Pop ups and other randomness

AdBlocker plus seems to be defeating the redirects for me.... so far

I don't get them at work, but they're persistent on my home laptop and iPad. I have the same ad blocker everywhere. Norton catches the redirects on the laptop alhough the alerts are annoying. Not sure why I don't get them at work.

I don't get them at work, but they're persistent on my home laptop and iPad. I have the same ad blocker everywhere. Norton catches the redirects on the laptop alhough the alerts are annoying. Not sure why I don't get them at work.

Ask your IT guy if a fireblock is installed...my guess.

I don't get any on my laptop (VPN and blockers), but they are ridiculous on my phone. It's getting tiresome. Hopefully a solution is found.

Every time I click on a thread I get one indicating I need to download some "Genius App". It's a real pain. I have the latest desktop Apple Mac with their latest OS.

I'm not getting popups or redirects on laptop using Firefox or iPad using Safari. I did just try to post and got this message:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (37066 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long.
There's no way it was too long. :shrug:

I'm not getting popups or redirects on laptop using Firefox or iPad using Safari. I did just try to post and got this message:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (37066 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long.
There's no way it was too long. :shrug:

I did not get this message using Chrome. Only using Firefox on the laptop.

Thank you guys - you fixed it - no more pop ups for me. :toast:

On firefox it is bad.
On chrome no issues.
but I have all my bookmarks on firefox.

but I have an ancient OS.

This is my experience as well.
I also have no issue on my iPad using Safari.
Whatever it is, it's exposing some vulnerability in Firefox.

Two days ago on chrome I get a pop-up EVERY time I load a page. I'm on the road. I hope it changes when I had home.

I'm not aware of anything being done, unless the clown snuck in and out without anyone noticing.

:shrug:

There aren't too many days that go by that I am not here trying to put up a temporary fix. The software is ancient and vulnerable, and there is nothing I can do to fix that so its more permanent.

There aren't too many days that go by that I am not here trying to put up a temporary fix. The software is ancient and vulnerable, and there is nothing I can do to fix that so its more permanent.

Thanks for trying to work miracles. I sometimes wonder if the end is in sight for this place.

Back