Random Football News, 2021

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
I'll give you that the Pro Bowl is really just a popularity contest.

Player stats can be deceiving. I maintain, there is no comparison between the two.

View: https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1482025473651535876

Well, what do you know, Tannehill comes in 4th in their Passer Rating but you said he wasn't any good! He's better than your boy!
Allen's rating is 87
Mac's rating is 83. Pretty damn good for a rookie. Same score Allen had his 2nd year.
Big Ben's rating is 70. Context matters.

I guess you think it's ok to use stats when it suits your purpose.

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Reaction score
If the Dolphins FO/Owner are back on the Tua train then Daboll should be their target for their next HC.
It was Daboll who coached Tua to become a good QB at Bama and the 2 got along quite well there.

OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Reaction score
Both Daboll and Frazier interview with the Dolphins, virtually, tomorrow.

Daboll is a people person with good interpersonal skills, unlike Flores. He'd make a pretty good HC.
Frazier would make a good Asst. HC and DC.
I can see them trying to hire both actually.

Foxx

Bills Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.billsfans.com
Daboll is a people person with good interpersonal skills, unlike Flores. He'd make a pretty good HC.
Frazier would make a good Asst. HC and DC.
I can see them trying to hire both actually.
And I'd be surprised to see either one go there, to be honest. Even though it is an exclusive club and these chances do not come along all that often, Frazier has already been a HC and understands that he would probably want a situation where he had the potential to be successful. The same goes for Daboll, he is in a position where he can pick and choose and if he has to wait another year for the right situation to come along, he can do that. With Allen in his back pocket, his demand is not going to decline anytime soon.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score
Except what do they do? It will be hard to cut him, he'd be $15 million of dead money. They do have an out after next year, maybe they'll wait until then.
The mentioned on NFLN that if they cut him when the new business year starts in March the cap hit would be $1.7 million.
Except what do they do? It will be hard to cut him, he'd be $15 million of dead money. They do have an out after next year, maybe they'll wait until then.
On NFLN. Rapoport was saying the $15 million is guaranteed but the rest of his contract isn’t. So if they release him in March the true cap hit is $1.7 million. Either way a costly mistake for them.