will give him a starting job.

BizarroAnnihilus on 10-30-2006 at 07:17 AM said:
If there was an option for: Retires if he can't get a starting job, Annihilus would pick that one.

That is it right there. He doesn't care much about the money, he is set, but has said that if he can't start in the league, he will retire. He has no interest in holding a clipboard.

If he does retire I hope Bob Kraft brings him back for one day - so he can retire as a Patriot. When Drew was drafted he joined possibly the NFL's worst franchise- he left it in pretty good shape. If he hadn't stepped into the breach V's the Steelers in the AFC championship game we would never have got to SB36.

The guy is a legend...!!!- I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a back up/3rd stringer or even QB coach- his knowledge & experience would be priceless to us. :)
Just because the Cowboys o-line is shocking doesn't mean he can't do a decent job elsewhere- if Brady did ever get injured (god forbid) who realistically would be a better stand in?! It could be a great tandem (again)!!!

<<
I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a back up/3rd stringer or even QB coach- his knowledge & experience would be priceless to us
>>

I would. Yeah, he could teach all our young QBs how to throw ints and stand there with stonelegs and get sacked. Brady and the staff we have can already teach them how to avoid doing those things.

harrisonhits on 10-30-2006 at 02:03 PM said:
<<
I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a back up/3rd stringer or even QB coach- his knowledge & experience would be priceless to us
>>

I would. Yeah, he could teach all our young QBs how to throw ints and stand there with stonelegs and get sacked. Brady and the staff we have can already teach them how to avoid doing those things.

yeah but before he coaches them he would say "Here's how not to do it...!" :D

Drew won't come back here.

They "LIED" to him, remember.

3rd stringer coach?!?!? ROFL

Drew (during a time-out in a future pre-season game) Well Matt, this is where I'd usually telegraph the 5 yard out for the Pick Six. Don't do that.

Re: What's next for Bledsoe?

Maybe here?

20060130-pony_glue_factory.jpg

________
Type 300

I voted for "retire" because my option wasn't there.

Drew still mistakenly thinks he's good enough to start, but no team will agree. I think he'll get out of Dallas by hook or by crook, and wait for the phone to ring. The phone won't ring, and he'll head back to his ranch and sit around until, say, mid-October, at which point SOME team will have lost their starter and be willing to get Bledsoe into the fold. It's a win-win for him; he gets to skip training camp, he doesn't have to be a backup, and he's assured that he'll step into a starting role.

Back