Pop ups and other randomness

You gotta go full Navy, drop the cover on the PC, and go QTip right up the crank and swirl.

F'n viruses are nasty.

I'm here on Safari, don't run tap-a-talk or forum runner and haven't had pop ups in days. That's my report and thanks for hard work, UT!

Running Opera it tells me to stay away from this site and when I tell it to ignore that it will function fine but will have a warning in the address bar that says "This site may be hacked or contain malware. It's contents should not be trusted."

Running Opera it tells me to stay away from this site and when I tell it to ignore that it will function fine but will have a warning in the address bar that says "This site may be hacked or contain malware. It's contents should not be trusted."

So you use the Opera Gwinfree function?

Cheers

I have not gotten one on my laptop in a while, but I was getting them on my desktop at work today, Firefox on Vista. Don't laugh, I said it's at work. I had previously deleted all my history and cookies and was therefore signed out. Like Joolz said, I get a message at the sign in area that the site is not secure and passwords may be hacked.

I just got a pop up for a game. forge of empires or something. Happened when I went to log in. I am at work using windows and chrome.

Just a warning to those using it....I am going to temporarily disable Tapatalk later this morning to see if there is any change.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

When I clicked the username box to log in this morning, Chrome opened another page that was trying to get me to sign up for Forge of Empires. I closed that page, and then the login for this site worked fine.

I just made a bunch of changes, including temporarily disabling Tapatalk.

Please let me know if any changes.

Actually, it is not fully disabled. I only disabled the Tapatalk detection script.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Can people that use Adblock check their adblock logs and see if it points to the offending scripts?

okay, I think I found it.

Tapa and Forum Runner are back on.

I installed Adblock on my work desktop myself, even though I already was not getting popups, and found adblock taking some action.

Traced the file and disabled it.

I was still able to intermittently get popups on Chrome on my phone, but after clearing data in Chrome on there, I have not been able to get more.

Could someone try clearing their data again, closing, etc... to see if the behaviour has changed? I think it should have.

What I believe is the offending file has been disabled, but I still need to figure out where the injection is coming from. I suspect this goes back to when the server was hacked in February I think?

Everything seems back to normal for me. No pop ups not logged in and no pop ups being logged in.

iPad Safari.

Just cleared everything and logged on using both Chrome and Firefox and no pop-ups!

Thank you, UT. You rock!

I just logged in. No popups, but it still says in the login and password boxes that this site is unsecured and passwords may be compromised.

Back